Should I make a Mapping Guide?

So hey y'all
Several people have been coming up with doubts and queries related to mapping. I use texture studio so I guess I should make a guide with texture studio itself.
Not a commands guide, flashhhie already make a video on that.
Just a guide on how to make good maps etc.
And if I make one, i am sure flashhhie will contribute his points of view too so it'll turn out to be great and people would have less questions and more skills
And flashhhie is known as UnuAlex on YT, if y'all know.
We also have a discord where several mappers, scripters and modellers are there. So it'll be more helpful for people to ask questions if needed.

I am aware that this guide exists but it's too old and I'd like to input new things as a lot of new stuffs has been implemented in texture studio.
also the old guide is for TDM maps but I'd make a guide for all types of maps.

Should I?

Only a few people around here know how to work with it. Most mappers around still prefer MTA or Map Construction.
Given the possibilities it presents, I say yes. Just makes sure your pace is right, cause it's a lot to take in.

Yes, I'm also the one who asked Maproar for Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
Only a few people around here know how to work with it. Most mappers around still prefer MTA or Map Construction.
Given the possibilities it presents, I say yes. Just makes sure your pace is right, cause it's a lot to take in.
Yeah I know. Just PM me with what YOU would like to see or if something you would like to be put.
Also, I'm not doing this alone. Several mappers together will jot down their points, making it more detailed

Nope, not necessary. There are several mapping tutorials out there lying around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konverse
Посмотреть сообщение
Nope, not necessary. There are several mapping tutorials out there lying around.
Could find only one and that's for TDM maps

Never got the hang of tstudio, great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uproar
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah I know. Just PM me with what YOU would like to see or if something you would like to be put.
Also, I'm not doing this alone. Several mappers together will jot down their points, making it more detailed
Can't really tell, because I'm among the ones struggling to get the hang of it. You said there's already a video on commands made by flashies. If you can, please send a link to it.

As for the tutorial itself, I'd like to see exactly how objects and object groups work, and how to handle the texture palette easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
Can't really tell, because I'm among the ones struggling to get the hang of it. You said there's already a video on commands made by flashies. If you can, please send a link to it.

As for the tutorial itself, I'd like to see exactly how objects and object groups work, and how to handle the texture palette easier.
https://*********/Nm4qGkxX0xI
This but it's in romana

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
https://*********/Nm4qGkxX0xI
This but it's in romana
That's ok, I'm romanian ).
Thanks.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
So you support my idea of making a guide,yeah?
In short, nope for me.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
In short, nope for me.
Oh I understood it the wrong way.

You could make a mapping tutorial because why not. It's just a no from me because most of us mappers learned it the hard way and spoon feeding other people to learn it by a tutorial won't make a difference or challenging enough.

Doesn't work the same for everybody, though.
I used tutorials to learn how texturing works. Didn't use a tool to texture my island, I just coded everything by hand until I was pleased with the result.

I understand, but I'm not going to make a video tutorial of how to use which commands and all. I'll just put the use of some importat commands and most importantly, the points which you should keep in mind while making a map or stuff that would make your mapping easier or stuff.
Basically some shortcuts, ideas and stuff like that

There are a lot of mappers around the community, why not just ask them for a crash course? I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't know why people still torture themselves with texture studio or JernejL's map editor. Not knowing any better I guess. They're both slow and clunky, and make mapping a chore and painful experience. It's about time people start developing/using in-game map editors, ones that allow texturing on the go, cloning objects with textures and so on.

Also @Uproar, your maps aren't even that impressive, so I don't know why you'd want to make a mapping tutorial.
Do you even know what you're babbling about, TS already IS AN IN-GAME EDITOR...
You OBVIOUSLY need the guy's guide since you don't even know how this works,
about the whole mapping thing, that's totally your opinion lol, but from the past statement u made i doubt you even saw the guy's mappings!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
There are a lot of mappers around the community, why not just ask them for a crash course? I'm sure they'll be happy to help.
I'm more than open to mappers who reach out to help me with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
Посмотреть сообщение
Do you even know what you're babbling about, TS already IS AN IN-GAME EDITOR...
You OBVIOUSLY need the guy's guide since you don't even know how this works,
about the whole mapping thing, that's totally your opinion lol, but from the past statement u made i doubt you even saw the guy's mappings!
Damn, thanks I guess lol and idk how I didn't read the sentence of him talkin bout the ingame thingy

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
So.... you're saying that ask mappers? huh I tried but no one replied me except Uproar.

& No one will waste time to help people.... but there are some people on earth who likes to help

It will be easier because "No need to wait for reply", just create a thread and we can see it everytime!

You didn't asked enough, most of mappers here are happy to help. No bullshit, it's an open community full of people's opinion.