A Good Budget Build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodyf23
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, I think I've misled you guys a little bit, the money I have stated above, is something I can easily spend, its just not more than that.
Then go for it. But don't focus too much on speed & performance. Don't forget about durability.

Let's begin with the basic question. What games do you want to play on your PC?

Since the GTX650 was already a low end card when it released, You can't expect it to run the latest games with decent framerates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez1337
Посмотреть сообщение
Let's begin with the basic question. What games do you want to play on your PC?
|
v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodyf23
Посмотреть сообщение
You can't be serious with a Mac .. I am actualy building this to allow me to play games like Far Cry 4, the build above can run far cry 5 (on paper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnahtann
Посмотреть сообщение
|
v
Didn't see that post.

Far Cry 4 will probably run, just dont expect the best performance out of the GTX650 (I used to run FC3 on that, and it was already struggling with a decent framerate). Far Cry 5 requires a GTX670 (min. requirements) so I assume you're not going to have a great experience trying to play that game on that graphicscard.

I would recommend saving up more for a bit better PC, especially because of future games that will release and I'm afraid that the GTX650 can't keep up with that at all. You can always decide to replace the graphicscard at a later date, but since the prices are extremly high now.. That's going to cost either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Yea, save up some and buy better gear.

My Nephew is chasing his gaming dreams, and has a budget of 800 AUD, and whilst he's finding some good priced builds, they're not overly powerful.

I told him to keep saving, and in the same time, trying to bolster what he's been given, to get a better PC up.

What I've been messing about with recently, is steams In Home Streaming... I've got a dual core 1.5 ghz Celeron, with 2 gigs of ram, running most games off my main rig.

This also allows you to move around from PC to PC as all you do is go to the next PC, and get the stream open to it.
But you need a PC that can actually run that game before you can stream it to the 2nd PC. So that doesn't really solves OP's problem.

I see a lot of Far Cry mentions in this thread.
Although, I'm a big fan of them, I wouldn't use the Far Cry series as a standard when it comes to building gaming PCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arithmetic
Посмотреть сообщение
Get your ananas peel of a brain off this thread. Can a computer transform into gas money? food? expenses in general?

What an illogical, nerdy ass post.
If he says he has a budget of X amount of money, doesn't mean that he only has money to buy a PC. I would assume that people value their general needs over a new PC. This is about OP who wants a new PC and has a set budget, so your comment is really misplaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
I see a lot of Far Cry mentions in this thread.
Although, I'm a big fan of them, I wouldn't use the Far Cry series as a standard when it comes to building gaming PCs.
OP Stated he wants to play Far Cry 4/5, so I guess that's why people compare the parts to work with those specific games.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Get your ananas peel of a brain off this thread. Can a computer transform into gas money? food? expenses in general?

It's just $220 so yeah a PC would be the most useful thing he can buy.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

If he has the brains to ask for advice about PC building before he spends his money, he probably has the brains to figure out his own budget priorities in life. Stick to what he asks for!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
OP Stated he wants to play Far Cry 4/5, so I guess that's why people compare the parts to work with those specific games.
He probably needs way less to play Far Cry 5, since it's very well optimized. Debatable when it comes to its predecessors.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
He probably needs way less to play Far Cry 5, since it's very well optimized. Debatable when it comes to its predecessors.
Honestly haven't try FC5 yet, but I checked the specs and this is on the ubisoft blog:

Код:
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.1 GHz or AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5 GHz or equivalent
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 or AMD R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
SYSTEM RAM: 8GB
Resolution: 720p
Video Preset: Low
Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhizors
Посмотреть сообщение
Far cry 5 would "run" on that build, but GTX 650 is a little bit weak if you want to play with high graphics settings. Since its a old Duna engine from FC3 it would work great on medium settings with no antialiasing at 1920x1080.
But i recommend better CPU, GPU and RAM for modern games.
Don't want to create any arguing points here although with that graphics card the experience will be pretty below low. I mentioned Far Cry 5 as it was the first game that came to my mind as it was released a few weeks ago and of course I did play it myself.

If you want to play older games, you're okay with 2 gigs but unfortunately the newer ones require better hardware components. Save up or buy what you can; at least its something already. If that PC covers your needs you dont need anything better. You can also use canurunit or any similar website to check if any of your favourite games are possible to run on the hardware you're planning to set up, before you actually go for it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Honestly haven't try FC5 yet, but I checked the specs and this is on the ubisoft blog:

Код:
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.1 GHz or AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5 GHz or equivalent
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 or AMD R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
SYSTEM RAM: 8GB
Resolution: 720p
Video Preset: Low
Source
My comment is from experience. I tried Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 with maxed out settings on my new rig, which has the following specs:
CPU: Intel i7 8700K
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
(the rest is kinda irrelevant).

Far Cry 5 performs way better than Far Cry 3 and 4.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
My comment is from experience. I tried Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 with maxed out settings on my new rig, which has the following specs:
CPU: Intel i7 8700K
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
(the rest is kinda irrelevant).

Far Cry 5 performs way better than Far Cry 3 and 4.
But is that because FC5 is better optimized for your 1060, with a new architecture, drivers etc? Or is it because the game is better optimized in general? If it's the latter, then that would be beneficial for the performance on older hardware

I think the game is better optimized in general. They took physics down a notch since Primal and they kept the formula here.
Primal ran better than 3 and 4 on my old rig which had an i3 3.2 GHz and a GTX 560 TI.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
But you need a PC that can actually run that game before you can stream it to the 2nd PC. So that doesn't really solves OP's problem.
Nothing I said regarding streaming was towards the OPs problem, I addressed that earlier on if you'd actually looked at the thread...

You could easily share a PC in some sense if you think about it with streaming, and work on saving up some for higher spec parts, and/or a second build.

Whatever you do on your PC, you'll have more to add/change over time anyway, and if you do it right in the start, then it all falls into place later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozm8ey
Посмотреть сообщение
If you're on a budget get an amd cpu. Get one of the new amd ryzen series they're pretty good
Intel's 8th gen is better for gaming than AMD's Ryzen.
Ryzen were made for professional work. That's where it thrives.

Let's start off with minimum requirements, most of the time the minimum requirements which are given out by the game developers rarely aims for even a 30 FPS. They will sometime give you some requirements that can run the game in < (less than) 30 FPS and won't mention it.

Whereas sometimes, some developers will give you minimum requirements for 30 or 60 FPS with lowest settings possible. So for example, take a look at this new battle-royale game called 'Radical Heights' - http://store.steampowered.com/app/80...dical_Heights/ - The developers clearly mentioned that the game can be ran at 1080p at lowest settings without any FPS rates, this possibly could mean that if you crank your settings down to 720p, you might get more FPS but there are no guarantees.

So don't build your rigs to what the developers mention in their minimum requirements!

The latest Ryzen APUs are good enough for gaming (to some extent - PS I've not tested anything It's just my knowledge from reading about tech 24/7), if you have lots of RAM since iGPUs or integrated graphic processors gain advantage over more system memory.
So for example, I've...

When I had 4gigs of memory I was able to run Fortnite with all settings on Low and Draw distance thing to Medium with 30-ish FPS. So I'm going to wait and save money to buy better RAMs and a GT1030 (since I think GTX1050 will bottleneck because of my CPU).

If you're on a budget, save more and purchase something better.

Do not spend too much on processor, games require a lot of video card and memory.

Few games require a lot of processor, like CS:GO, League of Legends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaioTJF
Посмотреть сообщение
Do not spend too much on processor, games require a lot of video card and memory.

Few games require a lot of processor, like CS:GO, League of Legends...
Have you tried more modern games? Most games now is coded in 64bit and require more CPU and RAM, if you have DDR3 build it is now recommended to have minimum RAM MHz at 1600GHz and higher.
CS:GO isn't CPU demanding at all. Source engine is generally poorly optimized for quad cores and octa cores CPUs.

Most games won't even use all your cores. What your main aim should be buying the fastest memory, GPU and storage drives! Remember that games are now requiring more processing power and you need a fast enough processor that can handle your graphics card so you don't suffer from bottlenecking. CS GO don't even require much GPU or processor power and generally all Source engine games are poorly optimised same as the new CS GO maps.

Reddit PCMR has answer to all your questions!

First off go with something small. The one you have is more than enough to run games that were released till 2017 at a decent frame rate and of with reasonable graphics. Until last week, my build was a core2quad 3.1ghz, 8gb ddr2 ram, nvidia Gtx 750ti and I shit you not, it ran games smoothly that were released until the mid of 2017 at an average fps from 40-70 with graphical settings ranging from medium to high.

What I mean to say is; go for something small, you can always upgrade the components gradually and slowly. That's what I did. Directly going for high end rigs is pointless unless you have a lot in your pocket.