A Good Budget Build?

Since this forums has been the oldest and the most frequently visited forums by me, I couldn't think of another place to take this matter to.
I am on an extremely tight budget, I've got about $170 so I contact a shop and I ask them for a custom build, and they come out with the following for $220, and by selling my old crappy Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz 4GB DDR2 Ram, and a Quadro 600 (1GB) I got $50 out of that. so it comes back down into my budget :
(keep in mind that in my country, gaming pcs are already very expensive)
  • Core i5 3470 (3rd Gen) 3.2 Ghz
  • 8 GBs DDR3 Ram
  • GTX 650 2gb GDDR5
  • 500GB Hard Drive
  • 425W Supply
  • Standard Casing.
So is it worth it?
Edit- My Conclusion : After alot of consideration I've talked to my brother and we've decided its just better to keep my current pc for normal low-resource requiring applications and buy a ps4 for gaming.

In my opinion, no. I don't spend that much cash just for gaming. You can buy something better with that money and eventually something could go wrong with your computer(broken stuff, etc.) and that would take more money to fix.

If you are really in a thight budget,I suggest you to not buy a pc,buy something more useful instead.
Think about maintenance cost,electricity bill and other stuff before you buy it.

I never bought a pc gaming myself.

Well, I think I've misled you guys a little bit, the money I have stated above, is something I can easily spend, its just not more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd love to know what you think is more useful than a PC - the thing that can do basically everything...
He probably meant an expensive PC. Cheap computers with at least 2 gb ram can do the same things expensive PCs can (except for running games with ultra graphics, etc)
And it's just not worth buying an expensive PC if you're on a low budget.

High end computers are not just for gaming in "ultra high graphics", it's also useful in other stuff, video editing/rendering, modelling, faster building time for big projects and the list goes on.

OT: Yes.

Go for i3 8100, its prize almost the same as the processor you have chosen, at least online. Although motherboard may be a bit costlier.
Going for i3 7th/8th gen is better imo since it gives you better upgrade options down the road.

You'all are gamer, just because you can buy games, good PC. but not meh, I run SA-MP on an old crappy PC, with 2 GB ram, SA-MP is my game-life, cause I can play SA-MP only. by the way don't buy any gaming pc, use mac instead. I recommend you to use Intel instead of any other gaming graphics.

facepalm facepalm facepalm... it's already clear no need to ask unnecessarily questions when the answer is already clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodyf23
Посмотреть сообщение
Since this forums has been the oldest and the most frequently visited forums by me, I couldn't think of another place to take this matter to.
I am on an extremely tight budget, I've got about $170 so I contact a shop and I ask them for a custom build, and they come out with the following for $220, and by selling my old crappy Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz 4GB DDR2 Ram, and a Quadro 600 (1GB) I got $50 out of that. so it comes back down into my budget :
(keep in mind that in my country, gaming pcs are already very expensive)
  • Core i5 3470 (3rd Gen) 3.2 Ghz
  • 8 GBs DDR3 Ram
  • GTX 650 2gb GDDR5
  • 500GB Hard Drive
  • 425W Supply
  • Standard Casing.
So is it worth it?
Thats pretty good deal for $220 oddly cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunud
Посмотреть сообщение
You can't say that. My cousin playing all possible games including most popular ones on laptop. He bought it for around $300
Yeah just like me.I have the cpu amd e1 6010 and i can play all the popular games with 5 fps max!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilias_
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah just like me.I have the cpu amd e1 6010 and i can play all the popular games with 5 fps max!!!!!
Im not against playing games on a laptop but a PC will still be better and cheaper atleast from what I have available, so I think I've got my answer and Im going to go on with this purchase. Thanks for all your guys' opinions and thanks specially to Helion and iKarim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunud
Посмотреть сообщение
You can't say that. My cousin playing all possible games including most popula ones on laptop. He bought it for around $300
To be able to play games on a laptop it has to be meant for gaming. Gaming laptops are expensive and used ones usually could have problems. A simple laptop that is not meant for gaming might have overheating problems and at the worst case die. With 300 you cannot play Far Cry 5 with 60 FPS nor even at 30.

I'm afraid but with that build you aren't going to enjoy the latest games as that build isn't quite powerful enough. Just collect more cash and hopefully have patience then you might get something better.

No one can exactly tell you what parts to buy, you have to decide on your budget on which part you want to give the most. In my opinion it would be CPU and GPU on a good motherboard if course.

Far cry 5 would "run" on that build, but GTX 650 is a little bit weak if you want to play with high graphics settings. Since its a old Duna engine from FC3 it would work great on medium settings with no antialiasing at 1920x1080.
But i recommend better CPU, GPU and RAM for modern games.

Yea, save up some and buy better gear.

My Nephew is chasing his gaming dreams, and has a budget of 800 AUD, and whilst he's finding some good priced builds, they're not overly powerful.

I told him to keep saving, and in the same time, trying to bolster what he's been given, to get a better PC up.

What I've been messing about with recently, is steams In Home Streaming... I've got a dual core 1.5 ghz Celeron, with 2 gigs of ram, running most games off my main rig.

This also allows you to move around from PC to PC as all you do is go to the next PC, and get the stream open to it.

I'm struggling to get rid of input lag with In Home Streaming, but i like the concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhizors
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm struggling to get rid of input lag with In Home Streaming, but i like the concept.
I used wifi on the machine itself, and ended up having real trouble, then got a wifi repeater, and plugged in the celeron directly.

While I set the client resolution to 720p, while the main machine is in 1080, it comes out real good, and only every so often will it lag out.

It's always good if possible to have the cable connection,. compared to the wifi. Also if your wifi is incredibly unstable, try dropping it down from say 'n' to 'g', or making sure the power management for the wifi/PC itself, is set to always on, as this somehow messes with Wifi onboard machines.

Never had problems with dropping connection.
Desktop is connected with ethernet to a Ubiquiti switch and laptop (older i5-4gen with Intel 802.11ac) to a Ubiquiti AC Pro. Maybe there is wrong with configs or something, since game streaming does have much lower input lag in Moonlight. Moonlight is a open source software based on Nvidia Shield.

It'll be the encoding moonlight uses to make it look good without using the bandwidth up.

It's highly likely that you have 'lag' from your wifi, as that's how it goes... It doesn't disconnect or drop out... You just get hangs in frames, or input lag.

This is where you go into the options for the streaming and set those options, such as resolution, hardware encoding support, and bandwidth allocation.

And as I said about downgrading the wifi, just because you have the best standard, doesn't mean it's working correctly, or that it's even doing what it should in the first place.

Try using a direct cable, then going wifi after when it's all good... I spent a few weeks with the LAN cable coming through the house, simply so I could use it with a proper hard connection, and make sure it worked as it should before going wifi.

About the question you asked, yes, it's definitely worth it for the price mentioned, buy most probably the shop will use old/used parts so you might wanna check on that first. And no, don't even think of going for and i3 instead of i5. 8GB ram will suffice unless you're not using any memory extensive softwares, Tbh I don't feel the need for you to use 16 gb instead since your other PC parts will kinda become bottlenecks...