We must improve the ip detection system

I have a faced a lot of issues by using IPv4 IP detection system. And even most of the people has also faced this problem(especially the server owners)

Actually, it is a decent detection system. But as of now in 2017,2018. ISP's are not assigning IPv4 IPs to single users but they are assigning the same ip for many users who are residing in the same area. So the IPv4 detection are most of the times inaccurate.

P.S - I had kicked many players for having that same ip. But they all were of different places.

Now the ISPs right now assign IPv6 address to single users.

So what I'm proposing is that we should improve and make IPv6 detection, as it can be much more accurate and more reliable

There was a discussion in this forum that they need much more accurate identification of players by acquiring the mac address of players. But many users were saying that mac addresses can be changed easily, and they dont need to ban hackers, coz they can find a new way to come back to the server. But this is the most accurate detection because IPs are always changed by ISPs but the mac address is always static until the user changes it
But then too people says that this can be abusive

If my English is bad, please forgive me

Many ISPs still don't offer IPv6 to customers, not really worth bothering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Many ISPs still don't offer IPv6 to customers, not really worth bothering.
Exactly. I'm not sure if any ISP uses IPv6 here in Croatia.