144Hz and SAMP?

Okay, I started to play SA-MP today with my 144 Hz monitor. I noticed that I get about 90-100 fps in fullscreen mode and windowed mode, but the thing is that it is much more smoother in windowed mode than it is in fullscreen. They are both running at same framrate, but does not look the same. Fullscreen mode tears a lot more, it feels like it is locked at 60 Hz while in fullscreen and in windowed it uses the monitor refresh rate. Anyway to fix this? Even with fpslimit mod it isn't smooth at 144 fps.

Yeah, windowed will always be more smoother, in 60, 120 or 144hz screens. I've noticed that too, don't really think there's a fix for it.

Is there a way to disable LALT windows sound without disabling Windows sound? That ringing sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky
Посмотреть сообщение
Is there a way to disable LALT windows sound without disabling Windows sound? That ringing sound.
There might be, but there aren't any that I know of. You could bind the walking button to something else to disable the sounds.

If I use windowed mode, the mouse sometime appear. How to fix this?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
If I use windowed mode, the mouse sometime appear. How to fix this?
This issue could be related with other background applications, first check out whatever's running alongside SAMP, then you can tell if its coming from samp or rather another app.

When you play SA-MP, FPS is limited somewhere around 90.
There are some patches to bypass this limit, ****** it.

Enable V-Sync in fullscreen mode. Its enabled by windows in windowed mode, but usuallly disabled in fullscreen, thats where the strange appearance comes from.

You mean frame limiter? That caps at 60 in fullscreen mode. With that off it is the same framrate in windowed and full screen mode, but it feels more choppy / laggy in fullscreen even if the FPS is the same in windowed. Windowed mode is smoother. Smoother movements if you know what I mean. The camera movement is less choppy in windowed

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You mean frame limiter? That caps at 60 in fullscreen mode. With that off it is the same framrate in windowed and full screen mode, but it feels more choppy / laggy in fullscreen even if the FPS is the same in windowed. Windowed mode is smoother. Smoother movements if you know what I mean. The camera movement is less choppy in windowed
vsync isnt the same as simply having a frame limiter. Though I realized that SA doesnt have vsync as ingame setting. You could try enabling it for gta_sa.exe in your graphics card panel.

https://github.com/Whitetigerswt/gta...shfix/releases

use this it unlocks your FPS limit.

SOLUTION:
Once you open GTA SA, tab out and change your frequency to 144 Hz. This makes the game run smooth in fullscreen mode, just as it does in windowed. Because when you run SA:MP in fullscreen, Windows will switch back to 60 Hz, so all you have to do is to change back to 144.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
SOLUTION:
Once you open GTA SA, tab out and change your frequency to 144 Hz. This makes the game run smooth in fullscreen mode, just as it does in windowed. Because when you run SA:MP in fullscreen, Windows will switch back to 60 Hz, so all you have to do is to change back to 144.
Are you serious? Change back to 144hz while it is already set to 144 prior to launching the game i tried it and the same shit occurs. Nobody knows the fix for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cugini
Посмотреть сообщение
Are you serious? Change back to 144hz while it is already set to 144 prior to launching the game i tried it and the same shit occurs. Nobody knows the fix for this
There's a few methods you can use to force a higher refresh rate on your game.

1: If you have an nvidia gpu, you can force the refresh rate for gta_sa.exe through the nvidia control panel. I don't remember the specifics so you'd have figure that part out on your own.
2: Some versions of ENB series allow you to force your refresh rate by editing an option in the enbseries.ini file. I have a version with everything disabled except for the refresh rate adjustment - https://tommyb.ovh/files/144_enb.zip
If you want to change the refresh rate value (120hz, 240hz, etc) look for DisplayRefreshRateHz in enbseries.ini and change it to your desired value.
3: noname's SA-MP addon mod adds support for variable refresh rates to the game, but it's pretty bloated with a lot of other fixes and adjustments you may or may not want, so be wary when using it.

I never had problems with FPS so consider this post as useless, but did you also check out the FPS setting for SAMP? The ingame /fpslimit command? (Quite obvious so I am guessing yes. Like I said, consider this post being useless)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
Посмотреть сообщение
There's a few methods you can use to force a higher refresh rate on your game.

1: If you have an nvidia gpu, you can force the refresh rate for gta_sa.exe through the nvidia control panel. I don't remember the specifics so you'd have figure that part out on your own.
2: Some versions of ENB series allow you to force your refresh rate by editing an option in the enbseries.ini file. I have a version with everything disabled except for the refresh rate adjustment - https://tommyb.ovh/files/144_enb.zip
If you want to change the refresh rate value (120hz, 240hz, etc) look for DisplayRefreshRateHz in enbseries.ini and change it to your desired value.
3: noname's SA-MP addon mod adds support for variable refresh rates to the game, but it's pretty bloated with a lot of other fixes and adjustments you may or may not want, so be wary when using it.
Woo it works with this enb, i tried before with the newest enb and it didn't work, but i have 1 problem now, when i exit the game it fucks up my default monitor brigtness how can i fix it? Any values to be changed in enb.ini?

I changed brightness from 1.0 to 0 hope it fixes it