[GameMode] [GM] SA:RP Script - CityWide based gamemode

SA:RP is a new fork of the popular CityWide roleplay. Like CityWide, SA:RP is GPL'ed and free to use and modify within the rules of the license. All of SA:RP's modifiable data is stored in a MySQL database and can be edited either in game via admin commands or via PhpMyAdmin/Query Browser.

SA:RP is a new project, and has only just begun expanding it.

Features since fork from CityWide:
  • MD5 Hashing of passwords
  • Automatic gates for Law Enforcement
  • Revised Admin On Duty system (To be expanded)
  • New Command: /killcar (Respawn car) for factions and admins
  • New Command: /deletecar (Destroy's the car) for admins
  • New Config Option: Admin IP check able to be enabled/disabled
  • General Rewrites for better performance and game play
  • Vehicles respawns rewritten to be based on usage! (15 minutes after last occupant)
  • Numerous bug fixes! (Commands, Vehicle respawns, etc)
To download visit our site: http://elliottdev.co.cc/
To report any bugs, please use our Bug Tracking: http://elliottdev.co.cc/mantis/
If you have any feature requests, or suggestions that can be implemented please also post them on the Bug Tracker.

Код:
C:\Documents and Settings\vador\Desktop\trunk\gamemodes\sarp.pwn(49) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "new"
but there is a ; there :/

Did you download the nightly, stable, or from the svn? Also I think that might be because I made a minor mistake. Try adding a ; to the end of line 46 or 47 (Whichever you have uncommented, 46 is to default). -- It's weird that you're getting the error though, as it hasn't appeared before.

Basically, replace:
Код:
// Change comment to enable
new admincheckip = 0 // Disabled
//new admincheckip = 1 // Enabled
with:
Код:
new admincheckip = 0; // Disabled
//new admincheckip = 1; // Enabled
Tell me if that fixes it, and I'll reissue the stable. Again, very weird that I never noticed that (No compiler errors for me).

Change the thread name, Some people might get the wrong idea 0.o

Changed the topic name, hopefully less confusing. But honestly the old topic name to me seemed fine. Regardless of the fact there is a community named SARP

I prefer to not have the passwords md5 hashed because i can never hash it the same in php as i do in pawn which means you cant have change pass features e.t.c in a UCP

The MD5 hash implemented in the script is a standard md5 hash. It isn't salted. At one point, during testing of adding the md5 hashing, I actually had to edit my password in the players table, which meant I had to create a md5 hash to paste in there. I did this using php. So, I don't really see the issue.

The PHP md5 hashing function works identically to the Pawn hashing function. The results are always the same if the string is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShade
Did you download the nightly, stable, or from the svn? Also I think that might be because I made a minor mistake. Try adding a ; to the end of line 46 or 47 (Whichever you have uncommented, 46 is to default). -- It's weird that you're getting the error though, as it hasn't appeared before.

Basically, replace:
Код:
new admincheckip = 0 // Disabled
//new admincheckip = 1 // Enabled
with:
Код:
new admincheckip = 0; // Disabled
//new admincheckip = 1; // Enabled
Tell me if that fixes it, and I'll reissue the stable. Again, very weird that I never noticed that (No compiler errors for me).
You could use a #define for that insted of a variable

I know, and that was my original implementation. I might re-implement it that way. However, I switched to a variable because I was getting an odd warning. Eventually I'll probably switch back, but it seems trivial.

At any rate, let's not get too much into a back and forth over the small things. Thanks for your interest though.