[Guide] How to gain reputation ?

[How To] Gain Reputation Points

1.1 Q/A

Why do you create this topic? - As most of you can see there are a lot of people on SAMP forums trying to gain some reputation by stealing other people's work creating new topics and claiming the credits or people who are new to the forums and need reputation to advertise their server, everyone who is interested in gaining +rep points may find this helpful.

Why do people need reputation? - The only thing that really requires reputation on SAMP forums is to advertise your server. However, some people may be trying to reach a goal of reputation while for some of them is just a random number under their avatar.

There are other topics showing how to gain reputation why do you created one?- I'm pretty sure there are other topics but I just wanted to share with you my point on how to gain reputation if you ever needed.

Do I receive something for having a lot of reputation?- You earn nothing expect the chance to advertise your own server or maybe the respect and the thanks of some people depending on how you gained your reputation.

Can't I just ask for reputation?- Asking and offering reputation will make it even harder for you to gain it. By doing this, people won't respect you, with other words it's not professional to ask for reputation you have to earn it on your own.

How can I be sure that if I help someone he will rep+ me?- If you are willing to help someone just to get rep+ you can search for such posts like this one

1.2 Scripting Sections

Let's say that you are experienced scripter.
Here are the sections where you can gain +rep for helping people.

Bug Reports Section
Basically, people post here bugs they met during playing the game or launching their server.
Feel free to check out the section and if you see someone who is experiencing a bug that you met before
tell him the solution and in return, he might rep+ you. (not a necessary)

Server Support Section
The place where server owners are posting the troubles they are having.
For example, someone is launching his server but he is getting some kind of error that
he can't deal with on his own and he creates a topic at there, share your experience.

Scripting Help Section
This is the place where people are posting if they are having troubles with
a gamemode,filterscript or any kind of system they are creating and having issues.

Gamemode Scripts Section
The place where developers are realising their work.
Making good gamemode and realising it will surely gain you some rep+
But this ain't a card game, usually creating gamemode from scratch takes years.

Filterscripts Section
The place where scripters are realising their filterscripts,includes etc..
Creating good filterscript with a unique idea will surely bring you rep+'s.
Takes time to be created too depending what you want to make.

1.3 Ways to gain reputation without being a scripter
Don't worry if you aren't being a scripter there are still some other ways to gain reputation.

Everything and nothing - The section where you could get rep+ for making someone laugh, how? Well replying to some post there or making a new one, giving a good laugh to someone might earn you rep+ too

Being a mapper? - Releasing a good map to the Samp Community will surely earn you some rep+.
However, you aren't guaranteed that you'll so make it at your own risk.

Having a map, you won't release? - Even posting pics of your well-made maps can get you rep+.
Most people in this forum will respect you for your work and the time you spent.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Warning: None of the methods above guarantees you %100, that you will gain reputation by using them, I'm trying to give a friendly advice to the newcomers or to whoever needs help. In fact, the reputation is given by other individuals and the ways listed here are very few from all the possibilities.
I hope that some of you reading will find this helpful, enjoy

I bet no one will even think on repping my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konverse
View Post
I bet no one will even think on repping my post
Also add this way to gain reputation! It's very helpful..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkYTheGreat
View Post
Also add this way to gain reputation! It's very helpful..
lmao , being smart is also doing the job

"1.2 Scripting Sections "

For all the newbies around, you don't really get rep from helping people from my point of view. I helped a few people and never got any rep for it. Then I made a thread about the English RP community (which kind of blew up in my face) the thread is since locked. But I think I got somewhat 30 rep from the topic or simply commenting on it? I guess a lot of people agreed with me . So all the "newbies" in need of rep, good luck!
Oh and as the thread reads, don't look desperate, just make genuine posts, people respect that.

Good Guide

Quote:

Beign a mapper?

Being*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
View Post
Being*
Fixed, thanks, hope your life got better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeXxX
View Post
Fixed, thanks, hope your life got better now.
Yw

There are few ways to gain reps without being a scripter nor a mapper like announcing Games giveaways of humblebundle/Steam on Everything and Nothing section

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryM4Life
Посмотреть сообщение
There are few ways to gain reps without being a scripter nor a mapper like announcing Games giveaways of humblebundle/Steam on Everything and Nothing section
He also neglected mentioning asking people in PM for reps and posting on their profile

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
He also neglected mentioning asking people in PM for reps and posting on their profile
your neglected by you're friends and family

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvann
Посмотреть сообщение
your neglected by you're friends and family
You really should've stayed at school.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You really should've stayed at school.
wtf dont call me dum

your MOAR dum

don't work for reputations , just work for yourself please understand what i say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jithu
Посмотреть сообщение
don't work for reputations , just work for yourself please understand what i say

KaryM4Life, reputation is seen when people help others , and they say +rep +rep, and they just give reputation, there's no guide for reputation you have to work for it...