Fantasy Roleplay (What do you guys think?)

What do you guys think about Fantasy Roleplay systems, such as VWH? Personally, I think it's dope cause it gives players reasons to stay, which is to discover these supernaturals or be one of them. Normal RP is just being a criminal, a man of the law, or a normal citizen, but with fantasy roleplay systems implemented, you can be a criminal, law enforcer, a normal citizen, or a supernatural. It destroys the boring roam-around-to-roleplay behaviors.

Plus you get to read marvelous lores and books that recreates your whole knowledge about the supernaturals.

What do you guys think about fantasy roleplay systems?

The idea is awesome but VWH is using rows system which just kills it all for me, one of the reasons I don't play there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeXxX
Посмотреть сообщение
The idea is awesome but VWH is using rows system which just kills it all for me, one of the reasons I don't play there.
rows system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealPeteros
Посмотреть сообщение
rows system?
Yeah, it's like dicing.
For example, you try to hit someone and roll, and the hit etc depends on your Character Sheet, it's complicated and that's why I don't like the server, it kills all the fun.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, it's like dicing.
For example, you try to hit someone and roll, and the hit etc depends on your Character Sheet, it's complicated and that's why I don't like the server, it kills all the fun.
oh, rolls system. I dunno, it helps specify general damages.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, it's like dicing.
it's really simple trust me lol, it's the numbers that make it seem complicated

..the lore however, hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorno
Посмотреть сообщение

..the lore however, hmm
I agree. Like...at least 300 pages for every lore

I like the idea but the feeling of RPG somewhat upsets me.

Especially when servers use the hours people play as the score in game. idk.

EDIT: There's VWH, yeah.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

..the lore however, hmm
It's not complicated, however, people that play there are mostly vets level 20+ and their sheet makes em strong like Bruce Lee, which in my opinion is kinda pay 2 win, if you got what I mean, because if you are new to the server, what chance do you have against someone who is a Level 40 Vampire with maxed Sheet, let me tell you - none.

And the biggest reason for me to dislike it, you do nothing than writing.
You know how for example you start to fight someone on normal RP servers? Well, this isn't possible at there,
everything goes trough CMDS which literally KILLS it, at least for me...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

..the lore however, hmm
I really can't relax on that server, and I play games to have fun and relax.