portforward problem.

i can't seem to portforward on ZyXEL P-660HN-T1A v2

can you teach me how??

It's pretty simple if you know where to look.

https://portforward.com/zyxel/p-660hn-t1a/

cmd->ipconfig-> take the IPV4 address and add it to your port forwarding on your router local website ( 192.168.0.x -> default gateway ) with the port 7777 and you should be fine.

If you are portforwarding to host a server on your own computer i must tell you to think twice before doing again.
Just spend a few $ cmon, it isnt that expensive. Get a decent hosting.

"Example, Application A is expecting to receive packets on port 3030, your FW / computer is blocking port 3030 and thus Application A will never receive any packets. Conversely malicious code can be hidden inside packets and accepting them on arbitrary ports can cause your system to be hacked and infected."

So if you don't even know how to portforward, im pretty sure you don't know how to secure it. DONT please

It doesn't matter if he shouldn't host a game server on his local machine due to lag, as MANY people run TEST SERVERS on their home machines so they can at least get 3-4 people on their server to TEST scripts.

He asked how to portforward, not whether you think it's a good idea or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
It doesn't matter if he shouldn't host a game server on his local machine due to lag, as MANY people run TEST SERVERS on their home machines so they can at least get 3-4 people on their server to TEST scripts.

Im just telling him it isn't smart to host a server that way. Its up to him what he does with that. Still for testing keeping these ports open isn't smart... Why don't buy a 1 dollar server or even a free server? They sure could be hacked but you wouldn't be the bitten dog. Just giving advice.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

and i told him how to portforward,stop being that aggresive and mean .

Running test servers on your own PC are no big deal IMO. Especially if you don't announce it and only the people you're testing with have the IP, fact is you probably trust them since they're helping you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalMethod
Посмотреть сообщение
Running test servers on your own PC are no big deal IMO. Especially if you don't announce it and only the people you're testing with have the IP, fact is you probably trust them since they're helping you out.
what are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiCola23
Посмотреть сообщение
and i told him how to portforward,stop being that aggresive and mean .
Was I referring to you in what you quoted? No...

But you also didn't tell him anything more than how to get their own internal IP, and simply 'said' to portforward... I however posted the instructions on how to ACTUALLY portforward...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
cmd->ipconfig-> take the IPV4 address and add it to your port forwarding on your router local website ( 192.168.0.x -> default gateway ) with the port 7777 and you should be fine.
There's also a slight problem with your blind advice too... "By default the IP address is set to: 192.168.1.1"

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
what are you talking about?
Maybe you should read the thread, considering that this was said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperschellekens
Посмотреть сообщение
Im just telling him it isn't smart to host a server that way. Its up to him what he does with that. Still for testing keeping these ports open isn't smart... Why don't buy a 1 dollar server or even a free server? They sure could be hacked but you wouldn't be the bitten dog. Just giving advice.
And this, is terrible thinking. The fact of opening port 7777, WILL NOT lead you to being 'hacked'. I have these ports open on my network all the time as well as various game server ports.

Stop giving out advice like this. It's bad.