[no.1] Scripting challange [Ferris Wheel] !

HELLO AND WELCOME IN SCRIPTING CHALLANGE NO.1 !

[Ferris Wheel]

Today i challange you scripters to make best and most simple as possible Ferris Wheel system.
Let's work and make the best and easiest Ferris Wheel system together! This is why i started challange series. Why do something alone for a long time, when we can make amazing stuff together. Let's make easy filterscripts
together! Let's share ideas of something cool!

[conditions]

1. Remove original Ferris Wheel and make new one on the place (Los Santos)

2. Let player pay for Ferris Wheel ticket (dialog, checkpoint, ect.) and put him in Ferris cabine. Make him uncontrollable
and having sitting animation.

3. Once player is in cabin, start rotating Ferris Wheel for 30 seconds. After 30 second Ferris Wheel is rotated
by 360 degres and player is forced to leave.

[Useful]

Code:
        RemoveBuildingForPlayer(playerid, 6463, 389.7734, -2028.4688, 19.8047, 0.5);
        RemoveBuildingForPlayer(playerid, 3751, 389.8750, -2035.3828, 29.9531, 50);
        RemoveBuildingForPlayer(playerid, 6298, 389.7734, -2028.4688, 19.8047, 0.5);
        RemoveBuildingForPlayer(playerid, 6461, 389.7734, -2028.5000, 20.1094, 0.5);
        RemoveBuildingForPlayer(playerid, 3752, 389.8750, -2028.5000, 32.2266, 50);
Code:
CreateObject(18878, 390.1633, -2028.6056, 21.9822,   0.0000, 0.0000, 90.0000); //FerrisBASE
WheelObject = CreateObject(18877, 390.1562, -2028.6246, 21.9786, 0.000, 0.000, 90.000);
Code:
 AttachObjectToObject(gondel1, WheelObject, 0.0, 0.0, -11.66, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);//gondel1
 AttachObjectToObject(CabinObj, WheelObject, 0.0, 0.0, 11.66, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
 AttachObjectToObject(CabinObj, WheelObject, -11.66, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
 AttachObjectToObject(CabinObj, WheelObject, 11.66, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);/
 AttachObjectToObject(CabinObj, WheelObject, 9.33, 0.0, -7.0, 0.0 , 0.0, 0.0);
 AttachObjectToObject(CabinObj, WheelObject, -9.33, 0.0, 7.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
 AttachObjectToObject(CabinObj, WheelObject, 9.33, 0.0, 7.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
 AttachObjectToObject(CabinObj, WheelObject, -9.33, 0.0, -7.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
Useful objects: https://dev.prineside.com/en/gtasa_s...arch/?q=ferris

[PROTECT YOUR CODE]

DO NOT SHARE YOUR CODE !
PUT YOUR CREDITS AS SCM UNDER ONPLAYERCONNECT !

Example: SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFF0000FF, "This server is using Ferris Wheel made by NAME");

SHARE ONLY .amx FILES ! NO .pwn !

You can work with animations, camera, dialogs, textdraws ... any new idea is strictly on you !
Let's make that Ferris Wheel EPIC!

LET'S CHALLANGE!

And you want the entire code for your own server? Okay.

You haven't got the point of this. Many people work on filterscripts for other users. They share it and anyone can download it and use the entire code for their own server. This is just and idea on what people can work. There is plenty of Ferris filterscripts but i haven't seen any useful one. This is for scripters who want to make filterscripts and share ideas with others. Together we can make epic Ferris Wheel system if people interested in sharing tips, codes and improve ideas. Thats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuber
View Post
And you want the entire code for your own server? Okay.
You haven't got the point of this. Many people work on filterscripts for other users. They share it and anyone can download it and use the entire code for their own server. This is just and idea on what people can work. There is plenty of Ferris filterscripts but i haven't seen any useful one. This is for scripters who want to make filterscripts and share ideas with others. Together we can make epic Ferris Wheel system if people interested in sharing tips, codes and improve ideas. Thats it.

Pff... you're the worst liar out there.
And aside, who cares about ferris wheels..
If you want a challenge, then go create a rollercoaster. Which is much more fun.

If i wanna free code, i can just share my ferris wheel wich have some bugs and let people repair it. But nobody trust things nowadays ... Well. Fuck challanges. Go and share another 1000 poor filterscripts instead of making good one together. I'am done with people at all.

Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasEvil
View Post
Lock
Busted sounds better.

Quote:
View Post
If i wanna free code, i can just share my ferris wheel wich have some bugs and let people repair it. But nobody trust things nowadays ... Well. Fuck challanges. Go and share another 1000 poor filterscripts instead of making good one together. I'am done with people at all.

Lock
I thought you would continue this for some weeks but you gave up so fast xD.

Quote:
View Post
There is plenty of Ferris filterscripts but i haven't seen any useful one.

PHP Code:
public OnGameModeInit()
{

RemoveOriginalFarrisWheel();
 return 
1;
}
public 
OnPlayerEnterFarrisWheel(playerid)
{

PayTicket(playerid);

PutPlayerInFerrisCabine(playeridfreeid);

MakePlayerNotControllable(playerid);

StartCabin(playeridcurrent30);

RotateFarrisWheel(currrent360);

SetPlayerSitAnimation(playerid);
 return 
1;
}
public 
OnFarrisWheelSpin(playeriddegres)
{
 if(
degres == 360)
 {

ForcePlayerToLeave(playerid);
 }
 return 
1;

I didn't have time to work with dialogs / checkpoints.
P.S : Contact me if you find any bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratello
Посмотреть сообщение
PHP код:
public OnGameModeInit()
{

RemoveOriginalFarrisWheel();
 return 
1;
}
public 
OnPlayerEnterFarrisWheel(playerid)
{

PayTicket(playerid);

PutPlayerInFerrisCabine(playeridfreeid);

MakePlayerNotControllable(playerid);

StartCabin(playeridcurrent30);

RotateFarrisWheel(currrent360);

SetPlayerSitAnimation(playerid);
 return 
1;
}
public 
OnFarrisWheelSpin(playeriddegres)
{
 if(
degres == 360)
 {

ForcePlayerToLeave(playerid);
 }
 return 
1;

I didn't have time to work with dialogs / checkpoints.
P.S : Contact me if you find any bugs.
CONGRATULATION YOU HAVE WON THE COMPETITION !

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I really hope that you're being sarcastic, although i totally think what y_less said is perfect, if you would've released this to kickstart the challenges people would've had more trust in it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Now you'll contact him and make whole script from him by sayings "bugs! bugs! bugs!"

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Took him 1 hour and 3 minutes to close the competition/challenge and declare a win for a script that won't even work.

I personally, think this whole thing is useless, this is what "snippet" thread is made for.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
If i wanna free code, i can just share my ferris wheel wich have some bugs and let people repair it.
So what I said?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
making good one together.
Again, what I said, I just suggested you start it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
But nobody trust things nowadays ...
Your refusal to release the code you claim you have after reasonable suggestions that if you want a competition you should start in only reinforces this lack of trust. You want us to trust you - that's great, we want new trustworthy members, but you have to earn it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I cant stop laugh on your reacts. The post is ironic, so the answer is ironic. HOPE YOU GOT IT.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

BECAUSE YOU GUYS DO NOT TRUST MY CHALLANGE i HAVE EDITED MAIN POST.

Check for section
[PROTECT YOUR CODE]
in the main post!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

IF THIS IS STILL NOT ENOUGH I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER AND I WILL NOT WASTE OF TIME ON THIS ANYMORE SINCE THE REACTIONS ARE NEGATIVE AND NOBODY WANT TO JOIN THIS SCRIPTING CHALLANGE.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Check for section
[PROTECT YOUR CODE]
in the main post!
Just pointing out that your protection suggestion goes against the explicit rules of the forums where all releases must include all source code. However, I'm not a mod so if the topic gets removed don't blame me.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
IF THIS IS STILL NOT ENOUGH I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER
I find that hard to believe, since you've been told several times:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
Посмотреть сообщение
release the first version. In fact, release the first two versions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
Посмотреть сообщение
I just suggested you start it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
Посмотреть сообщение
if you would've released this to kickstart the challenges people would've had more trust in it.
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
NOBODY WANT TO JOIN THIS SCRIPTING CHALLANGE.
Apparently not even you do.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
AND I WILL NOT WASTE OF TIME ON THIS ANYMORE SINCE THE REACTIONS ARE NEGATIVE
I tried to make my reactions neutral, and I'm sorry if they seemed to be attacking you. However, the most negative posts in this topic are yours, and they really aren't helping your case to be trusted. This topic has been going less than one day and you've already given up twice as a result of something less than ultimate glory. A series of challenges could be good, but you aren't going to get it all running with total engagement in one hour. If you want to start a competition you are going to have to work at it and push it yourself. Just making a vague suggestion then assuming it will all happen for you won't work.

Don't give up, don't lash out at people who offer you something other than fawning adoration, and understand that running this is going to be effort on your part. I suspect you won't get any entries besides your own for the first few, until you get this series more firmly established, and you need to accept that now or it will go nowhere, and you won't be able to blame the doubters because you just proved them all right.