Q: Regarding Webhosting

Hi everyone,

I have a VPS where I host my SA-MP server on. I was wondering, is it advisable to host my website and forum on that same VPS too? Or should I get a separate webhost to host those?

You can do it, but you should get a webhost. Example- VPS goes down for whatever reason (DDoS, system crash, upgrades whatever) the webhost is going to go out with it and you're SOL. At least on seperate machines if one goes down the other is still up so people can get some insight on whats going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
You can do it, but you should get a webhost. Example- VPS goes down for whatever reason (DDoS, system crash, upgrades whatever) the webhost is going to go out with it and you're SOL. At least on seperate machines if one goes down the other is still up so people can get some insight on whats going on
^^^^

You can run both of them on your VPS, but it would also depend on your VPS specs, to an extent, for a smooth functioning.

In my opinion, you don't need to have a completely separate webhost for the purpose stated by the above posters. You may choose to update your members on a separate status page (with A record ofc) hosted on any of the free & trusted services like Googl Pages/Blog, Tumblr, etc. You may additionally use FB/Discord/IRC for the same.

I have been thinking the same as the OP. To reduce spam on Server Support, what cheap webhosts you would suggest? Only for an index page and forums.

Tons of webhosts out there, take a look at godaddy for example.

I have a dedicated server with a separate VM for the following services:

- Forum
- Database (main)
- Database (backup)
- SA:MP (main)
- SA:MP (development)

All services can be rebooted independently.

I would suggest ( if you're a small server ) to get a VPS with a minimum of 4 GB ram and a decent amount of CPU cores. ( remote daily backup on a cloud aswell )

I would prefer you to buy a web hosting separetely, in VPS if you got any downtime like DDoS, Maintanence etc the web will be down also to it is prefered to have a web host separely.

Preferable to get a separate webhost, i recommend nfoservers.com, if your box goes offline for whatever reason the forums will go down aswell, so its far better to have a separate webhost