Help me with anti bot-players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
View Post
I don't think you can, before you use OnIncomingConnection you need to know that you can't even get the player's name, i didn't try gpci, but you can try it, do the following FIRST before you use this at OnIncomingConnection, go at OnIncomingConnection and use gpci and save it in a string and use print, if it doesn't return a null string and actually returns the gpci id then yes you can use it, otherwise you will need to stick with OnPlayerConnect.
We just need to get the gpci id, the name isn't necessary, right? But I will try both way and reply to you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuyDang2412
View Post
We just need to get the gpci id, the name isn't necessary, right? But I will try both way and reply to you soon.
Yes you only need the gpci id, name is optional for notifying only. I already know that you can't get the player's name at OnIncomingConnection, so you just have to try getting the gpci id, if it is returning a null (empty) string then you can only do this at OnPlayerConnect, if else then you're good to go.

Last time I faced such situation I had made a variable called LastConnection, and would use it under on player connect (if last connection was more then a second ago then send message otherwise don't send any message like they joined).

Same goes for OnPlayerDisconnect.

Looks like they're using different IPs, so making an IP connection limiter will not help you.
I have some advices and different types of solutions.

1. try to filter player names.
2. Limit a connection and reject some of the connections if your server is under heavy load.

Sad news, I tried all what you guys said but none of them worked (iLearner's and RogueDrifter's ways)! Bots still keep connecting to my server.

That's what he said.

Quote:
View Post
I did something like this and so far 0 false positives and worked against most if not all fake players.

Mine was to avoid the spam not to prevent them from joining.

And again, did you try using YSF?

@OP:
1- send me here the gpci id of the bots that are connecting to your server, use gpci and save it in a string then print it, if it has a special pattern you can stop it from entering
-
2-you can try using the minconnectiontime param in your server cfg it determines the amount of connections the server can accept in a time, if you set it to 1000ms (1 second) it will only accept one connection every second and others will be ignored.

Quote:
View Post
@OP:
1- send me here the gpci id of the bots that are connecting to your server, use gpci and save it in a string then print it, if it has a special pattern you can stop it from entering
-
2-you can try using the minconnectiontime param in your server cfg it determines the amount of connections the server can accept in a time, if you set it to 1000ms (1 second) it will only accept one connection every second and others will be ignored.
I'm at school until this evening so I cannot send you the gpci id, so sorry. But I will try to send you as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
View Post
Mine was to avoid the spam not to prevent them from joining.

And again, did you try using YSF?
I didn't yet. But I have just taken a look at some versions of it and I couldn't find any way to make an anti-bot with it, can you show me please?