English heavy RP servers and their low playerbase

(to revive this old thread)
I'm sure that the problem here is that the real Heavy RP'ers or people interested in Heavy RP are either grown up, have a job so have very little time, or have advanced toward other games. Meanwhile the intrest in heavy RP shrinks with the new generation, for one the new generation plays newer games anyways (this was likely never part of their youth as this game was to us), and two (warning this is a generalization that may not be true) all the kids want now a days is money and cars and a house and whatever they can get their hands on, they don't actually want to ROLEPLAY as in ROLEPLAY they just want some RPG like system. Many RP servers that actually have players now-a-days are like that, just hand players a rediculous amount of money, cars, and a house, that's how they stay.

I think a lot of the time people simply are too controlling. I guess it streams from this whole elite thing with LSRP, but everyone is an expert in everything, everyone wants to tell everyone what to do etc and it just ruins the fun for me anyhow, and causes most people to leave.

Then there's the other side, like me. I don't do anything (besides an ad) to show off the server, I also don't dedicate my whole life to it. We have a somewhat largeish community but few people log in, because nobody wants to play when nobody else is online. However, all it usually takes is a couple of the staff to come on and it usually shoots up to 15.

I don't get why people seem to think that a server needs to be active at all times, that you can only be dedicated to one server etc.

I say be in a couple communities, if one has a lot of people on at one time play there, if another has people on play there. If neither do then talk to people in the server and get a time to login.

Playerbase has indeed deceased, not only at rp servers.
(My server had a player base of 80+ everyday, right now its at 40-50)

I don't even to say something, you know what?

heavy rp servers are joke. like wtf, people are not the same and you cant expect same from everybody. typing shit down all the time is just pathetic, basically servers for powergamers in a sence grammer nazi's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasis
View Post
heavy rp servers are joke. like wtf, people are not the same and you cant expect same from everybody. typing shit down all the time is just pathetic, basically servers for powergamers in a sence grammer nazi's
Hey bud, isn't that everyone's own choice, you may not like Heavy RP servers, but there's people that might.
I mean I can say the same thing about Light "Medium" RP servers where it's just pathetic that you can't even normally talk to a person without such person robbing you without any reason in the middle of a public place, or even shooting you point blank. :/

Each person makes his own choice in what type of community he would like to play and we dont have to judge that.Somehow i agree with you all,the player base deceased and that's because of some community's who went down for no reason.

In my opinion it's just SAMP getting old, the reason I quit playing is just because there's nothing new, it's the same game, nothing changes and it slowly gets boring.
I just don't feel like logging in, I roleplayed a lot, I played on every DM server, I just don't enjoy it anymore.
There's no crazy updates like the last one that was promised to be released but suddenly delayed or whatever the case was, basically there's nothing new to get me back.

Think about it this way, why would I play SAMP when I can play on the newest GTA multiplayer with better graphics, and new experience.