English heavy RP servers and their low playerbase

Why is there so many servers with low playerbase? Even LS-RP that used to have 600 players is with a low 250-350 playerbase at peak times now. Not to talk about RC-RP which gets up to 100 at peak time. BA-RP which is not even open. And then there's these big playerbase servers but they are RPG servers. I literally don't know any server to have a stable, big playerbase with all of the good players at one place + united server owners.

Why do owners choose to create new servers even? Why so much separation when, if united, all the English community can play together on one server and the owners can unite?

Some owners don't want to unite, cuz then it's like, you can't express your own ideas, cuz it's not your own server anymore, it's "ours".

Everyone likes to brand their own thing. Sometimes, some servers might contain content which others might not feel ok with, so they decide to create their own. Lol.

Some people prefers these kind of gamemode, but according to some people I talked especially in RC-RP that the admins are usually the cause of low playerbase due to their toxicity, how they intend to punish players, etc. But I am not saying their admins are that bad since they are just doing their job. Point is, RP is getting old. Some people like I do still find them fun, but there are a lot of new players that are younger and a bit immature or clueless, especially they don't know how the rules of RP applies to their taste like DM and such. I could see so many DM servers. Seriously, Heavy RP rules are so many and strict.

As I quote from Sting. Sometimes people do whatever they like and breach some rules like not RPing and such then goes to DM, PG, MG, etc. and well they might not feel okay with that as well.

Do you honestly think Los Santos Roleplay would give up everything they have to join some other servers, just for the sake of some players? God-damn the suggestions are dumb.

With the risk of saying something someone else already did:
All these servers have different ideas about RP, where it is, how strict. Furthermore you have to count the differences in gamemodes, some players play a server simply because they like the gamemode, and when merging occurs that party of either server might leave. Then we have staff, staff difference in idiology of how to administrate. Factions, whatever, merging is a huge step and almost always leaves players or staff of either server unhappy. There's a lot to merging, it's not just 1+1=2 or 100players+250players=350players. It's simply not that easy.

Oh and to address the new server part... If I join LSRP can I RP in Bone County and have a bone county government, sheriff's dept, fire dept, etc? I think not. And if I have the creative idea of creating a Wild West server or Cold War server do you think that's a match for being in LSRP, I doubt it. You could simply want another server because you dislike LSRP staff. There's numerous reasons you could create another server for instead of just joining the mainstream, why? Because we aren't all mainstream, we aren't all just sheep in a herd. Some people like other things.

I get your point but it's like saying why do we need a Burger King, McDonalds, KFC, Whitecastle, etc. they're all competing to get the most sales with the "same" product, fastfood. And why do I go to BK instead of Mc because I like the long chicken menu with twister fries, they don't have that at any of the others, I like the buckets of KFC same story there, if you catch my drift 😅

(I chose LSRP because it was mentioned in this thread, it's interchangable for any other current mainstream server)

That's not only what happened with RP servers but if you take a look at other popular types of gamemodes, they have about 2x less players than they had at 2017.

Here's my theory:

GTA SA was first released in 2004 (14 years ago)

The average person joins SA-MP at 13-14 years old. This means that when GTA SA was first released, they weren't even born yet.

A lot of us had GTA SA installed and wanted more out of it, and that's how we discover SA-MP. The majority of people probably buying this game now are doing it for nostalgia. As people leave, there just aren't people to replace them.

Back in 2010 ish, where I feel that SA-MP was at it's peak for a few years, GTA SA was still relevant, (as GTA 5 is now). With the release of GTA 4 a lot of us couldn't afford the game, or couldn't run it, and wanted to experience the new multiplayer feature. Hence SA-MP.

As time goes on, more people can run better games (And there are other mods/games that have full on RP), they tend to lean towards those games instead. A lot of 3rd world countries dominate SA-MP because they still aren't able to run games like GTA 4 and such.

There's not much to be done about it really, nature is running it's course. Everything hits a peak and starts to slowly decline.

People move on, there's a life outside check it out (sometimes when you're free). they got busy with work and stuff to-do, so they stop playing. left and forgot about everything what they started. sad but there's nothing to do about it.

I think the fact of giving godlike power to people in RP environment is just wrong.
It breaks the RP. Normally those admins declare PG everything that doesn't fall into the exact RP that this server wants...
There is no new story possible, they will think of 1 possible outcome for every story and if you deviate, it's "not realistic"
I'm for a server where player can just play, and admins just don't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt-2
View Post
I think the fact of giving godlike power to people in RP environment is just wrong.
It breaks the RP. Normally those admins declare PG everything that doesn't fall into the exact RP that this server wants...
There is no new story possible, they will think of 1 possible outcome for every story and if you deviate, it's "not realistic"
I'm for a server where player can just play, and admins just don't exist.
At the risk of going slightly off topic and being slightly offensive... You sound to me like one of those people that will argue that it makes total sense to kidnap someone you just had a traffic collision with to harvest their organs, or a person who thinks killing someone simply because they didn't want to be your girl-/boy-friend, or cutting off peoples toes because you don't like the way they looked at you.

Sorry if you're not... okay, but a lot of people always complain that "Oh I can't do my RP freely" there's a lot of freedom, just sometimes you gotta be slightly realistic. In general not everyone is a terrorist or total lunatic. Not everyone grew up as the biggest gangster in town having their parents shot by the time they were 11 and grew up with their gang banger brother, or a boy who enlisted to become a Tier-1 operator in the special forces, delta forces, navy seals whatever. There's a lot of freedom, just not when you go to the unrealistic or uncommon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl-videomaster
View Post
At the risk of going slightly off topic and being slightly offensive... You sound to me like one of those people that will argue that it makes total sense to kidnap someone you just had a traffic collision with to harvest their organs, or a person who thinks killing someone simply because they didn't want to be your girl-/boy-friend, or cutting off peoples toes because you don't like the way they looked at you.

Sorry if you're not... okay, but a lot of people always complain that "Oh I can't do my RP freely" there's a lot of freedom, just sometimes you gotta be slightly realistic. In general not everyone is a terrorist or total lunatic. Not everyone grew up as the biggest gangster in town having their parents shot by the time they were 11 and grew up with their gang banger brother, or a boy who enlisted to become a Tier-1 operator in the special forces, delta forces, navy seals whatever. There's a lot of freedom, just not when you go to the unrealistic or uncommon.
I gotta agree with this guy here, saying you want a server that admins doesn't exist, are you dense? Admins are needed on a RP server period, furthermore, give examples of where a admin says it's powergame. prove me wrong. so I agree with Wilson

I honestly can't see why RCRP is low on players, they have the best staff, and the community overall is super awesome, and respectful and they don't seem to show evidence of dying anytime soon.

Most of them are starting by now, its not easy to start from 0.

That feeling when english community screamed, "THE RUSSIAN SERVER'S USING OF THE FAKE ONLINE !!! 1". Bots removed - online the same. Can you really use fake online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyHolden
View Post
That feeling when english community screamed, "THE RUSSIAN SERVER'S USING OF THE FAKE ONLINE !!! 1". Bots removed - online the same. Can you really use fake online?
Off topic much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl-videomaster
View Post
Off topic much?
avhahaha. I just said because of what fell online for full RP projects from the English segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
If you knew the full history of the server, I think you'd agree it's better to shut it down. There were immature things that happened inside the administration that nobody will ever forget, and it's better to bury the remains. I could say similar things about ls-rp and vG.
#EnglishRPserver'sClosed

I honestly believe it has something to do with people who get banned from the popular servers and then think they can run a duplicate server. I feel kind of bad for these people because they waste their money on expensive forum software like vBulletin and IPB and waste money on hosting and the hosted tab. These servers are ran the same, have the same roleplay, and really have nothing else to offer.

When I check out a new english server, I always check the forums to see how proper their english is and to make sure they are not using a LLC in their name, because granted it may make them look cool to 14 year olds who think they are a legit company, but to us in our 20's or 30's it makes them look stupid. Almost every new server that I have checked out that calls itself english have either shown me they are not capable of running a server by how they present themselves on their forums or in discord, or by how much they suddenly get bored of "trying" and go file an unban appeal with whatever server they came from.

I really believe the only reason Bay Area Roleplay, and no offense to Rehasher, they all do great work, no shade. I believe the only reason that this server is getting so much traction is because of only Damian or Mr. LSRP, people who remember him get some kind of nostalgia of some golden days I think it is and they wanted to feel it again. If it weren't for Damian, I am sure Bay Area Roleplay would be no where on the map of popularity, again, no offense to Rehasher.

There's a lot of of heavy roleplay servers with owners who don't take the time to actually run their server and improve on it. Leading to them having only 0 players after a few days and eventually closing. Hopefully there's an increase in low roleplay servers, as all the heavy roleplay servers I've been on are boring and have nothing new to offer.