GTA SA Pause Issue (Win 10)

This issue's suddenly cropped up and I'm not too sure what to do where if I try to pause (not alt-tab), screen goes black and I need to force close the game. I've tried looking up a solution with no real luck and I've tried SAMP Addon but I want to be able to pause properly rather than the server thinking I'm not paused so if any has a potential solution, I'm all ears.

Ok, so you've tried the SAMP addon, more if you game start to crash you need it, but many times works with renaming .exe folder.

Do you got the STEAM version or CD version? Run on windows 10?

Anyways, either if you're on AMD or nVidia GPU try to set off GPU scaling, could fix the issue, at least for some of my buddies it did.

Have you tested the ALT+TAB fix? Could work.

1. Either download the d3d9 .dll file (got a link if you want it), And place it into your GTA San Andreas root folder.

2. Try to change your resolution from ESC menu, go down a level and see now.

3. Rename your gta_sa.exe folder to whatever and put administrator in compability to both sa-mp and gta_sa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGURHS1iAoU

Cheers

That's a good reason to use win 7. 10 is full of bugs plus frame rate drops from things such as xbox game crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralis
View Post
That's a good reason to use win 7. 10 is full of bugs plus frame rate drops from things such as xbox game crap.
I use 10 and I have zero issues with it.

It works flawlessly on Windows 10 of you don't make changes to compatibility. Set both applications however to run as administrator, this is because SAMP needs admin access to run GTA SA with admin access. This means an annoying box asking if you mind SAMP running as admin every time but it does solve all the issues without altering game files or installing anything new. For me atleast anyway.

Yea, don't use compatibility settings, except for the Administrator elevation. If anything isn't working without them, then you need to fix your machine.

What does do this though, is recording software such as GeForce Experience, or Fraps recording whilst tabbing.

Experience has the backlog recording, which causes trouble as it's always recording. Set it to manual, and no history if you are using that.

I'm able to alt-tab just fine, it's just when I hit esc the screen goes black, so I can't adjust any options from the pause menu. I've tried a few of the options here but sadly nothing's changed.

Have you tried reinstalling, and clearing the settings?

Have you got anything such as directx dlls in the game folder (Which, they should be removed)

And a REALLY good set of questions to actually answer is the second post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
View Post
I've tried SAMP Addon but I want to be able to pause properly rather than the server thinking I'm not paused
Already fixed

Do you have an enb or any other graphic enhancer installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
Посмотреть сообщение
This issue's suddenly cropped up and I'm not too sure what to do where if I try to pause (not alt-tab), screen goes black and I need to force close the game. I've tried looking up a solution with no real luck and I've tried SAMP Addon but I want to be able to pause properly rather than the server thinking I'm not paused so if any has a potential solution, I'm all ears.
It happens to me only if I am using the gta_sa.exe US 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ][Noname][
View Post
Already fixed
I'm using 0.3.DL, if you have a version for that where pausing is vanilla, I'll use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm using 0.3.DL, if you have a version for that where pausing is vanilla, I'll use it.
All from Addon work on every version except of samp.asi for 0.3.7