What Programming did for you ?

Okay You Learned Scripting SAMP fine, Then > ?
Someone told me that it makes him love programming and learning another programming language and i'm with him..
AND Is It easy to learn programming ? <SAMP>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamakurdi
View Post
AND Is It easy to learn programming ?
Depends on the language and for what.

There are high level languages which are easy to learn and there are low that aren't so easy to learn.
There is Assembly and there is Pawn.

You could easily learn Pawn compared to lets say, C or Java.

But you might not need to learn all these languages out there if all you wish is to program something specifically and work with it for the rest of your life.

Some like programming SAMP servers, some like webs, some softwares and some mobile applications.

Programming drive you crazy!

It introduces to all the new kind of drugs which help you program.

When I started 'coding' as such, I had a computer teacher who seen that we were spending the lunchtimes playing games. He suggested to us that we should maybe make our own and got us into Quick Basic. (This is way back in the early 90s.)

Even though we never did 'games' as such, my mate made a login screen, which when he was leaving he'd leave it in his login, with the false screen up, so when people logged in, it'd write the user/password to a textfile, then say incorrect login, and would logout and put them back to the real login screen. That guy ended up banned from the lab once he had half the teachers logins.

From there when I hit what the US would call college, I had a class that needed me to learn a basic amount of C++.

From there, it was near 5-8 years before I came across SA-MP, and ended up remembering a lot about the structure and flow that we got taught in those classes.

Now, what it's taught me is that code isn't too hard to read as long as it's neat, a program will only do what it's programmed to do, and anything varying from that is usually human error, either in the code, or the input.

Along with logical flow, and trying to be efficient being a good thing to instill in your code, and to suggest to others.

It opened the way towards my career, yes I chose IT as my university and high school subject because of SA-MP.

And well yeah I've learned a few languages along the way: c, c#, java, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, php and SQL.

To be honest, I started as a white hat hacker, I am a security consultant at the age of 16, I am also a military volunteer and I hope to work for the Romanian Inteligence Agency as an Anti-Terrorism Officer, but despite all of that, I am I think the best in my town at programming and at cyber-security, and SA-MP helped me a lot, in my free-time I code my server and that helps me with my contracts also cuz it developed my thinking a lot, so yeah, SA-MP is a really good start, especially if you have friends to go with.

Programming got me a scholarship and a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edyun
View Post
To be honest, I started as a white hat hacker, I am a security consultant at the age of 16, I am also a military volunteer and I hope to work for the Romanian Inteligence Agency as an Anti-Terrorism Officer, but despite all of that, I am I think the best in my town at programming and at cyber-security, and SA-MP helped me a lot, in my free-time I code my server and that helps me with my contracts also cuz it developed my thinking a lot, so yeah, SA-MP is a really good start, especially if you have friends to go with.
Let's not exaggerate?

@OP, Once you learn one language you find it's limitations and push on to the next one. It doesn't matter where you start, you'll start here for example and make a great server but your players want saving so you choose MySQL. You think well I have MySQL lets make a website and learn HTML, PHP, Java etc. You then have your website for your server but your getting tired of working on the same project so you decide you want to make something outside SAMP so you learn C# or C++ and try to make your first windows program... and you push on and on and learn more. Your starting point isn't important it's your interest in creating something that requires you put your head down and load the basics of programming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix
View Post
It introduces to all the new kind of drugs which help you program.
THIS!

Depression, headaches & a short temper

Just learn!

Whatever you want, software or web. You can learn it allif you want, by it isdifficult. You must know that isn't easy to learn something. With 14 years I can say, that i know basics (or more) of HTML, js, CSS, Visual Basic, PAWN, SQL, PHP... That what I learned and want to learn more.

So don't give up