How to make a fair verdict?

Hello there,

When administrating my server, I often run into potentional cheaters and sometimes its hard to make a verdict whether or not they're really cheating. Lately we've had a large amount of players c-bugging in deathmatches, and although we do not forbid c-bug overall, using scripts/cheats to cbug is not allowed.

Since SA-MP has very limited ways of automatically detecting cheats, it has to be done manually, and more often than not its challenging to tell if the cbug is legit or not. Here's one such case:

So my question is, how do you judge a case such as this? How can you really tell if the player is actually that good, or is using scripts? How do you make a fair verdict? A lot of you might say don't ban unless it's super obvious, but then we're just letting cheaters run around freely.

I wonder if anyone else had ran into similar issue when administrating, and how did you deal with it?

Personally, I believe this person is using a script, it seems far too fast for C-Bugging, but then again I've seen people doing fast C-Bugs on *******, I've never been able to do it myself.

I'll definitely assume they're using cheats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanny
View Post
Personally, I believe this person is using a script, it seems far too fast for C-Bugging, but then again I've seen people doing fast C-Bugs on *******, I've never been able to do it myself.

Same i faced many players doing the same C-Bugs in alot servers (DMs) mostly and they call themselves professional but i believe it's auto-cbug cleo mod behind all this "professionalism". I used this cleo mod too in a server and it lead me to Permanent Ban years ago xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanny
View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaсa
View Post
Same i faced many players doing the same C-Bugs in alot servers (DMs) mostly and they call themselves professional but i believe it's auto-cbug cleo mod behind all this "professionalism". I used this cleo mod too in a server and it lead me to Permanent Ban years ago xD.
Recently we've had a large wave of Russian players who are all cbugging in DMs, the funny thing is that all of their cbugs look exactly the same.

Is cbugging just a thing for russian players that most of them do? Or are they all using the same script? And even if most of them are cheating, what if there are a few legit ones? I'd rather not ban innocent players..

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
View Post
Recently we've had a large wave of Russian players who are all cbugging in DMs, the funny thing is that all of their cbugs look exactly the same.

Is cbugging just a thing for russian players that most of them do? Or are they all using the same script? And even if most of them are cheating, what if there are a few legit ones? I'd rather not ban innocent players..
I can relate to what you're going to. Its difficult to make a fair verdict to be honest.

honestly i let myself off by putting an anti c-bug that warns 3 times (freezes for 2 secs) and kicks afterwards, you're really putting heavy load upon ur shoulders, why allow cbug in the first place, why let people exploit such things that's like letting them spray with the slidebug as well. All of those (in my honest opinion) should be countered and stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
View Post
honestly i let myself off by putting an anti c-bug that warns 3 times (freezes for 2 secs) and kicks afterwards, you're really putting heavy load upon ur shoulders, why allow cbug in the first place, why let people exploit such things that's like letting them spray with the slidebug as well. All of those (in my honest opinion) should be countered and stopped.
We're trying to keep our server as unrestrictive as possible, letting players spawn anything, create anything etc, essentaly letting them do anything that's possible within SA. We've made sure not to limit players with stupid rules or minigame-specific rules.

Haven't had any issues until recently. We allowed cbug because with enough skill and practice, anyone could do it, so it's not like certain players were at a disadvantage. And if players really wanted to play without cbuggers, they could always set up their own DM in a private world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
View Post
We're trying to keep our server as unrestrictive as possible, letting players spawn anything, create anything etc, essentaly letting them do anything that's possible within SA. We've made sure not to limit players with stupid rules or minigame-specific rules.

Haven't had any issues until recently. We allowed cbug because with enough skill and practice, anyone could do it, so it's not like certain players were at a disadvantage. And if players really wanted to play without cbuggers, they could always set up their own DM in a private world.
Rules are never stupid unless if they're irrelevant or in contrary to logic although they'd differ on servers depending on the owner's thoughts, you see it as limitations, i see it as fair play, if i was a player going on a new server and someone did c-bug and killed me in seconds without me knowing how to cbug i'll leave same for all exploitable sa bugs, but then again its your server, your call but detecting whether a cbug was by a cheat or by hand will never be possible due to the skills differing between people and ping delays. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
View Post
Rules are never stupid unless if they're irrelevant or in contrary to logic although they'd differ on servers depending on the owner's thoughts, you see it as limitations, i see it as fair play, if i was a player going on a new server and someone did c-bug and killed me in seconds without me knowing how to cbug i'll leave same for all exploitable sa bugs, but then again its your server, your call but detecting whether a cbug was by a cheat or by hand will never be possible due to the skills differing between people and ping delays. Good luck.
I mean it makes sense to forbid such things in roleplay servers and whatnot, but not in a server like ours. If we were to forbid cbug in minigames, we would also have to forbid other similar glitches, such as c-sliding or g-bug. Not only forbidding them is stupid in my opinion, but enforcing them is too. But then again as you said, to each their own.

That guy is not legit, he's definitely using some kind of cheats.

Some people prefers to DM unlike other players(with this I mean there re some really skilled players)... For me it's legit, its cbug isnt fast as a script may be and he changes his desert before running out of ammo(maybe he shoots 4/5 shots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whillyrez
View Post
Some people prefers to DM unlike other players(with this I mean there re some really skilled players)... For me it's legit, its cbug isnt fast as a script may be and he changes his desert before running out of ammo(maybe he shoots 4/5 shots)
Real pro duelers usually time their reload shot every 5 - 6 bullets before switching their guns especially to fast cbuggers. Might be since Russians are most notorious for being hackers. No racism intended, but I suppose you guys are well-aware of it too.

It's better to let 10 hackers get away than to ban 1 innocent.

If they have a C-Bug cleo mod, theres a fair chance they have aimbot as well. You can easily detect Aimbot.
It's not the solution but it can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konverse
View Post
Real pro duelers usually time their reload shot every 5 - 6 bullets before switching their guns especially to fast cbuggers. Might be since Russians are most notorious for being hackers. No racism intended, but I suppose you guys are well-aware of it too.
Can't get your point...
Actually the best way to make a fair verdict is to become a pro dmer, in that way u will know whenever someone is hacking. Not easy xd

This post is full of personal judges and not even watching the facts, how can you be sure this guy is using any scripts? you dont even have the proofs, neither photos of his gta folder, stop banning unnocent players just because you think they cheating, if you want a fair verdict, ask him to record, if he can't ask him to send gta folder and look at the modified date. Then ask him if he has any ******* channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallenstein111
View Post
This post is full of personal judges and not even watching the facts, how can you be sure this guy is using any scripts? you dont even have the proofs, neither photos of his gta folder, stop banning unnocent players just because you think they cheating, if you want a fair verdict, ask him to record, if he can't ask him to send gta folder and look at the modified date. Then ask him if he has any ******* channels.
Yeah that doesn't exactly work. Most of these players speak little to no English, and none of them would bother with recording. As for pictures of GTA folders, they can be edited, and not all cheats are in GTA directory, a lot of them are simple .exe files that can be shoved anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whillyrez
View Post
Can't get your point...
Actually the best way to make a fair verdict is to become a pro dmer, in that way u will know whenever someone is hacking. Not easy xd
I'm not making any points on that one because it's already obvious. Either record them using it, ask them to screenshot their GTA SA folder if they're willing enough to do it, or better yet not duel them at some point.

In Romania, some RPG servers are using the Teamviewer verdict, you need to stay logged in In-Game and give them the Teamviewer ID's in-game, and stay connected, if you are suspected of cheats, then they go on Teamviewer and check if that's you by getting into the game and seeing if you are that player , lastly, they are checking your SA:MP Folder for cheats and checking if you are using ****** or other abusive CLEO Mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edyun
View Post
In Romania, some RPG servers are using the Teamviewer verdict, you need to stay logged in In-Game and give them the Teamviewer ID's in-game, and stay connected, if you are suspected of cheats, then they go on Teamviewer and check if that's you by getting into the game and seeing if you are that player , lastly, they are checking your SA:MP Folder for cheats and checking if you are using ****** or other abusive CLEO Mods.
What you said is truly interesting, but how do they check the player's folder? I mean, I don't quite get that part. How are they able to see the SA-MP folder?