Accounts

Hi,

I moved from YINI Saving/Loading to MySQL. So my question for you is, how do i move created accounts from YINI to MySQL ?

Thanks.

You could make a migration script...

One that simply loads the inis one by one and then saves each user back to the database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
You could make a migration script...

One that simply loads the inis one by one and then saves each user back to the database.
Migration script, is that the only way, and how to do that ? Uhm

It's a simple way if you can think about it... All it'll be is a filterscript or a gamemode, that simply loads up the accounts, and saves them all to the new database.

You could use many ways to get the data 'out' of the y_ini, and make them into a sql file ready for import, but I'm sure that a script made to simply load, and save to new db would be the fastest if you get the script lined up.

Just make sure you back everything up before you start messing about. When testing things like this, you should use a non-live server first so you can verify that it works, then a copy of the live server, and see that it does indeed bring the information you want across before having it go nuclear on your Y_ini saved accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
It's a simple way if you can think about it... All it'll be is a filterscript or a gamemode, that simply loads up the accounts, and saves them all to the new database.

You could use many ways to get the data 'out' of the y_ini, and make them into a sql file ready for import, but I'm sure that a script made to simply load, and save to new db would be the fastest if you get the script lined up.

Just make sure you back everything up before you start messing about. When testing things like this, you should use a non-live server first so you can verify that it works, then a copy of the live server, and see that it does indeed bring the information you want across before having it go nuclear on your Y_ini saved accounts.
Thanks a lot. +rep