GTA: UG SA-MP adaption

GTA: Underground SA-MP adaption

As some of you may heard, we are working on a SA-MP adaption for a project which aims to combine the 3d era universe. This means that the VC and LC map are accessable to the player without replacing existing content.

Brief list of current features

Weapons
We don't have any plans for multiplayer-specific weapons, but we do have about 300+ weapons, once again a handful of custom weapons, each uses its own stats (and soon, sound effects) and is mostly done from scratch. The rest are conversions from other 3d era games, once again the weapon stats and sounds have been ported over too.

Pedestrians
UG adds 1300+ additional peds, including all of the VC, III, VCS (which use a ped color feature similar to the vehicle color feature SA uses by default), LCS, Bully, Manhunt I/II, and a bunch of custom peds for custom map areas + a handful of peds specifically designed to be used by server developers, like racing peds, zombie peds, additional emergency service peds, and so on.

Vehicles
As for vehicles, these are re-styled to fit in with the game's original style, meaning they will look like they were actually made by R*. A bunch of them haven't been re-styled yet, but most of them are. This also includes a handful of custom vehicles (including multiplayer-specific vehicles like F1 cars, a handful of emergency service vehicles) and those from their respective games.

Maps
Maps-wise, we currently offer Liberty City, Vice City, Bullworth, Carcer City (the setting of Manhunt, the original game only has small sections of the full city which we are combining into a full city based on a rust belt city like Detroit), Cottonmouth (the setting of Manhunt II, we also plan on combining this into a city and is most likely based on New Orleans and will be located close to VC), and the custom cities Mainland Liberty (an unfinished Chicago parody), Dunsfold (a military base in the middle of the ocean inspired by Pearl Harbour), and much more to come.

A few custom maps specifically made for this SA-MP adaption have been added, this includes the unfinished/leftover GTA: III multiplayer levels, and possibly a bunch of interiors from VCS/LCS.

For more information, please visit the GTAF board.

I personally feel like Kalcor simply does not have the time (and perhaps motivation) to work on this project anymore as updates have become quite rare. The adaption itself currently supports added vehicles, peds, and weapons (to an extent) and we have plans to ship a server-side file archive containing singleplayer data for validation purposes (e.g handling data) but also up-to-date vehicle/weapon/ped info such as the valid IDs, names, and statistics.

So what do you people think? Kalcor already gave us permission to develop the adaption and I'm interested in what the SA-MP playerbase thinks.

I have been waiting for years for this moment this looks pretty awesome

Woah, it will surely attract some peeps out there.

Also, I should mention that the adaption currently supports 0.3.7. We will introduce support for when a new SA-MP release comes out and isn't recieving constant updates.

And finally, the latest public UG release does not offer SA-MP support yet. We will introduce it in the next update (snapshot 3.3).

I'm satisfied, and happy to see that kind of improvement.

Anyway, would there be a public server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkluin
View Post
Also, I should mention that the adaption currently supports 0.3.7. We will introduce support for when a new SA-MP release comes out and isn't recieving constant updates.

And finally, the latest public UG release does not offer SA-MP support yet. We will introduce it in the next update (snapshot 3.3).
If its about custom models, 0.3.7DL is there.

After the last news regarding the SA-MP versions, here you have another one! Personally I don't like installing huge mods but it sounds pretty good, I'm sure there is people interested out there.

Congratulations to the dev. team for such a big project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debjit
View Post
Tell me if 0.3.7DL includes added (NOT replaced) weapons with unique stats / sounds, vehicles with unique hydraulics, 24h timecycles, weather cull zones, water zones, new radar textures, new interiors with enexes, 2D effects added to maps and more.

Quote:
View Post
Definitely not. This is a project which has been going on since 2015 which will soon support SA-MP.

Wait... That's why Kalcor decided to split the new version into two mods, one of them clean with no custom things and another one with custom-based features?
Might your project be the real reason?

Damn, GTA United sounds pretty awesome. I always wanted to be able to fly from, lets say from San Andreas to Vice City. I mean its just the feel of rolling by the beach in the convertible that's so awesome.

Although i do not understand one thing. Is it going to be available for everybody scripting a SA-MP server? In other words what does this adaptation basically means?

Sorry, if the question sounds dumb, just can't wrap my head around this right now.

See the official GTAForums thread for this info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-R
Посмотреть сообщение
Damn, GTA United sounds pretty awesome. I always wanted to be able to fly from, lets say from San Andreas to Vice City. I mean its just the feel of rolling by the beach in the convertible that's so awesome.

Although i do not understand one thing. Is it going to be available for everybody scripting a SA-MP server? In other words what does this adaptation basically means?

Sorry, if the question sounds dumb, just can't wrap my head around this right now.
Yes, however we do plan on introducing a whitelist to prevent empty servers. We might allow local-only servers for the sake of testing. Also, the name of the project is GTA: Underground, not GTA: United. They are two different projects with two different goals (although UG is partially inspired by United)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTaZZ69
Посмотреть сообщение
Wait... That's why Kalcor decided to split the new version into two mods, one of them clean with no custom things and another one with custom-based features?
Might your project be the real reason?
I don't know. We are not working with Kalcor and so you should ask him to clarify his decision instead. Personally I don't think there's a lack of interest for it neither. Or maybe, he meant that if we release our adaption, people will loose interest in said feature as they may be more interested in our work. Who knows.

Wait, are you guys trying to create your own verison of SA:MP, own client launcher, etc. ?

Is SA state on his own place? (I mean coordinates )

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Wait, are you guys trying to create your own verison of SA:MP, own client launcher, etc. ?
We only plan on doing whatever is needed for supporting SA-MP in the first release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Error
Посмотреть сообщение
Is SA state on his own place? (I mean coordinates )
San Andreas has the same coordinates as in the base game. It remains untouched.

Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkluin
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, however we do plan on introducing a whitelist to prevent empty servers. We might allow local-only servers for the sake of testing. Also, the name of the project is GTA: Underground, not GTA: United. They are two different projects with two different goals (although UG is partially inspired by United)

I don't know. We are not working with Kalcor and so you should ask him to clarify his decision instead. Personally I don't think there's a lack of interest for it neither. Or maybe, he meant that if we release our adaption, people will loose interest in said feature as they may be more interested in our work. Who knows.
Oh, I'm sorry for mixing up the names of the projects. Nevertheless, sounds pretty awesome

Do what must be done!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-R
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh, I'm sorry for mixing up the names of the projects. Nevertheless, sounds pretty awesome
No problem. Some of the server scripters may share screenshots of an official roleplaying server working on UG-MP in a bit.