Compatibility 0.3.7 and 0.3.7-DL

I have a important question. Can I play on the server version 0.3.7 on the client 0.3.7-DL? If yes, then everything is wonderful, because you don't have to have clients of different versions and use just one.
I think it's possible. Thanks.

No. Client 0.3.7 only join in 0.3.7 servers, and 0.3.7-DL only 0.3.7-DL servers.

Also, 0.3.7-DL is the last version of 0.3.8 RCs (RC4-1 for server and RC4-4 for client).

The compability is allowed if kalcor release the last release with other name and modified client/server for accept players from both versions.

I would just like to know when the version will be released (0.3.7-R3 and 0.3.7-DL). He did not comment further on. And its better explained operation, if it will be compatible 0.3.7-DL with other versions 0.3.7.

In logic, it seems to me that it will simply rename version 0.3.8 RC to 0.3.7-DL.

I just want to know if this will be the case.

He explicitly said that both versions have different masterlists. This is as much confirmation as you can get in terms of "can I play on non-DL servers" -> "no".

I take the opportunity and ask, maybe someone understand the situation better than me.

If am I right, 0.3.7-DL is just only renamed 0.3.8 with downloading objects, right?

And 0.3.7 will have everything, that is not related to model downloading.

Am I right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball
Посмотреть сообщение
I take the opportunity and ask, maybe someone understand the situation better than me.

If am I right, 0.3.7-DL is just only renamed 0.3.8 with downloading objects, right?

And 0.3.7 will have everything, that is not related to model downloading.

Am I right?
Yes, you're absolutely right.
That's why I think that the implementation of compatibility 0.3.7-DL with 0.3.7 will not be difficult. Just not work with custom objects when connecting to the server 0.3.7. Thanks to this, many players will switch to 0.3.7-DL.
(that is, it was possible and not to cancel 0.3.8, but just keep backward compatibility)

And another question goes will future updates also come for DL version or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, you're absolutely right.
That's why I think that the implementation of compatibility 0.3.7-DL with 0.3.7 will not be difficult. Just not work with custom objects when connecting to the server 0.3.7. Thanks to this, many players will switch to 0.3.7-DL.
(that is, it was possible and not to cancel 0.3.8, but just keep backward compatibility)
I think this is the future:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATomas
Посмотреть сообщение
The clearer the idea is to get the object out of use. Use the virtual world and download the object just before the show it. So when the client connects to the server, no objects will be downloaded. Download them when player put to virtual world.

0.3.7-DL released?

The versions won't be reverse compatible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
Посмотреть сообщение
The versions won't be reverse compatible.
They could be. It's easy to made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATomas
Посмотреть сообщение
They could be. It's easy to made.
But they won't be.