Best outcome for samp 038

Beforehand: sorry for my english...
Despite the fact that official thread was closed (nice), I have some words to say...

Things which happened to samp 038 is the BEST THING ever happened.
Did you ever thought, that in future this "OMG SUPER DOWNLOAD FEATURE" may cause a lot of bugs? a lot of lags?
No! I'm sure that the only thing you are thought about, it's your Super High AAA+ RP Project.
IMHO, just look at samp 0.3.7 internet, there is so many RP servers, that I can't bear, every second server is RP.
Why all of you put blame on Kalcor? Kalcor said right, if you are not satisfied, download SAMP 025 source, and create you own SAMP, wih blackjack and hookers.
Or even more start scripting lua and go to mta, if you are so love "OMG SUPER DOWNLOAD FEATURE".
SAMP 038 cancelled, but it's not means to be the end. You CAN continue doing sa-mp 038 server, the only thing is that samp 038 no longer supported, but you must thing more about your TOP PROJECT.

I don't want you to like or dislike Kalcor's actions, but the fact is that Kalcor's is not guilty, and in my opinion samp 038 from beginning was fated to crash.
Somewhat it's the guilty of servers developers, are you crazy to start making your server on unstable RC?

Thanks for reading. Have a nice day

SA-MP 0.3.8 version cancelled.

The server developers aren't crazy for starting to develop in a Release Candidate, that's what RC stand for. In their minds and even Kalcors it was going to be released and in one argument it has been. The entire reason however for a release candidate is for server owners to develop and prepare for the final full release of 0.3.8, so from the second their players download 0.3.8 they have new features to play with immediately. If there was no prior development players would see no reason to immediately update to the newest version as no one would have programmed anything for it yet.

Your basically saying, server owners are stupid for using a release candidate for its intended purpose.

Uncalled for meaningless and rude post, people have the right to grief over their work, people paid for their work, i myself paid for a server for 0.3.8 that will be hosted for months and the version got cancelled without any heads up, i'm not with the people over-raging anymore and i'm certain that i'm not with the people insulting the developing team, it's their call after all so that's fair enough but you don't have to be a dick about it and tell ppl to go download a leaked samp script lol... and you shouldn't mention a competitive sa mod i think ppl got banned for that, why was 0.3.8 fated to crash? ever since it was out all i saw was positive and good vibes all around you're not making any sense but overall it will be added later on and i understand the pressure that was laid upon Kye over this at least it was delayed and not abandoned, i can work with that. Also +1 to what IceCube said.
@Tween73 why are you exactly spamming this all around?

My question is, why did you already pay for hosting and alike when the version was still in the RC phase and it was stated that it would be for quite some time. RC versions aren't meant to be used for real servers, they are meant to test how the new features affect your script and to be able to implement those features for when the full release comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
View Post
Your basically saying, server owners are stupid for using a release candidate for its intended purpose.
I'm basically want to say that server owners who start create project for 1000 slots, and write a lot of code for their RP projects is now wasted.

I don't understand this people, because samp 038 (as I said) was fated to crash (IMHO it was absolutely predictable).
The thing which annoy me so much is that they start blaming Kalcor... OH GOD!
Have you read main thread? If no u are also can leave this thread.

Kalcor did right decision. It's basically what I want to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
View Post
My question is, why did you already pay for hosting and alike when the version was still in the RC phase and it was stated that it would be for quite some time. RC versions aren't meant to be used for real servers, they are meant to test how the new features affect your script and to be able to implement those features for when the full release comes.
Of course i had to i wanted to test it and see how will the players react to in-game downloading and to the new skins and VC & LC maps made by kalcor and it was going very good actually everyone loved it and wanted to dumb 0.3.7 and move to it i just wanted to wait until it sunk in more and more players updated to it and i wasn't even going to use 0.3.7 anymore, not whining tho what's happened has happened and i don't think there will be second decisions taken so i'll just change that 0.3.8 to 0.3.7 and dump my original 0.3.7 server til the download feature follows up.
@Adian its not wasted it will follow up later and it was not predictable AT ALL that it will crash or get cancelled, point out one negative thing. You're being irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adain
View Post
Beforehand: sorry for my english...
Despite the fact that official thread was closed (nice), I have some words to say...

Things which happened to samp 038 is the BEST THING ever happened.
Did you ever thought, that in future this "OMG SUPER DOWNLOAD FEATURE" may cause a lot of bugs? a lot of lags?
No! I'm sure that the only thing you are thought about, it's your Super High AAA+ RP Project.
IMHO, just look at samp 0.3.7 internet, there is so many RP servers, that I can't bear, every second server is RP.
Why all of you put blame on Kalcor? Kalcor said right, if you are not satisfied, download SAMP 025 source, and create you own SAMP, wih blackjack and hookers.
Or even more start scripting lua and go to mta, if you are so love "OMG SUPER DOWNLOAD FEATURE".
SAMP 038 cancelled, but it's not means to be the end. You CAN continue doing sa-mp 038 server, the only thing is that samp 038 no longer supported, but you must thing more about your TOP PROJECT.

I don't want you to like or dislike Kalcor's actions, but the fact is that Kalcor's is not guilty, and in my opinion samp 038 from beginning was fated to crash.
Somewhat it's the guilty of servers developers, are you crazy to start making your server on unstable RC?

Thanks for reading. Have a nice day

The majority is your opinion of it being a failure from the beginning, I never countered your opinion. Your opinion is yours and it cannot be changed, however you stated that owners of servers are stupid for scripting for a release candidate (highlighted in red), which is what I have responded to.

-IceCube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
View Post
Of course i had to i wanted to test it and see how will the players react to in-game downloading and to the new skins and VC & LC maps made by kalcor and it was going very good actually everyone loved it and wanted to dumb 0.3.7 and move to it i just wanted to wait until it sunk in more and more players updated to it and i wasn't even going to use 0.3.7 anymore, not whining tho what's happened has happened and i don't think there will be second decisions taken so i'll just change that 0.3.8 to 0.3.7 and dump my original 0.3.7 server til the download feature follows up.
What a rude tone, keyboard master, it was predicatble reaction. Download feature was unstable from the first release, a lot of threads talking about problems with that "super feature".
Anyway it was mentioned that download feature may be in future.
If you want you can growning and moaning somewhere else, but you can't continue samp 038.
Yes it's very good that Kalcor shows us this feature, but in my opinion for samp it's too early.
A lot of dissatisfied people like you RogueDrifter left their messages in main thread.

The Blame, IceCube! and RogueDrifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
View Post
The majority is your opinion of it being a failure from the beginning, I never countered your opinion. Your opinion is yours and it cannot be changed, however you stated that owners of servers are stupid for scripting for a release candidate (highlighted in red), which is what I have responded to.
Sorry, I'm a really wrong talking that they are stupid. I mean that samp 038 cancelled, and nobody can redo this, but they start create threads "bring back 038".

Cancelled means cancelled. Again sorry if my words sounds rude, sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adain
View Post
What a rude tone, keyboard master, it was predicatble reaction. Download feature was unstable from the first release, a lot of threads talking about problems with that "super feature".
Anyway it was mentioned that download feature may be in future.
If you want you can growning and moaning somewhere else, but you can't continue samp 038.
Yes it's very good that Kalcor shows us this feature, but in my opinion for samp it's too early.
A lot of dissatisfied people like you RogueDrifter left their messages in main thread.
What the hell is your problem? where's the 'rude tone' in my post? i'm not 'growning' and i'm for sure not 'moaning' lol you need to get your English straight. I already stated that i wasn't bugged by it anymore and i already stated that it will be released later on you're either being a dick for no reason or just trying to kiss ass it was never unstable for me i had over 10 players playing on vice city and liberty city maps and no you cant use the 0.3.8 version the only reason i invested into this was because i thought it'd be official but this further delay made me lose my interest for it for the current time being. And 'its too early' lol that made me have a good laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
View Post
What the hell is your problem? where's the 'rude tone' in my post? i'm not 'growning' and i'm for sure not 'moaning' lol you need to get your English straight. I already stated that i wasn't bugged by it anymore and i already stated that it will be released later on you're either being a dick for no reason or just trying to kiss ass it was never unstable for me i had over 10 players playing on vice city and liberty city maps and no you cant use the 0.3.8 version the only reason i invested into this was because i thought it'd be official but this further delay made me lose my interest for it for the current time being. And 'its too early' lol that made me have a good laugh.
Oh no! I don't see any problem for u to start doing 0.3.7-DL server. So, I think my dialogue with you is comes to the end. Good Luck and wish you success in promoting the server

The Blame, IceCube! and RogueDrifter