SA-MP 0.3.8's manifesto - triggers, consequences and survival methods

I don't think Kye realises the harm this will cause.

Main issue will be to most players, especially those with non-english native language (a largely growing amount of players are not English natives now) will be confused.
They won't understand that 0.3.7 & 0.3.7-DL is different. Causing the user base to be hugely fragmented and confused as to why they can't connect to some servers.

Numbers are universally understood, words and characters are often not. Numbers also require no translation, letters and words often do, and that translation is not as accurate as you would hope.

Kalcor has given us a bullshit reason. Everybody knows that.

I just don't understand why dividing the community is more important then releasing this as 0.3.8. Now we are going to have two different versions at the same time. Just why? I really want to know the real reason, not that popular servers are not interested nonsense.

thx.

You guys need to learn respect.
For what are you abusing Kalcor for? the guy works hard, he might release better samp versions in future. Keep waiting for new releases instead of abusing...

Let's just hope for new version(0.4),I'm sure Kalcor know what he's doing.

I personally took the cancellation as positive and the progress to an up-coming 0.4, just think of it as that.

Well, everyone should understand that modelling needs a lot of practice and it takes months to learn that. People around here posting how to use blender or 3dsmax instead of other programming bugs was not making any sense at all.
I had personally disabled useartwork in my development server just because i didn't want that and i agree with Ride2day's opinion that releasing such a new feature at the last version of a branch is not a wise idea, instead Kalcor can do that with 0.4 or whatever he names it.
and before making memes or arguing with kalcor atleast think that kalcor has made this mod and he would be the person who is caring for it most and he would have surely spent some time thinking about this decision.

What the hell is going on.

I'm drunk.

When I wake up all this weird stuff shall be over.

Too much text for a simple fact, Kalcor is getting old and screwing his own multiplayer mod, but you know what? It was a dying mod, Kalcor made a huge and nice step forward to avoid its death, now it'll continue dying, thank you Kalcor, I'm going to GTA V multiplayer like RageMP instead, tired of this bullshittery.

SA-MP 0.3.8 version cancelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debjit
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, everyone should understand that modelling needs a lot of practice and it takes months to learn that. People around here posting how to use blender or 3dsmax instead of other programming bugs was not making any sense at all.
I had personally disabled useartwork in my development server just because i didn't want that and i agree with Ride2day's opinion that releasing such a new feature at the last version of a branch is not a wise idea, instead Kalcor can do that with 0.4 or whatever he names it.
and before making memes or arguing with kalcor atleast think that kalcor has made this mod and he would be the person who is caring for it most and he would have surely spent some time thinking about this decision.
Just because you have no creativity and choose to stick to what SA-MP has had for like 10 years without any change, that's your own problem. Others have been trying to come up with original content, and this update was the gate-way to that.

And I don't think there would be such a huge uproar about this feature being delayed if Kalcor actually mentioned when 0.4 (or whatever future version where he plans to add downloads officially) will be released. Given how long it took for 0.3.8 to arrive (not that I blame Kalcor for it taking that long), you can see how most people think it will take years again for 0.4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
Посмотреть сообщение
Its just that players will be split between 2 versions, nothing else.
lol, update client to 0.3.7-DL and play without problems on 0.3.7-R2 and DL servers, I think it might be a little problem when peoples start running servers with DL version, but not for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone
Посмотреть сообщение
The sad fact that we need an entire thread to explain this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiMMREAPER
Посмотреть сообщение
You know the IQ around here is substantially low when we need threads like this.
I do this on a daily basis with a very special community within SAMP. Then, I take a glance out the window and see people on these forums having a fit about absolutely nothing.

It's sad, but there's nothing you can do. People just demand too much and whine over anything, have no respect, no patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiMMREAPER
Посмотреть сообщение
You know the IQ around here is substantially low when we need threads like this.
^^^^

Going over the posts once more, I realized how retarded some people are. You are all blaming Kalcor for something he does by his free will and for free. I believe SAMP is not his first priority and that's obvious, but you cannot "threaten" to leave SAMP and move to GTA:V because of "bullshitting" (cancellation and postponing of builds).

Give him a break, threads like this won't help. You have got your own opinion and you are expressing it in your own way. We all know you are the best Lawyers when it comes to your freedom, but sometimes you have to understand other's priorities.

EDIT: Want to make this Kalcor's full-time activity? Make a thread asking whether that's why he is not that active. If the answer is positive, start monthly fundraising to make it his first priority and "full-time job". If you do not like the idea, then I want you to come mow my garden every day and get paid nothing in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everything0
Посмотреть сообщение
It's sad, but there's nothing you can do. People just demand too much and whine over anything, have no respect, no patience.
I take my words back actually, because many people here are young and many lack knowledge.

I do agree with you, don't get me wrong, but I think it comes from a point of view that is less understanding or knowledgeable to judge.

I'd like to comment on the first post about this-so-titled "surprise factor"

imo, this isn't surprising at all.

Of course many would first jump on the truck and rage quit "numbers aren't justifying to put on the main release? what?"
But if you'd take a cup of tea, sit and think, you'd understand that this is actually very reasonable and legitmet.

Yes, I also think 0.3.8 servers are doing great things like the Vice City thingy, but the testing done on this is very little.
If he were to put this on the main release and some randomy would find an exploit in the release, that would effect everyone on the same version, an exploit in the mods as of now, would mean danger to the -DL version only, not to all the servers.

As an example, you can take a look at the cookies feature, it was a fix for one exploit, but then it was very quickly discovered to be very vulnerable and became a problem of itself.

Same goes here.

So to avoid this, we need more testing, the more people test version 0.3.8, the more exploits can be found, the more Kalcor can patch/fix bugs and the less attacks/problems we may encounter.

But because the numbers are very little and people mainly focus on creating mods for 0.3.8 rather than exploring and testing how stable/vulnerable the mods are, we can know only little about the safety of the mods and only mostly know how to create them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone
Посмотреть сообщение
I take my words back actually, because many people here are young and many lack knowledge.

I do agree with you, don't get me wrong, but I think it comes from a point of view that is less understanding or knowledgeable to judge.

I'd like to comment on the first post about this-so-titled "surprise factor"

imo, this isn't surprising at all.

Of course many would first jump on the truck and rage quit "numbers aren't justifying to put on the main release? what?"
But if you'd take a cup of tea, sit and think, you'd understand that this is actually very reasonable and legitmet.

Yes, I also think 0.3.8 servers are doing great things like the Vice City thingy, but the testing done on this is very little.
If he were to put this on the main release and some randomy would find an exploit in the release, that would effect everyone on the same version, an exploit in the mods as of now, would mean danger to the -DL version only, not to all the servers.

As an example, you can take a look at the cookies feature, it was a fix for one exploit, but then it was very quickly discovered to be very vulnerable and became a problem of itself.

Same goes here.

So to avoid this, we need more testing, the more people test version 0.3.8, the more exploits can be found, the more Kalcor can patch/fix bugs and the less attacks/problems we may encounter.

But because the numbers are very little and people mainly focus on creating mods for 0.3.8 rather than exploring and testing how stable/vulnerable the mods are, we can know only little about the safety of the mods and only mostly know how to create them.
This is actually very reasonable and he should've justified the cancellation to do more tests rather than a lack of interest.