I DO NOT WANT 0.3.8 BACK!

Kalkor, do not listen to anyone and do everything as you see fit. Thanks to you, we have an excellent platform for the game, and with a good online, compared to modern, average in popularity online games.

Only add please support for Windows fonts.

translator
rus > eng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcc
View Post
Kalkor, do not listen to anyone and do everything as you see fit. Thanks to you, we have an excellent platform for the game, and with a good online, compared to modern, average in popularity online games.

translator
rus > eng
I'm kind of part of that camp too. Ever since 0.3.8 was announced with custom model loading I felt uneasy. I was never a fan of changing the game the mod is ran on. Only plus side 0.3.8 brought was that we could add skins from cutscenes or beta versions of the game (or alter existing models and fix them).

Other than that, I couldn't care less about the demise of 0.3.8. Only problem I have is that it's still being offered as an optional SA-MP version which will fragment the playerbase it seems. You either go all in or you completely scrap your plans, there shouldn't be a middle way for feature updates.

Who would not like 0.3.8?
Only a lazy server owner who does not want to work in a blender.
Ignore them.
If, due to their own laziness, they come to the players who find another server where the owner is not lazy, it is right.
It is a pity that laziness has prevailed over people who try to make their servers better.

Quote:

I was never a fan of changing the game the mod is ran on

You can choose a server where custom models are not used. Such servers are much said by Kalcor. So why spoil the enthusiasm of the people who work on it. For example, I'm modeling a new map next to the old one and sticking to the rules to fit into the concept of the game.

I think you should all stop posting these kind of threads.

You know what. It was a nice idea after everyone was giving ideas for samp to implement these kind of stuff but i don't think it's a good one. I like the samp the old way that i can put my own skins and that i don't need to download any skins from the servers. I think it was a good idea to give this version "a seperate DL" from the original client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FufLa
View Post
I'm kind of part of that camp too. Ever since 0.3.8 was announced with custom model loading I felt uneasy. I was never a fan of changing the game the mod is ran on.
You know, Kalcor could just had added a filter for it, so people who don't wanna play on servers with custom models can filter those servers out... So for both camps that would be a win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FufLa
View Post
I'm kind of part of that camp too. Ever since 0.3.8 was announced with custom model loading I felt uneasy. I was never a fan of changing the game the mod is ran on.
I understand that a lot of server owners wouldn't use the custom models wisely and there would be plenty of servers forcing you to download thousands of useless objects. But you could avoid those servers and choose to play on servers, that use the custom models reasonably to enhance your gaming experience.

I personally have used 70 objects with the size of 4MB on my servers, each object had its own purpose and was part of some functional feature inspired by GTA. It didn't change it into another game, it just improved the features.

The reason that SA-MP is more popular and better than MTA:SA is that it's user-friendly and you won't have to download hundreds of megabytes when you are trying to enter a server, that's really annoying especially for countries that have slow Internet connection or too expensive to recharge and buy traffic.

We had objects update in every releases, it's really the time to STOP, it's time to fix annoying bugs and crashes related to both GTA:SA and SA-MP, especially desync bug which is extremely annoying and EASY TO FIX (RakNet issue)

Also there are many missing features in SA-MP that can make playing GTA:SA multiplayer experience far better.

After all, there is 0.3.7-DL and also there is MTA:SA, me personally with my Internet connection don't like to download hundreds of megabytes for every server I enter and play so I won't even look at 0.3.7-DL, even if all the people in the world haven't issue of Internet connection and traffic, I won't take time to make models and let the other servers easily use it and it will definitely cause a headache to who will spend time to remove those ripping servers from the server list!

So +1 for Mcc, me neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcc
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, add please.
Not everyone understands English, which creates some problems for server owners. For example, to the player to show Russian text:
  • The player needs to be Russified game.
  • The server must have a plug-in similar to rustext (because the Russifiers differently Russify the game).

Who is Kalkor?

Kalcor no Kalkor, is owner, developer of samp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
View Post
I understand that a lot of server owners wouldn't use the custom models wisely and there would be plenty of servers forcing you to download thousands of useless objects. But you could avoid those servers and choose to play on servers, that use the custom models reasonably to enhance your gaming experience.

I personally have used 70 objects with the size of 4MB on my servers, each object had its own purpose and was part of some functional feature inspired by GTA. It didn't change it into another game, it just improved the features.
The clearer the idea is to get the object out of use. Use the virtual world and download the object just before the show it. So when the client connects to the server, no objects will be downloaded. Download them when player put to virtual world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATomas
View Post
The clearer the idea is to get the object out of use. Use the virtual world and download the object just before the show it. So when the client connects to the server, no objects will be downloaded. Download them when player put to virtual world.
This is actually not a bad idea, because many times we may download objects that we may never encounter during our gameplay, so why wait and download them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATomas
View Post
Good idea, and if someone have object, which are on cars, or in someting other in global word, he can have in VW these objects and set this VW after first connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliassassin123456
Посмотреть сообщение
specially desync bug which is extremely annoying and EASY TO FIX (RakNet issue)
I know how to fix this, but I will not give solution, because Kalcor doesn't care

Samp is too monotonous
he tired not only the players but also the developer
he is too outdated
New objects would make the server unique
when correctly created, their weight is very small
I posted screenshots how I created a whole city that weighs 5 mb.
DL version will not be popular because it is not mandatory....
The merging of the versions will probably take too much time
All games are upgraded and samp should wait for a new life
I've been developing my server for 4 years and I'm sick of everything.
0.3.8 gave me a new incentive to develop something new
I apologize for English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoter
Посмотреть сообщение
Samp is too monotonous
he tired not only the players but also the developer
he is too outdated
New objects would make the server unique
when correctly created, their weight is very small
I posted screenshots how I created a whole city that weighs 5 mb.
DL version will not be popular because it is not mandatory....
The merging of the versions will probably take too much time
All games are upgraded and samp should wait for a new life
I've been developing my server for 4 years and I'm sick of everything.
0.3.8 gave me a new incentive to develop something new
I apologize for English.
I agree with you. SAMP needs a new life, in an update like 0.3.8, but no DLC which will be 0.3.7 DL, the people demand not this. Kalcor, I beg you, come to your senses, don`t make SAMP to die. Please...

I don't see how long i have to wait for another SA-MP update and got disappointed with cancelled version :/.

Quote:

Player skins use ranges: 20000 to 30000 (10000 slots)

Actually i love that skins slot increase more than custom objects, 311 slot skins is too little for now. We on 2018, not in the old days. You can skip that custom object feature is ok but please just keep this feature Kalcor.