Important discussion

So, as we know, Kalcor stopped 0.3.8 Project and renamed it to "0.3.7-DL"...
So probleme here is this:
Alot of servers will use 0.3.7-DL, but alot of them will stay at our best friend (0.3.7)...
example: I play on 0.3.7-DL (LSRP) and 0.3.7 (SKILL ARENA), so whenever i need to enter one of these, i'll need to install SAMP again, again and agaaaaainn...You get me ?
Next problem is HOSTING:
Some hosting wouldn't go to 0.3.7-DL because of secuirty issues, some will stay at 0.3.7, so maybe alot of servers would need to change hosting...You get me alredy...
So type something smart about this down please (( + REP BECAUSE I'M REP EATER :P ))

There's no discussing anything with people who don't understand the topic...

0.3.8 was cancelled, yes...

0.3.7-DL is the downloadable model version.

0.3.7 will receive the other additions that the 0.3.8 RC had, and over time the Model Downloading will be added to the main 0.3.7 branch.

Chill out Chicken Little... The sky is not falling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post

0.3.7 will receive the other additions that the 0.3.8 RC had, and over time the Model Downloading will be added to the main 0.3.7 branch.

That have no sense unless Kalcor is a racist of number 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri1
View Post
Nice one. I have laughet soo hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri1
View Post
Maybe the Chi and the feng shui of the 0.3.8, was not good for this.

Quote:
View Post

It just doesn't make sense.

Why remove it to be added later down the line anyway? SA-MP was already seeing a decline in players and I'm sure this step back won't help it either; unless 0.3.9 development starts immediately.

I do not think you'll be needing to download different SA-MP versions. 0.3.7-DL SHOULD be able to join any 0.3.7 server, but it might not be vice-versa. I think this has been done to test if the download feature needs to be in further SA-MP releases or not.

^^ Something like this.

@Kyle... No... Just no... It makes perfect sense as it has happened before, and it doesn't need to have 0.3.9 immediately started, as the reality is that the features are being brought into the main 0.3.7, so there's no reason to be throwing out 0.3.9 0.4 0.5 0.8 1.0 or anything... The number doesn't mean anything, it is just there so the client and the server know who is using what.

If there is an update, there will be an update... There will be, so that's all that there is.

Quote:
View Post

So making the seperate versions, forcing people to use different server packages/clients, and later putting it all back into 0.3.7 and making it as a one client/server release? Makes no sense at all, when 0.3.8 could of had it all in one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralis
View Post
So making the seperate versions, forcing people to use different server packages/clients, and later putting it all back into 0.3.7 and making it as a one client/server release? Makes no sense at all, when 0.3.8 could of had it all in one.
Obviously that isn't the case, but as stated, it will all be in one before long. It makes perfect sense to people who develop. Those who don't develop, are simply ignoring what's said currently.

Just picture it this way, alright? The '0.3.8' is now 0.3.7-DL... 0.3.7 is getting an update...

So if you want those 'new features' use DL as recommended... If you are wanting the 0.3.7 players, then run 0.3.7.... SIMPLE... SOLVED.

Over time, BOTH of these will merge into the one client. WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT!

This will bring a similar problem to Kalcor feared a while ago about SA-MP's open source. Different versions of SA-MP will end up in a divided community. And it seems that he wants is just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoEXE
Посмотреть сообщение
This will bring a similar problem to Kalcor feared a while ago about SA-MP's open source. Different versions of SA-MP will end up in a divided community. And it seems that he wants is just that.
Yet it's stated that those versions will be amalgamated so your concern is ill-placed.

It's like all those who are running 0.3d, where everyone is running 0.3.7 currently. Don't see anyone making statements about those players that sit back on that version...

One reasonable question that I'd like an answer:

Are you working or have plans for another update for SA-MP unrelated to models?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yet it's stated that those versions will be amalgamated so your concern is ill-placed.

It's like all those who are running 0.3d, where everyone is running 0.3.7 currently. Don't see anyone making statements about those players that sit back on that version...
It is very different when the division of the community is officially being promoted.

Some solutions maybe?

1) Allow the 0.3.7 DL Client to connect to 0.3.7 server's.
2) Have a server config value to enable/disable the DL and have one version.
3) Modify the client so it can have multiple versions of samp installed.

It will all be amalgamated... It won't matter once these updates are done so you're all debating and hypothesizing about nothing...

Just stop freaking out.

@Grimrandomer Indeed. We'll have to see what comes out in the near future, and what avenues the client/server takes in respect of those ideas... All of them though will be redundant when the later version comes out.

@Sew_Sumi Exactly, seems a lot of drama for what is a small change in plan's.

I still think It would be nice if in the future there is one samp client, and you can just 'select' the version(s) of samp you wish to download, then you can hop in and out of the servers you play with no issues.

I keep seeing so many threads about 0.3.8......, The development team has the right to do what ever that is necessary for the safety/protection of SA-MP. The download version will make its way later on, and as for 0.3.8-DL, they would definitely merge 0.3.7/0.3.7-DL or do something similar to that. They won't split the versions..... We just gotta sit back and relax. Surely, they would think this all through.