SA-MP 0.3.8 version cancelled

You should reconsider this, many servers (most) were already in the process of preparing for this version and many, enough to be true, users loved the new introduction to this type of activities in SAMP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelE1234
Посмотреть сообщение
You should reconsider this, many servers (most) were already in the process of preparing for this version and many, enough to be true, users loved the new introduction to this type of activities in SAMP.
This is the scripters error in devoting so much to an RC, and not looking at the following statements...

Release candidates are vulnerable to being pulled. The features are now being added in other versions.

This also happened in 0.2.5, of which the version was integrated into following versions, and are now pretty much all in the current client.

kalcor n co @ headquaters

anyways at least we still got something new, right?

Some of you should consider this as a lesson, in this case your work is not lost, as the assets will be able to be used later, could be used as mods etc. In a lot of cases, devs change everything and you're forced to start over (For example GTA Network to Rage, changed programming languages). Sure, it's fun to play around with things, but you shouldn't take that stuff too serious until you actually see an official release. After all, it was posted in a development forum and not the general SA-MP forum for a reason.

EDIT:
There's a good chance (not saying its going to happen) that they've decided to remove 0.3.8 and make it part of a new version, like 0.4 to include a lot of new features. Guns and vehicles were confirmed at some point, new textdraws, as well as maybe some other things that people were talking about. A lot of people were talking about clientside stuff and CEF, more like MTA which could be in the works.

Just saying, it's easy to just say fuck this fuck that, but stop and think about why it was probably done. Not saying anyone here is wrong, but just the other possibilites.

I am so happy to hear that.
Before a few days when I joined 3.8 I had to wait 15 minutes every time just to join a server then I see it boring and just leave.
That's crap.

Thank ya kalcor.

If I'm understanding it correctly, if we're still going to have access to custom assets but under -DL, why did he decided to label 0.3.8 as cancelled? Couldn't he just pushed another update saying he removed the downloading feature and leave it at that or is that not how RCs work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
I think people need to relax a bit to be honest, the custom assets feature is coming in the future so your work isn't wasted and you can continue to work on this. May as well look forward to the features and fixes coming in the next release.
If Kalcor gave an ETA for the new version then people would be more "relaxed" :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
Посмотреть сообщение
If Kalcor gave an ETA for the new version then people would be more "relaxed" :/
If Kalcor gave a timeframe, and then didn't meet it, the same exact bullshit would happen... There's no relaxing impatient people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
If Kalcor gave a timeframe, and then didn't meet it, the same exact bullshit would happen... There's no relaxing impatient people...
Either way it will rustle people.

Thanks Kalcor.
When i installed 0.3.8 In my server all my friends started saying dont change the version make it 0.3.7 back
so really thanks now they are happy <3

Never make promises you cannot fullfil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimStraightMoveQuick
Посмотреть сообщение
Never make promises you cannot fullfil.
They didn't make a promise.

It was the second most anticipated release since the development of the 0.3c, the images speak for themselves.

Good advance!

im just sad because people dont realise how much time kalcor put into it

it can really destroy a persons motivation to continue coding the mod

I'm putting my words back.

Good luck on the new version Kalcor,I'm expecting to see new awesome update!

This is just plain stupid. So much hype for this, then take it away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
Посмотреть сообщение
im just sad because people dont realise how much time kalcor put into it

it can really destroy a persons motivation to continue coding the mod
Very true, and i'm glad that he didn't abandon it completely, i just hope that the download feature follows up not so far from now.

Well it would seem to me that polishing off a feature like this for general use would be an extensive effort. To me it would seem this move expands the development time frame to actually make this feature acceptable for a main SAMP release.

It also makes sense that this move allows for all the other updates that can and need to be implemented are immediately indeed implemented within a reasonable timeframe.

I don't think a lot a lot of you guys appreciate the effort that it takes to actually have on going development. For the upset server owners think about the amount of work you put in yourselves sometimes there is critical choices that need to be made.

"Creativity is at it's greatest when the limitations of capabilities is at odds with overall achievement"

There is still time to go back.
75% of the servers were already being programmed with new game modes and customizations, existing game modes were being redone.

THERE'S STILL TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKnoxx
Посмотреть сообщение
This is just plain stupid. So much hype for this, then take it away.
He never promised anything, besides it is still coming but taking a bit longer.