SA-MP 0.3.8 version cancelled

So..... There will be no connection to rakNet 0.3.8 interface soon and server devlopers must move all to 0.3.7-DL right? ...
Its a bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
Посмотреть сообщение
EDIT: it was going to be real fun playing with ppl on custom maps, i'm not creating a server to play on custom maps alone or go tell players one by one to download the DL branch.
You'll still be able to do that in the future... Maybe you don't know when, but it's not that much of a wait.

Rather than making out that this is bad, take note that there's work being done, and that obviously other updates are planned.

My server has moved to 0.3.8 and we've seen huge interest from our players. We've jumped to 220 players online and attribute it mainly to the models.
With over 300 new skins loaded and a custom weapons mod in production right now, I can't see my players going back.

Our players have written over 500 forum threads with proposed new skins, we've recruited 2 new team members to work on custom models and texturing.

As much as I all appreciate all the work put into SA-MP, I think this decision is extremely detrimental to the programmers community and is a kick in the balls to a ton of players.

Please reconsider this, especially with the amount of interest this thread generates ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli9434
Посмотреть сообщение
One question, will the 0.3.7-DL update with the following versions (assuming model downloading isn't in future versions).

Or will the 0.3.7-DL version stay the same whilst the main SAMP branch keeps updating?
as far, I did understand there will be two branches (DL & non-DL) so my expectations are that any version will be released in future (not soon.) will be released in two branches the DL & non-DL just like 0.3.7 now. which is really non-sense.

I'm waiting for Kalcor to give us some valid arguments on that.
there are many people that wasted their time and money on this. it's not easy to disable it and go ahead.
Wanna a proof? check views UP TO 2400 views and 4 pages in less than 40 minutes.

You did a big fault, why not revert that. and get back the 0.3.8. it's not something that hard and will cost only one click.

for the sake of this community don't disable 0.3.8.

I did personally waste a lot of time preparing a big build for this. and many people do the same, even some members go too far like southclaws who bought a domain and a VPS to store and help people on models.

You can check it here: https://samp-objects.com/ (southclaws) and here https://samp-models.com/ (mschnitzer)

Please don't let this go like that.

Why I'm against this? simply because releasing it as -DL branch won't be fair for everyone and will make it less popular, remember that not everyone who joins this forum/game/project as a new member is an adult, so they won't roll around to check -DL version even if they did, they will find it quite complicated so they go for 0.3.7 without any other move.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
learn how to read, see you in 2 years.
Obviously you think you are psychic and know when the release will be, but I can assure you, that you aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim00n
Посмотреть сообщение
Please reconsider this, especially with the amount of interest this thread generates ...
This is why I said what I said above ( http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...9&postcount=65 )... Even though the 0.3.8 has been cancelled, the way SVN/GIT works is that you run branches, which have different configs, and enhancements done on them.

They're easily brought across to other versions, so therefore, don't panic, it will be back at some stage.

It was an RC client, so you running your server on it, is very silly, as it's not a release, so therefore, as it has been, it can be withdrawn at any time.

All you need to do is have patience, and it will be brought out whenever it is deemed ready.

Just because it's not going to be named 0.3.8, doesn't change anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouHack
Посмотреть сообщение
Can you stop it?

always being against the community even if Kalcor is the wrong here.
'YouHack' do you understand development cycles, or anything related to that? No? That's enough for me to know you're not worth my time...

Why, Kalcor, why you make SAMP to dead?(

So, let me know. There it will not be custom models download on 0.3.7-DL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby
Посмотреть сообщение
So, let me know. There it will not be custom models download on 0.3.7-DL?
Did you even read the first post?

The "DL" is the model downloading version... The normal 0.3.7 branch will have the other functions that were added in 0.3.8 not-related to the downloading.

Is it a bad idea. Most of us who are active in this forum and in SAMP were accumulating in the 0.3.8.
what happened?

Made many objects, interface. Expended in plenty of time it! And now it's in vain? I'm upset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani18
Посмотреть сообщение
Is it a bad idea. Most of us who are active in this forum and in SAMP were accumulating in the 0.3.8.
what happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1n1vv
Посмотреть сообщение
Made many objects, interface. Expended in plenty of time it! And now it's in vain? I'm upset...
Read the information provided to you...

No waste of time as it's all being put in later on.

It was an RC version, and because of that it's being put back, and integrated into other versions. Everyone panics over nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Obviously you think you are psychic and know when the release will be, but I can assure you, that you aren't.
Its called basing your point of view on clues and evidences provided, if i had seen a frequent update for this i would've been like fuck it, it'll come on later versions, but by the rate of this and how he cancelled such a big update overnight to not develop it for the current time shows me nothing but further delays on a larger range, got that Mr.I can always prove you wrong?

Well this is sad news. Great job!

Even though I liked custom models to some extent, mainly for Vice City and Liberty City, I think this is a great decision. The feature brought with it more problems or extra things to think about, than what seemed at first. This would have probably led to more time spent on that feature, than would have been spent on other smaller and easier to implement features.

Although I do think that branching of the models feature into a separate client/server/browser list is not that great, since it makes it a bit more difficult for end users. I can already imagine the threads being made with 'I can't join server x' and a reply with 'what version are u using? 0.3.7? oh no you need the 0.3.7-DL one'. However since you said that it is a temporary thing, that's just a small thing to deal with.

People that are saying that the 0.3.7-DL branch will not get any more future updates that are added to the main 0.3.7 branch, clearly don't know anything about git or development.

I'd rather see a stable smaller new SA-MP version with a few bugfixes and a few extra features, than a buggy version with 1 big new feature. I'm sure not everyone agrees with me on this one, but I really think this is the better decision for the community as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten
Посмотреть сообщение
Well this is sad news. Great job!
Wow! you still alive? I'm one of your scripts fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaksken
Посмотреть сообщение
Even though I liked custom models to some extent, mainly for Vice City and Liberty City, I think this is a great decision. The feature brought with it more problems or extra things to think about, than what seemed at first. This would have probably led to more time spent on that feature, than would have been spent on other smaller and easier to implement features.

Although I do think that branching of the models feature into a separate client/server/browser list is not that great, since it makes it a bit more difficult for end users. I can already imagine the threads being made with 'I can't join server x' and a reply with 'what version are u using? 0.3.7? oh no you need the 0.3.7-DL one'. However since you said that it is a temporary thing, that's just a small thing to deal with.

People that are saying that the 0.3.7-DL branch will not get any more future updates that are added to the main 0.3.7 branch, clearly don't know anything about git or development.

I'd rather see a stable smaller new SA-MP version with a few bugfixes and a few extra features, than a buggy version with 1 big new feature. I'm sure not everyone agrees with me on this one, but I really think this is the better decision for the community as a whole.
Can you continue with version 0.3.8 after this?

If I'm reading this correctly, 0.3.8 is skipped. Instead there is an optional 0.3.7-DL release. And in the next version there will be a 0.3.9 (or 0.4x) release that also has the download function.

So right now -DL is optional, later it'll be integrated in the latest version.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Its called basing your point of view on clues and evidences provided, if i had seen a frequent update for this i would've been like fuck it, it'll come on later versions, but by the rate of this and how he cancelled such a big update overnight to not develop it for the current time shows me nothing but further delays on a larger range, got that Mr.I can always prove you wrong?
Shit, and who would've thought that Kalcor even stated that the future versions would have the features added to the main branch...

Pretty sure your 'view' is jaded. You're missing a very large portion of the point.

After all, you don't know when the next releases are, nor are you showing any understanding of how real development with programming, is done...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
got that Mr.I can always prove you wrong?
You've not proven anything, except for that you don't understand how development actually works.

What a shame

Quote:

SA-MP 0.3.8 has been cancelled and won't be released as the main SA-MP branch. There is lack of interest in the downloading feature by most of the existing SA-MP servers.

Where did that came from? Many servers owners loved the update, you just hear 1 or 2 big servers and consider it all, I'm done of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Shit, and who would've thought that Kalcor even stated that the future versions would have the features added to the main branch...

Pretty sure your 'view' is jaded. You're missing a very large portion of the point.

After all, you don't know when the next releases are, nor are you showing any understanding of how real development with programming, is done...

You've not proven anything, except for that you don't understand how development actually works.
Nah sew, this is just your brain shitting on you again, it's making you think that you know everything better than anyone, I've seen you shit on tons of threads. It's my opinion and i can speculate whatever i want, you can't force your opinion/point of view over mine so back off, grow up and shove your methodology where the sun dont shine.
EDIT: was too pissed off.