0.3.7 vs 0.3.7-DL

Hello,
If I have a server on version 0.3.7-DL, will it be able to connect to this server with client version 0.3.7?

That would be the best option.
Using GetPlayerVersion, the script can easily detect whether or not to create custom objects

Thanks for answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATomas
View Post
Hello,
If I have a server on version 0.3.7-DL, will it be able to connect to this server with client version 0.3.7?

That would be the best option.
Using GetPlayerVersion, the script can easily detect whether or not to create custom objects

Thanks for answer
The client version can be changed by any hex editor. Also there are asi plugins that replace the version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romz
View Post
The client version can be changed by any hex editor. Also there are asi plugins that replace the version.
That's not what he's asking...

They're wanting to know what features the 0.3.7 and the DL versions will share.

The real big question is whether the DL version is backwards compatible to the 0.3.7, so we can simply have the DL version client, and still connect to 0.3.7 servers.

The actual best option, is for backwards compatibility, as the DL version should have all the extras that get added to the 0.3.7 branch, and just have the extra model stuff, and if it's not used on the DL server, the client should recognize that.

Kalcor already said that the server lists will be fragmented: baseline 0.3.7 and DL

That should effectively answer your question, or do you see support for multiple server lists in your client?

Sorry maybe i'm bad ask. I will try again.

I don't care about server list.
I don't care if i can connect with 0.3.7-DL client to 0.3.7 server.
I afk is posible connect with 0.3.7 client to 0.3.7-DL server without client modification.
A player who does not install a 0.3.7-DL client will not be able to modify the 0.3.7 client.

I want 0.3.7-DL server and I do not want to lose 0.3.7 client player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATomas
View Post
Sorry maybe i'm bad ask. I will try again.

I don't care about server list.
I don't care if i can connect with 0.3.7-DL client to 0.3.7 server.
I afk i posible connect with 0.3.7 client to 0.3.7-DL server without client modification.
A player who does not install a 0.3.7-DL client will not be able to modify the 0.3.7 client.

I want 0.3.7-DL server and I do not want to lose 0.3.7 client player.
You can't. 0.3.7-DL is merely a rebranded 0.3.8, the players client is required to have the model loading feature for the DL branch of SA-MP. You also can't play on 0.3.7 with your DL client I assume.

A separate server list usually goes with incompatibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FufLa
View Post
You can't. 0.3.7-DL is merely a rebranded 0.3.8, the players client is required to have the model loading feature for the DL branch of SA-MP. You also can't play on 0.3.7 with your DL client I assume.

A separate server list usually goes with incompatibilities.
I am aware of all this. And I know how to make it to have 0.3.7 and 0.3.7-DL players on my server and both work at the same time. Right from the beginning, I'm doing this by downloading models only by virtualworld. If a player does not get 0.3.7-DL, he will not get into virtualworld. Simple. And skins? Simply see CJ. Do not look for problems where they are not.

Kalcor, if you read...
I would also like to say. Now there will be two versions of SA-MP 0.3.7 and SA-MP 0.3.7-DL. Then let it be so. But do then one single client SA-MP 0.3.7. Let the players can play with one single client on both regular servers 0.3.7 and servers 0.3.7-DL. Otherwise it will be extremely inconvenient for the players. And what server version to use on the server - let the server owners choose.

So far Kalcor has not introduced us to 0.3.7-DL. How will it work and etc ...