Master Account vs Regular Account?

So for a heavy rp server, which one would be better? A Master account or regular account?

A master account.

A master account, useful for playing hours, account stats, and expecially for bans.
With regular accounts players will have splitted playing hours and in the case they get banned they can evade

I'd opt for a Master Account system, this allows players to have multiple characters under the one account.

Master all the way, can do much more stuff than simple character.

The only reason people mention the master account scenario is because people copied the GTA V Online style...

Real servers, don't need you to log in as they already know who you are.

That's simply not true, as for "you don't need to log in", what about dynamic IP users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleroot
View Post
That's simply not true, as for "you don't need to log in", what about dynamic IP users?
Most dynamics don't change every day, so it is true especially if they track your last used IP. The chances of players having the same IP from recycling dynamic IPs is pretty much none.

Sorry to hear you haven't played on servers that have higher end scripting, but it is fact...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
Most dynamics don't change every day, so it is true especially if they track your last used IP. The chances of players having the same IP from recycling dynamic IPs is pretty much none.

Sorry to hear you haven't played on servers that have higher end scripting, but it is fact...
Well I don't play on stunt servers, but I don't want to change my dynamic IP then get locked out my account. Using passwords for master accounts is best way, and you don't have to be sassy about it lol.

And for the "stolen from GTA V online" I believe it's also foolish to say that. Gameplay mechanics should never be owned by someone else, if so, then the whole FPS games community could be sued by the first FPS game ever made, it's the same case for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleroot
Посмотреть сообщение
Well I don't play on stunt servers, but I don't want to change my dynamic IP then get locked out my account. Using passwords for master accounts is best way, and you don't have to be sassy about it lol.

And for the "stolen from GTA V online" I believe it's also foolish to say that. Gameplay mechanics should never be owned by someone else, if so, then the whole FPS games community could be sued by the first FPS game ever made, it's the same case for this.
First off, it's from a CnR mode. You don't get locked out of your account if your IP changes as if it notices that then it asks you for the password.

The 'stolen from GTA Online' is because it was ONLY when GTA V came out that people started looking at this.

It's not a problem for copyright as you can't say that it is copied, as it's only the concept...

"Sass"... Please stop trying to take offence at something that's expressed to you, after all, so many try to coin this when their 'points' have been shot to shit.

After all, you were saying that it wasn't true. If you don't understand capabilities in script, then please, don't try tell people that it's not anything that can happen. Hell, even some RP servers over time have allowed IP logins.

You can't be sued for taking a concept, and making a copy... Hell, look at all the CoD servers, and the new PUBG modes... If this were the case, we'd have been served already, which hasn't occurred.

Master Account.

Master Account

Regular... Since heavy roleplay is literally more to real life than any other roleplay.. Why would I chose another character.. You only have one character in real life why have more than one in the almost back to reality roleplay... If you would have said light roleplay then the answer would be different... Well it's just an opinion though...

Any day of the week, I'd choose a master account due to the simple fact that I hate having to switch to another player.. and then lose out on hours I have in game.

Master Account

master acc ofc as u can have 2 chaars

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
First off, it's from a CnR mode. You don't get locked out of your account if your IP changes as if it notices that then it asks you for the password.

The 'stolen from GTA Online' is because it was ONLY when GTA V came out that people started looking at this.

It's not a problem for copyright as you can't say that it is copied, as it's only the concept...

"Sass"... Please stop trying to take offence at something that's expressed to you, after all, so many try to coin this when their 'points' have been shot to shit.

After all, you were saying that it wasn't true. If you don't understand capabilities in script, then please, don't try tell people that it's not anything that can happen. Hell, even some RP servers over time have allowed IP logins.

You can't be sued for taking a concept, and making a copy... Hell, look at all the CoD servers, and the new PUBG modes... If this were the case, we'd have been served already, which hasn't occurred.
"Master Accounts" have been a thing since Day 1 of MMORPGs and similar genres. Even GTA O wasn't the first, there were SAMP and MTA Servers offering multiple characters on one account before GTA IV. Just saying, I don't think you can argue it being stolen from GTA V since it was a thing way before that.
About IPs and the ban evading topic, you are completely right imo. Ban evasion can be done even with a Master Account system, so that alone will not do much (except you loose multiple characters at once which should be taking away motivation to start over, for good - but that's not a real "pro" for Master Accs).

Quote:
View Post
The only reason people mention the master account scenario is because people copied the GTA V Online style...

Real servers, don't need you to log in as they already know who you are.
You seriously chat some right shit. LSRP and RCRP have had master account systems for years and SAMP RP servers have been doing it since before GTA V even came out on PC.

Master account and i'm seriously sorry I did not do this when I rewrote my game mode.