Is a used car good choice?

Hello everyone,

I am here for a few months, and I see the forum members are very cool and nice. I know that my question is not related to the forum but I still would like to ask some advances.

I am dating a great women for 2 years. I would like to get married her and I could not get any idea about how to propose her in a special way. My friends suggested me to buy a used car Subaru Forester 2008 for sale from a popular Japanese platform to gift her (https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-...-sale-year2008). Its meaning is we will go to the future with amazing speed . However, I'm scared that she will not be satisfied with this idea, and she will not like this gift.

Can anyone give some advances?

good choice m8
my first car was a used soviet bucket - VAZ 2106
loud and rotten af
just g00gl3 to see that ugly shit and remember that there is nothing worse than soviet cars

Have a mechanic inspect the vehicle before it's purchased. My car underwent thousands of dollars in repairs that took over a month to complete after the check engine light came on a day after purchasing. Luckily I didn't have to pay a penny for it.

Let's start with the fact you're proposing with buying a car for her? Isn't that sort of weird? Feels like a bribe lol.

Anyhow, as for the used car part, used cars are a great choice if you know what you're getting, especally if it's a first car.

I recommend you watch this *******r's series on how to inspect, test drive and purchase a used car, he has several follow-up videos in the recommended feed about the topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC8LbvYk6es

Edit: I'd also like to add that the older the car is, the cheaper it will be to repair and maintain. It's a common misconception that older cars will require more repairs. In reality, newer cars are more expensive to repair if something goes wrong, as everything is flooded with unnecessary electronics that cost a lot to repair.

Cars are pretty simple to be honest, I've been working on my car on the side for years and here's a list of what to look for:

1. Weird noises
2. slow/clunky transmission shifting
3. brakes ofc
4. tires
5. suspension components
6. check for any leaks etc
7. run a check on the VIN number of the car just to make sure if it was in an accident or something

That's pretty much it I own a 16 year old Bmw and still drives like it's brand new

Bad idea.

Some of the girls today think that you bought a car for em just because you want they die lol.

Hi DidierAubin87, u live in France ? I have two stores in France, we work only with BMW, Benz, Volkswagen... we can better talk about this ? I can help in choosing a good car...

Fuck the car... Get something better for both of you, or some shit. Cars cost money over time, need space to park, and end up breaking down and needing to be moved via other vehicles, otherwise it'll sit in your driveway gaining rust and moss.

Do some saving for a trip of some sort or something more notable than a car...

Unless you REALLY need it, I'd avoid it.

Pretty sure when people import cars, there's no way to get appraisals done, and you just end up with what you got.

That's why you see people go over and find those cars and check themselves, as these guys are simply exporting... They don't care what condition it is in other than what it grades like, and what it's got under the hood.

I got offered a R32 GTR (in 99-03), fresh off the boat (Landed here) for 1500USD equivalent, simply because it had a drifting handbrake setup that wasn't legal here.

If I had bought that and got it back on the road, it'd now be worth 20-30k USD.

Subaru? Good luck with replacing sparkle plugs on a boxer engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhizors
View Post
Subaru? Good luck with replacing sparkle plugs on a boxer engine
They're probably the easiest plugs to change....If you pull the motor first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunud
Посмотреть сообщение
Bad idea.

Some of the girls today think that you bought a car for em just because you want they die lol.
Oh my god...

2.0 are fairly small engines, but I guess it depends on where you live. I bought the truck I'm driving now used. 75,000 miles on it used. I purchased it for 29k, but it all matters on where you buy it from. Make sure it's trusted and they have proof of how well the car has been taken car of. For instance in the United States we have CarFax that provides all that with the Vin Number. (vehicle identification number)

This is my car: https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...3b&oe=5AE38EC0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten
View Post
2.0 are fairly small engines, but I guess it depends on where you live. I bought the truck I'm driving now used. 75,000 miles on it used. I purchased it for 29k, but it all matters on where you buy it from. Make sure it's trusted and they have proof of how well the car has been taken car of. For instance in the United States we have CarFax that provides all that with the Vin Number. (vehicle identification number)

This is my car: https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...3b&oe=5AE38EC0
All of this, won't apply to imports that aren't already in the country.

Used car is always the best choice. There is no need to buy a brand new car from the dealership. As soon as you drive out of the dealership the cars value decreases probably by %10-%20