Question regarding MySQL-Plugins

Hi,

im using an old gamemode i made a long time ago.
I took a long break from SAMP and now im back using my old GM.
It still uses the old MySQL-Plugin by StrickenKid: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=122983

To re-write the whole GM so that i would be able to use the new MySQL-Plugin by BlueG would take ages,
(the old plugin also works great)
so my question is:

Does it make a huge difference?
Can the server performance/lag be improved/decreased by using the new MySQL-Plugin?
As i have heard the old Plugin does not use threading and can freeze the server for as long as a query takes
to execute, is that true?
Can there be a noticeable negative impact using the old Plugin?
Im using the plugin for user data.
If they log in/register, their data gets loaded or account registered.
If they disconnect, it gets saved.
Also there is a timer per player using an interval of 10 minutes to autosave the user data.
Im not doing any crazy stuff like sending queries on OnPlayerUpdate or in a fast interval timer.

Maybe some of you know more about how the plugins work and can tell me if its actually really critical or
if i can keep using that plugin.
The server can have about 40 players max. and most of the time has about 20+ players.

What is your opinion?
Thank you for your time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnoQ
Посмотреть сообщение
Does it make a huge difference?
It can, yes.

Quote:

Can the server performance/lag be improved/decreased by using the new MySQL-Plugin?

Performance around MySQL functions will see great improvement, especially if using threaded queries, as the server won't freeze briefly on each query.

Quote:

As i have heard the old Plugin does not use threading and can freeze the server for as long as a query takes
to execute, is that true?

Yes, using the mysql_query function (which still exists in newer versions of the plugin, but still causes the same effect) uses the same thread as the server. This means that everything else is not processed until this finishes (client-server sync, commands, etc). This can be especially noticeable when executing larger queries.

Quote:

Can there be a noticeable negative impact using the old Plugin?

Yes. Upgrading to a newer version is recommended for many reasons: increased security (which is especially important when handling information such as passwords, even if hashed), better performance, a wider array of functions/capabilities, issues with the plugin are routinely fixed through new releases. Query threading is a key point of newer versions, this uses a different thread to handle the query which means everything else still happens while the query is executing.