Goodbye, forum, from IllidanS4

With regards to the recent events, I've come to a conclusion that I am neither appreciated nor welcome here anymore. I feel like I haven't done anything to deserve that, but I suppose it's just a way things are.

To sum up my contributions to the community, here's a short list of them:
  • In 2011, I have posted a list of skin data which was later directly used in 0.3d to add 13 new skins.
  • In 2016, I have released i_quat, allowing for the first time numerous spatial manipulations that weren't possible before, as well as accurate GetVehicleRotation.
  • Later that year, when kurta went missing, I took of developing and maintaining YSF in his absence.
  • And for the last two years, I have been releasing a couple of small yet useful includes. I have also been developing two plugins, but I shall cease their development now.
Despite my attempts at being useful to the community, I have been always treated with cold reception from the forum moderators, with my account twice being banned forever (that's why my nick is "sprtik" again) for breaking nonexistent rules, and my posts being removed without any explanation.

In 2012, I have been banned for mentioning the name of a popular program that can be used for cheating on servers. Despite there being no rule for this behaviour, and although I tried to contact the forum moderators, I got absolutely no reaction and had to create a new account (sprtik). I admit I was a bit less mature and more hotheaded then than I am now, but I had in no way been insulting other people or acting inappropriately before. It was literally "first fault - last fault".

In the last couple of years, I thought the tides have turned for the better, but apparently, I was mistaken. This month, my account (graciously renamed to "IllidanS4" by dugi meanwhile) was once again banned, this time for mentioning a competitor SA multiplayer program. Once again, I have found zero response from the moderators after I tried to politely contact them and explain myself, nor any mention of this rule in the forum rules. Since I don't know who issued the ban, I will refrain from any personal accusations.

I'd hoped to raise awareness of this from the community, but once again the moderators turned a blind eye to my appeals. Therefore, I will not release the "grass and bushes in SA" map, at least not in the next couple of months.

Yesterday, I have published my new winter-themed map of the whole San Andreas covered in snow, yet it was briefly deleted thereafter. With no explanation, I am going to interpret that as a way of telling me that my posts aren't welcome here anymore. As I hope to have illustrated, I don't think I have deserved this reception, but whatever.

Numerous people have been "deleted" from the forum forever for falling out of favour of the people at high places, but I am not going to be one of them. I take my leave now, on my own free will, and I chose not to come back.

Please let me also explicitly restate that I have met many intelligent and talented people here on this forum, be it the coders or the mappers, and I hope we shall meet once again in some better place. I will not make attempts at publishing my work here, but I will still try to make occasional commits to YSF once in a while.

I have not yet decided where to place my focus now, but if you want to stay in touch, please consider subscribing to my SA-MP channel.

Goodbye,
IllidanS4.

If ever you are passing my way, don’t wait to knock! Tea is at four; but any of you are welcome at any time!
Archived here.

I was playing SA:MP since the late 2011, and eventually it gets boring, and life goes on without it. I left SA:MP quite a while ago, and I must say that my life has been going better without SA:MP, but I was still active on forums.

But anyways, SA:MP is falling apart and it's going nowhere tbh. So, I wish you the best in life, and a happy New year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlayer
Посмотреть сообщение
I was playing SA:MP since the late 2011, and eventually it gets boring, and life goes on without it. I must say that my life has been going better without SA:MP and I have been active on forums tho'.

But anyways, SA:MP is falling apart and it's going nowhere tbh. So, I wish you the best in life, and a happy New year.
Lies come out of your typing fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr
Посмотреть сообщение
Lies come out of your typing fingers.
Uhm, I don't think so. Many people leave SA:MP because they get older by time, and they become mature, which leads to a no comeback leave.
Anyways, that was just my opinion.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I was playing SA:MP since the late 2011, and eventually it gets boring, and life goes on without it. I left SA:MP quite a while ago, and I must say that my life has been going better without SA:MP, but I was still active on forums.

Bullshit, even a peoples with 30+ playing SA:MP.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

SA-MP isn't falling apart lol it's getting a kickass new update which is pretty awesome, and people don't leave samp just simply because they're getting older... i take it as a hobby i like scripting and samp that's why i play it i find it interesting and the day i leave samp wont be just because i "grew up".

The snow is awesome tho.

Sad to see you go.

XD THATS SAD, I AM SHITPOSTING HERE ALL THE TIME AND MY POSTS ARENT REMOVED HALF OF THE TIME XDDDD

Thank you for everything you gave us. Farewell, Happy new year 2018! May this be a massive year for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]Kurence[
Посмотреть сообщение
XD THATS SAD, I AM SHITPOSTING HERE ALL THE TIME AND MY POSTS ARENT REMOVED HALF OF THE TIME XDDDD
LMAOOO

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuKzt7p-MnM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaTTrO
Посмотреть сообщение

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeitY
Посмотреть сообщение
see ya tommorow
Thats it

Would be cool if you could reupload the snow to your github.

Your entire thread reeks of a victim complex where you antagonize the staff and victimize yourself as if attempting to seek pity. You're not entitled to being treated "well" just because you're a contributor to the forums.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
is that why you only have 277 posts since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi
Посмотреть сообщение
is that why you only have 277 posts since 2010
He recently lost his mind, And his first account with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryM4Life
Посмотреть сообщение
He recently lost his mind, And his first account with it.
I have forgotten my password on my first acc, it was made in 2009 and never banned

Your San Andreas snow map thread was removed because it contained a blatant advert to a server.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I have forgotten my password on my first acc, it was made in 2009 and never banned
See? I was right you lost your mind, Who the hell said you were bannned? D: