increase draw distance on server objects

Hi.

Info:
1) SA-MP version: 0.3.7
2) Windows version: 8.1 x64 Pro
3) Video card type: Nvidia Geforce 605
4) IP:Port (if any) of the server you are trying to play on: any
5) If you are crashing, paste the crash report in your post and say when the crash occurs: no crash
6) If you are crashing loading SA-MP, please say whether GTA:SA single player works (test it): no crash
7) Do you have any other GTA:SA mods installed? e.g. new vehicles: just a mod for HD Mouse and to start Gta in a window
In Gta options draw view distance is set to maximum.

My problem: on any server I have to go close to server objects so the client would draw them.
And this is pretty annoying, especially if I move fast. Sometimes I collide with the objects before seeing them...
And if the server lags is very much annoying.
Oh: in the areas I go to, almost all server objects don't change in time.

I want to increase draw distance for server objects to only 2x..3x. I don't need infinite...
I know this is usually set by server but there is got to be a way to do this in client too.

Thank you.

Anybody...?

I'm confused, doesn't this change through Display->Advanced? Also sometimes it's the server lag, make sure u join a decent one close to your origin place.

There isn't a way to change the draw distance for server objects on client side, that's done by the server. You could suggest to your server to increase the distance to maybe 700 at most, default is 300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalMethod
View Post
There isn't a way to change the draw distance for server objects on client side, that's done by the server. You could suggest to your server to increase the distance to maybe 700 at most, default is 300.
We can go higher than 300 with CreateDynamicObject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
View Post
We can go higher than 300 with CreateDynamicObject?
Code:
CreateDynamicObject(modelid, Float:x, Float:y, Float:z, Float:rx, Float:ry, Float:rz, worldid = -1, interiorid = -1, playerid = -1, Float:streamdistance = STREAMER_OBJECT_SD, Float:drawdistance = STREAMER_OBJECT_DD, areaid = -1, priority = 0)
Yes, and it's a blessing. Can't go too crazy with it though, since too many objects loaded can/crash your client.

Although I think in 0.3.8 the max objects increased to 2000, so now we can get a little crazier.

Quote:
View Post
Code:
CreateDynamicObject(modelid, Float:x, Float:y, Float:z, Float:rx, Float:ry, Float:rz, worldid = -1, interiorid = -1, playerid = -1, Float:streamdistance = STREAMER_OBJECT_SD, Float:drawdistance = STREAMER_OBJECT_DD, areaid = -1, priority = 0)
Yes, and it's a blessing. Can't go too crazy with it though, since too many objects loaded can/crash your client.

Although I think in 0.3.8 the max objects increased to 2000, so now we can get a little crazier.
Lmao i always thought the maximum stream distance was 300.0 thanks for the info.

Thank you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
View Post
I'm confused, doesn't this change through Display->Advanced? Also sometimes it's the server lag, make sure u join a decent one close to your origin place.
As I said I already set it to maximum.
The server lag makes it worse but it's not the only "culprit".
And to choose the servers you play only by the low lag value is, sorry to say, not such a good idea.

Quote:
View Post
"My server" >> like I would have any chance in convincing the staff from the good servers to listen to me, an outsider...