Ban System need Help.

Hello Everyone.

I'm facing issue my ban system working like other servers but anyway to kick the VPN users.
Like a kid was got banned and he changed ip and created almost 100+ accounts anyway to
kick him directly rather than banning him because he came ban after ban again to spam and
insulting players and to damage server.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBilal
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello Everyone.

I'm facing issue my ban system working like other servers but anyway to kick the VPN users.
Like a kid was got banned and he changed ip and created almost 100+ accounts anyway to
kick him directly rather than banning him because he came ban after ban again to spam and
insulting players and to damage server.

Thanks
To ban heavy ban evaders i do one simple thing, ban the hardware id for a limited period of time, you can either make a command that bans a hardware id for an hour or simply ban the hardware id and unban it after an hour, why unban? because hardware ids aren't accurate when it comes to players as MANY players can have the same hardware id so if you leave it without an unban it will lead to innocent players not being able to access your server, good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
Посмотреть сообщение
you can either make a command that bans a hardware id
There is no way to get the hardware ID of a player in SAMP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirou123
Посмотреть сообщение
There is no way to get the hardware ID of a player in SAMP.
PHP код:
native gpci(playeridserial[], len); 
excuse me?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
excuse me?
It's not exactly a hardware ID. It's just a hash of the player's game save location AFAIK, and most cheats already spoof it. So it's not really worth it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not exactly a hardware ID. It's just a hash of the player's game save location AFAIK, and most cheats already spoof it. So it's not really worth it.
You're missing the point, It is worth it, "most cheats" lol nah hardly any actually, did you even test that and actually saw MOST of the cheats evading this and spoofing it? i don't think its even possible to spoof it lol I've been on samp for years and i only saw one cheat that can spoof it and it only did so because it wasn't actually the samp client, wont state its name, I've never seen someone come back from the gpci ban, if i was a hacker and i got banned AND I KNEW it was a gpci serial ban i wouldn't even bother, let alone not knowing it was a serial ban? hackers/ban evaders are stupid and they would usually only use a vpn to change their ip in case of a ban, banning the gpci serial always worked for me, this is for helping, simply coming on here and saying "don't bother" is the opposite of helping, let him try and use it unless if you got a better way of blocking the ban evader, then post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
It is not an SHA1. The fact that you think it is makes me think you are connected to some cheater/bot websites, which is exactly why the function exists and why it's not (and will never be) documented.

Here is all anyone needs to know about gpci:
- It is a non-reversible (lossy) hash derived from information about your San Andreas installation path.
- It is not a unique ID.
- It was added to assist owners of large servers who deal with constant attacks from cheaters and botters.
Do your researches well next time @mirou123

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Do your researches well next time @mirou123
And how does what I said contradict with what Kalcor said?
I said it's the player's hashed game path which is confirmed by the first statement. It's not unique, which means it will falsely ban other players. As for spoofing, it does change with various hacks (Most of the ones I tried at least) and you can find an other case here https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=603965. Now to be fair I never actually tried it myself and I had a prejudice based on many topic I've seen on the forums so I might give what was suggested in that post I linked to a shot.

OT: You can try using some of the available VPN detectors like this one which is what the OP asked for in the first place.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
And how does what I said contradict with what Kalcor said?
I said it's the player's hashed game path which is confirmed by the first statement. It's not unique, which means it will falsely ban other players. As for spoofing, it does change with various hacks (Most of the ones I tried at least) and you can find an other case here https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=603965. Now to be fair I never actually tried it myself and I had a prejudice based on many topic I've seen on the forums so I might give what was suggested in that post I linked to a shot.

OT: You can try using some of the available VPN detectors like this one which is what the OP asked for in the first place.
I've already stated that it is not accurate and that it would cause into other players not being able to connect if he doesn't remove it after a while
Quote:
why unban? because hardware ids aren't accurate when it comes to players as MANY players can have the same hardware id so if you leave it without an unban it will lead to innocent players not being able to access your server
and yes it is not exactly the path it's derived from the installation path and was never documented so that other's wouldn't reverse it with those rainbow tables and decoders, again i say nothing can change it unless they re-install samp or change their pc or launch samp through a different client or a fucked up hacked client, it can be accurate in banning the ban evader but inaccurate to ban other's along that's why it should be removed, your post mentioned on the other hand is inaccurate as its only a list of ips and those are hardly ever kept updated and will never counter all vpns AND mostly the link dies after a while just like many of those other 'anti-vpns' you can't actually detect a vpn...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
your post mentioned on the other hand is inaccurate as its only a list of ips and those are hardly ever kept updated and will never counter all vpns AND mostly the link dies after a while just like many of those other 'anti-vpns' you can't actually detect a vpn...
That's because the currently available VPN detectors are either self made and maintained or privately hosted by the creator. The one I made uses a public API that their makers maintain for a living as they are charging for the usage but luckily it has a free version with limited requests per second which is not really a problem for a SAMP server.