Just some curiosities

Hello there people!

In this thread I want to ask a couple ooooof questioons.

I came back to scripting about a week ago and I started working on a small/medium project, a RP gamemode which mimics real life as much as it can (mostly focusing on economy, I like small, but stable economy).

Here are the questions: 1) Do you think its still worth opening a RP server in 2017 (almost 201?
2) I want to create a Dealership system which is using the prices of real life versions of in-game cars (ex. Sabre = 1970 Chevy Chevelle, which roughly sells for 38.000$). What do you guys think about it? Is it a good idea?

3) Paydays, my nemesis, my original plan was to give every player their payday at fixed hours(ex. 10:00, 11:00, 14:00), but someone suggested to give each player his payday after each played hour (ex. players joins at 10:48, he will get his payday at 11:48 if he played for atleast 30 minutes during that hour). Which one do you think works best?

4) Jobs, heh, another nemesis, I tought about giving the player the money he worked for when he receives the payday, not after each job run/cp/thingy/god knows what his job will do. Again, is it a good idea?
5) Leveling, based on experience, you get certain amount of experience each payday, depending on how much have you worked. When you reach a certain amount of experience, you level up. By leveling up, the amount of experience needed to level-up again gets multiplied by 3. Opinions?

6) Groups (factions), since this is a RP server, I had a rough time thinking about gangs and their role in the economy. I came up with this idea: Each gang can control a zone, each zone brings the gang a certain amount of drugs, or money, each payday. Departaments can raid gangs' HQs and confiscate their drugs, weapons, or the risky stuff.

This is all for now. Long Live SA:MP Forums!

There are a few massive upcoming RP servers like Bay Area Roleplay and Vice City Roleplay, so good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr
View Post
There are a few massive upcoming RP servers like Bay Area Roleplay and Vice City Roleplay, so good luck.
My server is not supposed to conquer with other servers, like BARP, or VCRP. I'm mostly looking towards a soft RP, server which offers players a place to spend time and have fun. I'm going to work on this server only to waste my time, since I got loads right now.

Make something unique. Drop los Santos, San fierro, Las Ventura's and map something new. Custom mapped city, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navzar1337
View Post
I started working on a small/medium project, a RP gamemode which mimics real life as much as it can

5) Leveling, based on experience, you get certain amount of experience each payday, depending on how much have you worked. When you reach a certain amount of experience, you level up. By leveling up, the amount of experience needed to level-up again gets multiplied by 3.
huh? I have never leveled up in real life, what's the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessil
View Post
huh? I have never leveled up in real life, what's the point?
I want to use a level system for groups, nothing too important. (ex. player must be level 3 in order to join a gang, level 7 in order to join a department, etc etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhizors
View Post
Make something unique. Drop los Santos, San fierro, Las Ventura's and map something new. Custom mapped city, maybe?
This looks interesting. I want to wait for 0.3.8 release in order to use Vice City as a starting point.