Is it essential?

So i am currently working on a gamemode which is ofc RP, its one of its kind and i was wondering, is a forum and website Really a must or do you think a server can run without all this web things. So everything will be taken care of In-Game and no need to post stuff on forums etc? Or do you belive that a forum and website is essential?

My friend, in my opinion, even I myself would see it possible to run a server fine without a forum or website but at least you need a website to post information and stuff. Because that's what I'm honestly doing, but having a forum depends, if you're having a RP server, then its mostly recommended, but hey, you can use discord instead.

Many people would argue against not using a website, but there's no need to have one if you plan to have everything (ban appeals, applications, ...) handled ingame or on a third party platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting.
View Post
My friend, in my opinion, even I myself would see it possible to run a server fine without a forum or website but at least you need a website to post information and stuff. Because that's what I'm honestly doing, but having a forum depends, if you're having a RP server, then its mostly recommended, but hey, you can use discord instead.
I think you can run a RP server without forum and stuff, sure a simple website to post information is quite essential, but for example how to apply for a faction you could simply make a system IG to allowe people to apply when reach a certain level etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevann
View Post
I think you can run a RP server without forum and stuff, sure a simple website to post information is quite essential, but for example how to apply for a faction you could simply make a system IG to allowe people to apply when reach a certain level etc
Yea, that can be done. So, that's why I voted no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting.
View Post
Yea, that can be done. So, that's why I voted no.
Thanks for voting

You need a forum for these features

1) Ban appeals
2) Faction applications
3) Gang applications
4) Player reports
5) Announcements (a website is enough)
6) Staff reports
7) Discussions

And more....

You need a forum, otherwise your server isn't complete, you will miss a lot of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucases
View Post

1) Ban appeals
2) Faction applications
3) Gang applications
4) Player reports
6) Staff reports
7) Discussions

And more....

You need a forum, otherwise your server isn't complete, you will miss a lot of things
Yes.

“One of a kind”.. haven’t heard that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucases
View Post

1) Ban appeals
2) Faction applications
3) Gang applications
4) Player reports
6) Staff reports
7) Discussions

And more....

1) Can be done via dialogs after connection with a banned account and specific commands for admins
2) Can be done via dialogs after entering specific command and specific coomands for leaders
3) same as 2)
4) Can also be done via dialogs (DIALOG_STYLE_MSGBOX would be nice) - also links can be posted and beeing showed (if image)
5) Textdraws, Gametexts, Commands, Dialogs, endless options after you connect or logged in
6) same as 4)
7) easy to do with DIALOG_STYLE_LIST and DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT, DIALOG_STYLE_MSGBOX to show

All points are examples.

BUT

I also prefeer a website.
There would be only one thing which makes a website "important". If you server crash's or got maintenance.

English as its best, drunk german cunt trying to type.

its not really about requirements but its what your server makes promising. Think as a normal player, without a forum, it looks incomplete.
What if the server is down for a while? players will visit the forum to know about the problem.

So, Yes Its a MUST if you want to stay in the race for a long.

Forum yes, website no. People still have to report bugs and make suggestions for your server.

Yes, you can. But forums are so much useful, like if a player lost something hes going to spam you in game to get his item back things like this... In forums, you can also post infomation regarding your server.
So i recommend you to use it.