Vehicle number plate model name

Hi,

did anyone of you find the model of the number plate in the SAMP.img or anywhere else? I'd like to create an object that can be used.

It's not a seperate model, it's part of each vehicle.

It's part of a vehicle. You can deattach it from a bumper and export as a regular object.

You need to use SetObjectMaterialText or premade texture in order to change the plate numbers though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoubleoper
View Post
You can deattach it from a bumper and export as a regular object.
Could you please make an example how you would do it? I don't have that much experience in Blender.

When I import a vehicle in Blender, it doesn't show me the number plate. I'm not sure how I can extract this because I can only select the whole model. I imported an infernus. I think, it's because of the missing texture. How can I set the texture file which should be used in Blender?

Afaik the number plate doesn't have a texture, at least it's not in any of the vehicle's textures.

Also, why do you want to export the number plate? It's just a flat plate which you can create yourself using blender, then add it as custom model and set a new texture.

If you still want to export it, try ZModeler, it shows all vehicle parts including the Number Plate.

Well, I was generally interested in that subject matter (how to export parts from models), but the main reason was that I wanted to attach that extracted number plate to bikes so that they also have a number plate. Of course I could also create a white plate but it would be nicer if it would more look like the actual number plate which has a "Los Santos" text on it and so on. I thought it'll be more easier to export that instead of trying to make a 1:1 copy.

I'll gonna try ZModeler and come back later, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnitzer
View Post
Well, I was generally interested in that subject matter (how to export parts from models), but the main reason was that I wanted to attach that extracted number plate to bikes so that they also have a number plate. Of course I could also create a white plate but it would be nicer if it would more look like the actual number plate which has a "Los Santos" text on it and so on. I thought it'll be more easier to export that instead of trying to make a 1:1 copy.

I'll gonna try ZModeler and come back later, thanks.
The texture is applied by the engine (depending on where the car spawns) and not textured in the model, it would still be easier to create an own object with that texture. Just saying, since you wouldn't have a textured object after extracting but literally a non-textured plate. You'd have to add the texture yourself and also another layer for text (otherwise the text you set would replace the texture).

You can create a plate with 2 layer of textures, one for texture, other for use in SetObjectMaterialText. The first texture stay in background. This second texture is created in front of first.