Running SAMP Server on Mac.

Is it possible to run samp server exe on a mac? I tried getting myself familiar with the linux version but it's too complicated for me.

PS: Not quite sure if it's the right section for this soz

https://www.winehq.org/ here you go, have a look. If you have any questions shoot me a PM

Don't bother running it on OSX unless you are prepared to use the terminal. If you really must run it on your mac, run it in a virtual machine using Windows, or rent a Windows VPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithis
Посмотреть сообщение
Don't bother running it on OSX unless you are prepared to use the terminal. If you really must run it on your mac, run it in a virtual machine using Windows, or rent a Windows VPS.
or Linux, linux is much better than windows for hosting a samp server, as far i know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeon™
Посмотреть сообщение
as far i know.
and you don't know shit.

spit some true facts why Linux (version etc) are better than Windows os(version, etc).
take Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS versus Windows 7 Datacenter, tell me why the fuck Linux is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
Посмотреть сообщение
and you don't know shit.

spit some true facts why Linux (version etc) are better than Windows os(version, etc).
take Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS versus Windows 7 Datacenter, tell me why the fuck Linux is better?
Linux is an open source OS, windows you have to pay for.

Linux is a lot more lightweight than windows, using less resources

Windows tends to crash every now and then. Linux very seldomly crashes.

Most viruses/malware are written for Windows, which means your server could potentially be more at risk.

Linux has a more structured user base, which in turn is more secure (Super user, Root etc)

You want more? Theres a reason the majority of web/game servers run linux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeon™
Посмотреть сообщение
or Linux, linux is much better than windows for hosting a samp server, as far i know.
The topic starter has indicated he thinks Linux servers are too complicated, probably due to having to use the terminal to run them properly.

Which leaves us with only one other possibility for him: run his server inside a Windows environment.

Also, I have nothing but positive experiences with running SA:MP server under Windows. It all comes down on properly managing the server and knowing what you're doing. Personally, I depend on using Windows due to running my gamemode in C# under the .NET framework and using MS SQL server as my database backend.

Exactly. I would love to run the server inside a Windows environment. Any suggestions? I use the winebottler for SAMP, but for some reason it does not work for win servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo123
Посмотреть сообщение
Exactly. I would love to run the server inside a Windows environment. Any suggestions? I use the winebottler for SAMP, but for some reason it does not work for win servers.
My original suggestion still stands, run a Windows virtual machine inside your OSX machine. Setup the network so that clients may be able to reach the server. If you want to go that route, let me know here and i'll try to help you wherever possible.

I'd have thought because Mac OS used linux as a base, that the server package for linux would work (or somehow be an avenue) in this sense.