Import txd files

Hey

The new version allow us to import new models (dff and txd) but it would be interesting to make possible to import a txd files.

Like that it could be possible to add new images and display them using texdraw or change the minimap texture, ....

Thanks
++

Actually you can. Download icons(pics) you think are compatible for SAMP from the internet, create a new .txd file by using TXDWorkshop, import the downloaded images to the new txd file by using TXDWorkshop, set the desired name for said icon, then save txd in //SA Folder//models//txd

For example purposes, let's say the txd file was named LD_CUSTOM, and the downloaded icon was named customsprite.

In the code, you'll write LD_CUSTOM:customsprite

PS: That's what I did, haven't tested it out yet, but if I did anything wrong the other helpers will help you out.

For use custom textures you must add at least one object with this texture. This bug was in custom.img too.
I'm add one object with texture (txd) and add in this txd all textures I need. And you can use them in textdraws like here: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...47&postcount=9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealPeteros
View Post
Actually you can. Download icons(pics) you think are compatible for SAMP from the internet, create a new .txd file by using TXDWorkshop, import the downloaded images to the new txd file by using TXDWorkshop, set the desired name for said icon, then save txd in //SA Folder//models//txd

For example purposes, let's say the txd file was named LD_CUSTOM, and the downloaded icon was named customsprite.

In the code, you'll write LD_CUSTOM:customsprite

PS: That's what I did, haven't tested it out yet, but if I did anything wrong the other helpers will help you out.
Yes I know but the user need to dowload the txd file manually, my proposition consists to add a function to do that automatically (like AddSimpleModel).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
View Post
For use custom textures you must add at least one object with this texture. This bug was in custom.img too.
I'm add one object with texture (txd) and add in this txd all textures I need. And you can use them in textdraws like here: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...47&postcount=9
Ok, so we can just add a useless dff file and use the associated textures for textdraw and for other objects ? Good Idea thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArrow
View Post
Ok, so we can just add a useless dff file and use the associated textures for textdraw and for other objects ? Good Idea thanks !
Yeah, I added in txd HD-icons of weapons HUD, paint on the doors of Benny's Garage from GTA Online etc.

Nice ! But for ak-47 icons (in hud) you had to recreate the txd "ak47.txd" and replace the old icon by the new or it just possible to merge all custom images in only one txd files ?

Quote:
View Post
I kinda need knowledge on this one too. Could you simplify and explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArrow
View Post
Nice ! But for ak-47 icons (in hud) you had to recreate the txd "ak47.txd" and replace the old icon by the new or it just possible to merge all custom images in only one txd files ?
I put all new textures in one TXD. TXD have a limit of something (weight etc.). For now I'm not reach the limits.

Quote:
View Post
I kinda need knowledge on this one too. Could you simplify and explain?
Just add custom.dff & custom.txd in models folder (I'm done it in custom.img in older versions), write AddSimpleModel to pwn and you can use textures from your custom.txd in textdraws or on the objects.

I am trying to replace the map (Escape->Map) by the new, it is possible and it works by using modloader.
But it is not possible to replace the txd files (radar00, radar01.txd, ...) by using the new sa-mp function (AddSimpleModel)

If you're talking replacing the map server side (so everybody who connect can see it) then no, you can't. Modloader has nothing to do with SA-MP as it interferes only with the client's files.

I am talking about the minimap, I tried and it is works:

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...-sa-mp-029.png

I have just put the 143 txd files used to make a map in my modloader file. Again, my proposition consists to add a function to import these txd files.

You can only add new files, not replace old ones, so no you cant replace radar minimap with your own.
Also i dont think Kalcor will add that since he said many times "It would change how the game feel, sa-mp is multiplayer modification and not scripting game engine"

Quote:
View Post
Just add custom.dff & custom.txd in models folder (I'm done it in custom.img in older versions), write AddSimpleModel to pwn and you can use textures from your custom.txd in textdraws or on the objects.
Still kinda stuck with this. I have a TXD file that contains some new sprites. How do I add them in textdraws?

Quote:
View Post
Still kinda stuck with this. I have a TXD file that contains some new sprites. How do I add them in textdraws?
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=734

Is the crane.dff an actual existing/useful file or is it just there to fill up the parameters

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Is the crane.dff an actual existing/useful file or is it just there to fill up the parameters
Just example.