Where would you want a RP server be based on?

Title says it all, go vote!

Los Santos is so mainstream and repetitive, LV in the other hands is so underestimated on the variety of gameplay it can offer, If I ever decided to get back into RPing, I'd prefer it to be on a LV setting.

Oh, ehm, I don't know, this question has never been asked before, probably the answer is wherever you feel comfortable at, where you won't hate the place for its limitations but rather embrace them.
Have you thought about that LS is too big? Angel Pine is too small? Custom map maybe will work out? Anything else is also nice, small and cozy?
Just randomly selecting one or choose one that passionate you the most? one that even if all vote for it, you will take it because you like it and not throw it away and take the second most voted one?

Maybe searching the forum would do it, but this forum doesn't have such advanced feature.

Las Venturas, because I haven't seen any RP server based on there. Tired of Los Santos already.

Las Venturas or San Fierro, Los Santos's been overdone. But honestly, I've always hoped for a server large enough to support multiple cities and have a real complex script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowex
View Post
Las Venturas or San Fierro, Los Santos's been overdone. But honestly, I've always hoped for a server large enough to support multiple cities and have a real complex script.
If the playerbase of such server is 500+, even then RP'ing will be uncommon.

On-Topic: LV all the way!

Vice City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
Vice City
Actually that would be so cool in 0.3.8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageCraftLV
View Post
Actually that would be so cool in 0.3.8!
Yeah, a little birdy told me it's already being worked on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
Yeah, a little birdy told me it's already being worked on
As for now I know that 6 VCRP servers will be out when 0.3.8 comes out.
The strongest survives.

A tropical Roleplay where you could have 2-3 islands mapped that are connected. New, fresh, custom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageCraftLV
View Post
Las Venturas, because I haven't seen any RP server based on there. Tired of Los Santos already.
My server was in LV, honestly, it kind of sucked.

You should rather create your own maps (maybe an island) because all the countries you mentioned above has already been used. Why would players join your server if it has already been made?

Pleaseeee, a heavy roleplay server in San Fierro would be it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevGun
View Post
As for now I know that 6 VCRP servers will be out when 0.3.8 comes out.
The strongest survives.
Since Kalcor released the VC and LC maps, everybody around went too crazy for it.

LC/VC ain't stable yet and contain bugs as mentioned, I do recommend waiting their stable versions before running a server on them, or would just end up in another failure. And about the location, it's all good as long as you don't just add businesses and houses without any customization.

vice city

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassilis
View Post
A tropical Roleplay where you could have 2-3 islands mapped that are connected. New, fresh, custom.
To come back on this, I think that's a great idea, but to make it even more interesting maybe one of the islands shouldn't be connected by road, or maybe none of the islands should be connected by road. That's something different for once. Getting some Hawaii like RP or something. Where you have to use planes, helicopters or boats to move from island to island.

However it also has to be said that custom island RP's could be really buggy and underappreciated.

Players always want quality roleplay, nice staff team and a nice gamemode. I dont think location matters.
If you would say LS is overused, I would say that SA:MP roleplay is overused in such case.
I dont know why people are focusing on location rather simply working on the gamemode and bringing new features.

San Fierro all the way up. It's really a modern and green city. It has its own beach, mountain, villages and what not. Just great city if you fall into it.