CnR, RP, COD, freeroam, dm/tdm?
which one is the best these days?

Roleplay.

Your own GM is the best .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
View Post
Your own GM is the best .
Plus you don't have to make a specific gamemode obligatorily. You can make a gamemode where you add what you learned, what you tested, etc.. When you will have « enough skill » to create a complete gamemode, then go for it.

we we i got threated that my irl informations will get leaked if i run a leaked gamemode lool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMSK
View Post
we we i got threated that my irl informations will get leaked if i run a leaked gamemode lool
That's called doxing and I'm pretty sure it's not legal. Running leaked gamemodes is also not allowed.
It will get your server blacklisted. Just make your own gamemode. You're less likely to make enemies right from the start.

Roleplay.

Without the roleplaying genre, SA:MP wouldn't really be as popular as it is. And no, don't go download a random roleplay script, make your server some new to the SA:MP community, bring something that will fascinate your players - bring something you'd be grateful to have.

Your general approach to this whole deal is wrong and you're asking the wrong question here.
Instead of asking "what is successful these days?" Ask something like "how can I make this concept (whatever that is) successful?".

If you're going to script it yourself, it depends on your knowledge, if you just started learning you can start out with a DM server. Then change into a Cops And Robbers and so on until you can script a complete RolePlay server and keep adding as you learn.

Now if you're going to pay a scripter to do it for you, you can start with a RolePlay server if they are able to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre02
View Post
If you're going to script it yourself, it depends on your knowledge, if you just started learning you can start out with a DM server. Then change into a Cops And Robbers and so on until you can script a complete RolePlay server and keep adding as you learn.

Now if you're going to pay a scripter to do it for you, you can start with a RolePlay server if they are able to do it.
This makes no sense, why would it be easier to create a deathmatch game mode instead of a role play game mode? It isn't, it's equally hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
Посмотреть сообщение
This makes no sense, why would it be easier to create a deathmatch game mode instead of a role play game mode? It isn't, it's equally hard.
It's equally hard if you put yourself to the standard that a DM script need just as much, if not more, content than a RP script when technically you don't need as much code in a DM script; thus it's easier to code a DM script than a RP script.

Roleplay GM

You shouldn't begin with RP, a role playing environment which consists of many concepts familiar with real life is hardly achievable, you just don't learn how to RP today, start making a RP script tomorrow, things need time, if you want to make a RP script you firstly need to learn how to RP (if you don't already) and trust me it's not easy to perform what you learn from the first time, it's not a programming language. Testing RP scripts requires testers, if not a complete team of them, you just don't stay 3 days in front of the computer testing and scripting your RP game mode, that's pretty much committing suicide. I don't think 'starting' should be that much hard, right? Begin with something easy, DM is considered easy because it's ALL based on killing unless you would add complex features which would also not differ from the complexity of RP scripts. So, my suggestion is beginning with something easy for yourself, we ain't saying what would be easy, what's easy for me would be hard for you and normal for someone else, everyone has his knowledge, skills and ways of managing stuff. Just begin with what you wish to, what you can do, what you can edit/modify or create not what you just download and start server off with, without any basic idea what you are running, how the fuck are you to fix bugs then? If crash issues happen, if there's a loophole, many things can make your server with zero players even with hosted tab, it's all instability, players won't play where server crash due to scripting errors and such.

Summary is, decide what you want to make basing on your knowledge, even if basic knowledge, ONLY choose what you can develop or even if you modify a released script, you should know how to fix bugs, debug code and understand what you are actually having in your script, such a shame if you don't even know what you are having in your server and yet you own it, how would you manage something you, yourself don't know anything off? That's why usually beginners aren't recommended to open a server with a released script. So you should start off learning basics (if you didn't already) and then advance into choosing your own game mode after you are satisfied with your knowledge, whether basic or advanced, it's up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable™
Посмотреть сообщение
You shouldn't begin with RP, a role playing environment which consists of many concepts familiar with real life is hardly achievable, you just don't learn how to RP today, start making a RP script tomorrow, things need time, if you want to make a RP script you firstly need to learn how to RP (if you don't already) and trust me it's not easy to perform what you learn from the first time, it's not a programming language. Testing RP scripts requires testers, if not a complete team of them, you just don't stay 3 days in front of the computer testing and scripting your RP game mode, that's pretty much committing suicide. I don't think 'starting' should be that much hard, right? Begin with something easy, DM is considered easy because it's ALL based on killing unless you would add complex features which would also not differ from the complexity of RP scripts. So, my suggestion is beginning with something easy for yourself, we ain't saying what would be easy, what's easy for me would be hard for you and normal for someone else, everyone has his knowledge, skills and ways of managing stuff. Just begin with what you wish to, what you can do, what you can edit/modify or create not what you just download and start server off with, without any basic idea what you are running, how the fuck are you to fix bugs then? If crash issues happen, if there's a loophole, many things can make your server with zero players even with hosted tab, it's all instability, players won't play where server crash due to scripting errors and such.

Summary is, decide what you want to make basing on your knowledge, even if basic knowledge, ONLY choose what you can develop or even if you modify a released script, you should know how to fix bugs, debug code and understand what you are actually having in your script, such a shame if you don't even know what you are having in your server and yet you own it, how would you manage something you, yourself don't know anything off? That's why usually beginners aren't recommended to open a server with a released script. So you should start off learning basics (if you didn't already) and then advance into choosing your own game mode after you are satisfied with your knowledge, whether basic or advanced, it's up to you.

I just joined this community yesterday, even if i that still doesnt mean that i dont know how to script there are a lot communities which offer you a place to script and create your own code. Trash. All what i had to do was dealing and learning what functions does samp have