Vice City DayZ Developer Vlog

Pro Gaming Arena is proud to announce the development of DayZ Vice City. We have been working tiredlessly to push a script into alpha and have successfully released the first alpha version of the server (that is currently live!). In spirit of the release, we have created a Developer Vlog to catch everyone up on the cool things we have going on here at the [pGA] DayZ Vice City server.

Please feel free to comment your thoughts. We are developing this script with a community-focused mindset. So, all feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

The server details are located on youtube. Our goal is not to promote the server (yet!) but to raise awareness of this cool project.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best,

~Pro Gaming Arena Team

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlrPxI4V2Wo

That is cool, put all the wannabe servers to shame

Just because a server dies doesn't mean it couldn't still be alive 420DayZ has had it's time if I really wanted to be serious I could revive it. The amount of work is too much and I really can't even begin to take on doing anything since I know the scope of things goes beyond what I want to do alone.

The truth is after putting in thousands of hours I would rather see what other people are doing and if I see something I don't like I just can't help but spill out my mentality of what it takes to create something. I know by far I am not the best scripter by any means but it isn't one person that is a great scripter, the great scripter relies on everyone else's work to use with their own. That is why this community is really great because you can find solutions to almost any problem and if you can't then you need to solve it yourself and hopefully contribute your solutions.

Make you models of backpacks, skins, and download from Kalcor's post Vice-City Map, use default DayZ mod, and here we go. In my humble opinion, a lot of server will use (or will create new) map for their survival DayZ project, and it's very good. But I leave this genre of mode (that is pity for me, because I have written cool DayZ mode). So I really like that sb's try to create smth. new by using new features of SA:MP 0.3.8.