Custom Mapped Island - Heavily inspired on Vice City

Dear Community,

I've always held this project kind of 'secret' and only showed it to a limited amount of people, however since the upcoming version (0.3.8 ) I got the feeling this creation will have less uniqueness due to the possibility of importing large amount of codes and implementing for example the Vice City map!

The idea behind this project is/was to push SAMP to its final limits by implementing as many objects as possible within a small range, trying to figure out how to get it working smoothly - which I can conclude I succeeded in besides some limitations. Please don't get me wrong here: the project is not finished nor is its' limit reached! Basically I mapped step by step, first initializing the basis and slowly adding more details, trying to create a realistic environment while avoiding and fixing crashes, crashes.. aaaand crashes.

The lack of interest of team members / specific people not willing to test it made me stop the development of this project and with the release of 0.3.8 upcoming I decided to show it towards the community.

I listed some information regarding the map for the people interested:

- Custom mapped island heavily inspired on GTA:Vice City.
- BETA stage, it is in no ways finished.
- ±3000 objects (containing ±2000 re-textured objects)
- Used a custom streamer however applied standard draw distances
- Had an second island connected by bridges (like VC) however limitations of SAMP made it impossible.
- Realistic island: All buildings categories and infrastructures are added, there is loads of variety like the set up of LS, SF and LV. (Only a fire department is missing if I can recall correctly)
- Video recorded on a low-end wooden laptop using Fraps.

NOTE: In case people are actually interested I will upload more parts featuring the whole island.

PART 1 - Featuring the Airport, Industrial Area and Middle-class neighborhood.

NEW! PART 2 - Featuring the lower-end neighborhoods.

Please take into consideration the amount of time and effort I have spend into this project (you seriously don't want to know), so please try to avoid idiotic replies such as "You could have added more details" and "I don't see any bushes", please. thank you in advance.

Enjoy watching, please don't hesitate to ask any questions with regards to the project & have a nice day.

Yours Sincerely,
Delfino

Video not working

Jesus. I feel so bad that you put all this time into this map just for it to be put to shame in 0.3.8. Best wishes. This is a masterpiece though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssMorgan
View Post
Video not working
The video is set on public and working as far as I know, others seem to be able to view it though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSAINTo
View Post
Jesus. I feel so bad that you put all this time into this map just for it to be put to shame in 0.3.8. Best wishes. This is a masterpiece though.
Cheers mate appreciate that, don't have bad feelings: I enjoyed mapping throughout the process and that's what matters in the end!
However I agree it is sad my effort is kind of for.. well nothing. Anyway that's why I made it public now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSAINTo
View Post
why would his map be put to shame?

i'm pretty sure he achieved more that some people will ever do even with 0.3.8 features ...

the map looks awesome, was sad the video cut because i wanted to see those bigger buildings :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
View Post
why would his map be put to shame?

i'm pretty sure he achieved more that some people will ever do even with 0.3.8 features ...

the map looks awesome, was sad the video cut because i wanted to see those bigger buildings :P
Thanks! the reason for the cut is explained inside the thread: "This is only part 1 yet, in case people are actually interested I will upload the other 4 parts displaying the whole island."

That's a hell lot of effort. Well accomplished.

This really is impressive work! Delfino showed me round a while back and I was super impressed. I don't think 0.3.8 invalidates this at all, if anything it provides an opportunity to make it even better!

Great work!

Considering the fact that this is custom mapping in 0.3.7. This is extremely impressive work!
Also, how does it affect Framerate?

Nice.

The map by itself, no matter if it is a copy of Vice City, is so organised that you could think it's been implemented by default in game. Majestic.

I'm afraid you have fist bug and carjack to the bottom of the ocean bug.

Anyway, great map - it's like default GTA city which is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted
View Post
That's a hell lot of effort. Well accomplished.
Cheers Twizted! Yes, it is a hell lot of effort, making sure all the roads are perfectly matching was the biggest puzzle to be honest :'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
View Post
This really is impressive work! Delfino showed me round a while back and I was super impressed. I don't think 0.3.8 invalidates this at all, if anything it provides an opportunity to make it even better!

Great work!
Cheers for the feedback, yes I remember showing you around! However, my goal was to create a whole new city / island with the original / default objects, so I was not planning to implement any non-original objects using 0.3.8 I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzy
View Post
Considering the fact that this is custom mapping in 0.3.7. This is extremely impressive work!
Also, how does it affect Framerate?
Glad you like it, I haven't really tried to find out to be honest (I know, bad right?), I have always worked with my gut feelings and when everything runned smoothly / didnt caused any lagg or bugs I was satisfied! (Guess that's quite accurate as I got a wooden PC anyway)

It's definitely something to test in a later stage, maybe if it gets a lot of attention I will open up a server so you or other people could check it out InGame for feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassilis
View Post
The map by itself, no matter if it is a copy of Vice City, is so organised that you could think it's been implemented by default in game. Majestic.
I wouldn't say it is a copy, however I did use Vice City as inspiration for the project! And yes! That was exactly my attention, creating an complete, organised city from scratch using the default SA objects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croheart
View Post
I'm afraid you have fist bug and carjack to the bottom of the ocean bug.

Anyway, great map - it's like default GTA city which is great.
Yes you are right, the melee damage system isn't synced outside the default SA map! However I thought about this and there is probably a possibility to fix it by implementing custom damage assigned by melee weaponry.

Glad you like it, thanks!

UPDATE! As promised, I uploaded part 2 due to the positive reactions and interest into my work!

NEW! PART 2 - Featuring the lower end neighborhoods.

Actually showing the only part / street of the project (at 2:06) which I feel satisfied about and is finished! Please don't hesitate to ask questions or give feedback!

Are those some custom roads or something? They match up really good.

Anyway once again really nice, it has that little havana feel to it and seems bigger.

Amazing, you need to be very patient to work on something like this.
Everything is precise, creative and neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
View Post
Are those some custom roads or something? They match up really good.

Anyway once again really nice, it has that little havana feel to it and seems bigger.
They are not custom, default roads but retextured! It was quite a puzzle to get all the roads fitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant99
View Post
Amazing, you need to be very patient to work on something like this.
Everything is precise, creative and neat.
Thank you mate, true that: I have had loads of breaks and comebacks in between this project, it's very time related

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfino
View Post
They are not custom, default roads but retextured! It was quite a puzzle to get all the roads fitted
Literally what I've been struggling with when I've been trying to make even small islands. You've done a great job! Well done.

Sounds cool! The videos aren't working though.
I think this aren't useless even if there's 0.3.8.
Because this is more in the SA style.