HTTP function broken? Can't send long strings!

Hi,

I'm trying to send a long string using the HTTP function, and it ends up sending nothing at all.

My code:

pawn Code:
new result[1024];
format(result, 1024, "website.com/linuxthefish.php?string=%s", "878248638726478362877bewnh fdhejiwdheiudwuiheuhduihewudheuiwhduiewhduiehwiudheuwh");
HTTP(2, HTTP_GET, result, "", "MyHttpResponse");
What I get in the access log on the webserver is "[13/Nov/2017:19:37:24 +0000] "" 400 349 "-" "-""

With this different code but with a shorter string, it works.

pawn Code:
new result[128];
format(result, 128, "website.com/linuxthefish.php?data=%s", "8.8.8.8");
HTTP(1, HTTP_GET, result, "", "MyHttpResponse");
And I get this in the access logs.

"[13/Nov/2017:18:17:04 +0000] "GET /linuxthefish.php?data=8.8.8.8 HTTP/1.0" 200 0 "http://sa-mp.com" "SAMP/0.3""

Alternately I could extra the IP 8.8.8.8 from the string "fishtest - Max Speed: 45 MPH, Vehicle Health: 0.00, IP: 8.8.8.8, Ping: 394 ms", but sscanf isn't having any of it

Did you try replacing the space with "%20"? Note: In format you need to use 2 percent signs to get one into the actual string. Some webservers are unable to handle it.

Ignore if you tried other long strings without spaces.

Might also be a limitation of length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
View Post
Did you try replacing the space with "%20"? Note: In format you need to use 2 percent signs to get one into the actual string. Some webservers are unable to handle it.

Ignore if you tried other long strings without spaces.

Might also be a limitation of length.
The problem is then I could have to break down the string in sscanf or similar, but the string I'm trying to use I think is too long for the include version. Is there a way to explode a string like in PHP?

$pieces = explode(" ", "Max Speed: 45 MPH, Vehicle Health: 0.00, IP: 8.8.8.8, Ping: 394 ms");
echo $pieces[8];

Code:
fishtest - Max Speed: 45 MPH, Vehicle Health: 0.00, IP: 8.8.8.8, Ping: 394 ms

Hmm. Why do you send "Max Speed" etc with it? Why not eg.

Code:
You can use spaces too, if they work! If you use spaces just for sscanf, you can put "p<,>" in front of the format specifiers to set the delimiter to be a comma.

Or did I get something wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
View Post
Hmm. Why do you send "Max Speed" etc with it? Why not eg.

Code:
You can use spaces too, if they work! If you use spaces just for sscanf, you can put "p<,>" in front of the format specifiers to set the delimiter to be a comma.

Or did I get something wrong?
I'm phrasing the output of something else (or trying to), but then changed my mind and tried to send the whole string to a PHP script. I can't control what parts of the string I receive or modify it before it's sent, apart from after having received it.