Live Billboards? Possibly TVs?

So, i was racing inside the Racing Track, and i noticed the billboard actually streams everything live what's happening around. Can this be used for example airing news or something similiar? [Attach the camera on a News Chopper]

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I don't think it's possible, unless you went to the trouble of recording, and converting each frame to texdraws somehow, and displayed them on the right order.

This prooves that the game can actually operate with 2 cameras at once.
Further more can convert the signal to ... textures?
It would be nice if we could exploit this with SA-MP in the future.

Um, Please educate me if that's a game feature (by default; in singleplayer too?) Or, that is scripted? (I highly doubt.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzy
View Post
Um, Please educate me if that's a game feature (by default; in singleplayer too?) Or, that is scripted? (I highly doubt.)
It's from Single Player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzy
View Post
Singleplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esuZi4CZKqo
Could this be real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobabe
View Post
This is what we call video editing.
Didn't you noticed the video title, there is *edited at the end.

interesting find, should tag a beta tester to this to find out a legitimate answer

No need to find out, it has already been done (the post about it is from 2009, revealing addresses and how it works).

It's rather simple actually, the addresses of the camera matrix and screen coordinates are known, even I was able to modify cam position and screen position using SA Plugin SDK.

There is one more unused Camera and Screen Slot (2 Screens are used - the second is used for Mirrors), and I'm sure an experienced programmer could hack in even more cams.

The screen is defined by its corner positions, so you can even scale it to any size and also make it a parallelogram.

EDIT: http://web.archive.org/web/201703220...?showtopic=549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debjit
View Post
This is what we call video editing.
Didn't you noticed the video title, there is *edited at the end.
That is probably related to the Video itself (intro etc), since the feature is definitely possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
Посмотреть сообщение
No need to find out, it has already been done (the post about it is from 2009, revealing addresses and how it works).

It's rather simple actually, the addresses of the camera matrix and screen coordinates are known, even I was able to modify cam position and screen position using SA Plugin SDK.

There is one more unused Camera and Screen Slot (2 Screens are used - the second is used for Mirrors), and I'm sure an experienced programmer could hack in even more cams.

The screen is defined by its corner positions, so you can even scale it to any size and also make it a parallelogram.

That is probably related to the Video itself (intro etc), since the feature is definitely possible.
Are we able to "stream" it on more billboards/TVs for example? Or just one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobabe
Посмотреть сообщение
Are we able to "stream" it on more billboards/TVs for example? Or just one.
Since you can change the screen/cam positions at any given time, you could update them to be at the closest billboard to your position (theoretically).

But tbh I don't see it added. It's a very experimental feature with LOADS of bugs. For example, changing the Camera Matrix will also change all reflections ingame to show the Live TV. Outside of Interiors it also heavily drops the FPS, even on a PC that usually runs GTA at 101 FPS constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
Посмотреть сообщение
Since you can change the screen/cam positions at any given time, you could update them to be at the closest billboard to your position (theoretically).

But tbh I don't see it added. It's a very experimental feature with LOADS of bugs. For example, changing the Camera Matrix will also change all reflections ingame to show the Live TV.
Exactly, and as you said, this is literally possible but not with what currently SAMP has got to offer. And on the other hand, I do not see this becoming a thing any time soon given its complexity and as said by NaS, being an experimental feature by default, makes it even harder to have it worked around.