[BUG] Textdraw box transparency

Hello,

I've noticed that textdraw box transparency is bugged in 0.3.8 - no matter what alpha is set, it still displays the same transparency

//EDIT: Adjusting transparency works, it just needs higher alpha, for example 0x00000080 to 0x000000dd for the same transparency as in 0.3.7.

Code:
TextDrawBoxColor(race_menu_bg, 0x00000080);
0.3.7:

0.3.8:

I was told an age old issue where textdraws rendered twice was fixed in 0.3.8 RC. As such, alpha for all existing textdraws will need to be adjusted for said change. Are you sure changing the alpha doesn't do anything though? I was able to update my textdraws just fine.

0.3.8 RC1
0x000000FF

0x00000088

0x000000AA

0x000000FF

0x00000088

0x000000AA

Code:
	td_box = TextDrawCreate(-5.000000, 132.000000, "box");
	TextDrawLetterSize(td_box, 0.000000, 22.498472);
	TextDrawTextSize(td_box, 180.130477, 0.000000);
	TextDrawAlignment(td_box, 1);
	TextDrawColor(td_box, -1);
	TextDrawUseBox(td_box, 1);
	TextDrawBoxColor(td_box, 0x000000AA);
	TextDrawSetShadow(td_box, 0);
	TextDrawSetOutline(td_box, 0);
	TextDrawBackgroundColor(td_box, 255);
	TextDrawFont(td_box, 1);
	TextDrawSetProportional(td_box, 1);
	TextDrawSetShadow(td_box, 0);
looks darker in 0.3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
View Post
I was told an age old issue where textdraws rendered twice was fixed in 0.3.8 RC. As such, alpha for all existing textdraws will need to be adjusted for said change. Are you sure changing the alpha doesn't do anything though? I was able to update my textdraws just fine.
This is great news for us, it's a pity that Kalcor did not write about it in the update, maybe something else has been fixed?

Quote:
View Post
Why do these things not get announced?

It's not deemed important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
View Post
Why do these things not get announced?

It's not deemed important?
In 0.3.7 R2 fixed a bug with the function GetWeaponName, nobody said anything about this either.

Quote:
View Post
Sorry, false alarm. Changing transparency works indeed, it just looked like it doesn't, I had to change 0x00000080 to 0x000000dd to notice the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romz
View Post
In 0.3.7 R2 fixed a bug with the function GetWeaponName, nobody said anything about this either.
Which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaksken
View Post
Which one?
Also i just noticed in 0.3.8 you can control the player/vehicle even if scoreboard is open (TAB)
in 0.3.7 you can't control the player anymore if you used TAB to show the scoreboard.

but now its possible so yey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeon™
Посмотреть сообщение
Also i just noticed in 0.3.8 you can control the player/vehicle even if scoreboard is open (TAB)
in 0.3.7 you can't control the player anymore if you used TAB to show the scoreboard.

but now its possible so yey!
That's not true, you can still control the player while using TAB in 0.3.7 , but you can't rotate the camera with the mouse .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddin
Посмотреть сообщение
Can I ask you how did you make this message icon in the corner, is it custom .txd?

It's not custom TXD, using / \, v symbol and two box textdraw then u got that.

Quote:
View Post
And that's what we call changelog.

If textdraws were being drawn twice it's understandable that the colours would be messed up. We all would just have to adjust our colours...

Black on Black = Darker Black