Multicharacter

Good evening, I apologize for my English. I have a gamemode in "yini" I would use a multi-character system.
I know it's not recommended, but genuinely I would not change the gamemode in mysql.
Thanks in advance

I dont think its possible in any other saving system except in SQL and if somehow you managed to get this done, it won't be much convenient.

I am going to assume Multicharacter means having a master account for example thefirestate and like 2-3-4-5 or w/e character slots which he can create a character for each slot and use it without having to relog etc. It is possible in ini system but while most people who use SQLite or MySQL are utilising the unique ID possibilities assigned upon adding the information in the table and then in another table the Master Account saves just which character id is accessable while harder and not as efficient if you save the character name instead of a unique ID you can do it but still everything will work a lot slower compared to any sql based version, if you need more explaining on how to do it I can give you some directions but it is possible while quite a bit harder and costs a lot of performance due to comparing strings/saving strings instead of simple integers(numbers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debjit
Посмотреть сообщение
I dont think its possible in any other saving system except in SQL and if somehow you managed to get this done, it won't be much convenient.
Of course its possible. Its just a shitty idea but yeah definitely possible

Thanks! I have risolving problem with MySQL.
I conversion only system account.

Sorry my english

Good, you can still use SQlite which is integrated in samp package in the case you find MySQL hard.
You took the right decision.
Anyway multicharacters can be scripted with INI

pawn Код:
INI_SetTag("Char1");
INI_SetTag("Char2");
INI_SetTag("Char3");
It's just a bad idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skream
Посмотреть сообщение
Of course its possible. Its just a shitty idea but yeah definitely possible
It's not a shitty idea at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuber
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not a shitty idea at all.
It is. You got SQlite and MySQL for free. Use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucases
Посмотреть сообщение
It is. You got SQlite and MySQL for free. Use them.

I cant give you a good reason like i tested it myself but i use mysql which i believe is more stable than ini in peoples saying.

Oh actually theres one really good two reasons, which is you can connect your UCP to same database in mysql like having a table for character info that also includes premium pass stuff and you can read it from database again? also having full control on your players.

Depending on how you set your ini system, searching one by one in text files seems longer than just applying some queries and seeing everybody at once in one go.

Also I believe having backups are easier too in sql or mysql. You just dump an sql file or copypaste your database, boom youre done.(on computers which has old processor copying multiple files at once takes up to thrice time than it would do in same big file but one file)

So i really would suggest you would switch off from ini,dini,or y_ini. I dont say throw them out of your windows(was supposed to be pun), but dont rely your whole game mode on them in my opinion.