Don't rip content from other games/mods

I don't know so much according to this.

But shouldn't these rules be enough?
http://gtaforums.com/forum-333/annou...n-forum-rules/

It's a really popular forum and the rules seems to work great as far as I know. But maybe it will be different rules as the content is online instead?

Maybe it's best to use the original rules anyway so there won't be any trouble. Just a suggestion.

Encryption is not possible. Why? Because the game needs the unencrypted data. You can't pass an encrypted model to the game because it won't know how to display it. You can send the model encrypted, you can store it on disk encrypted. But the moment you need to load it, you need to decrypt it. This means you need to be sent the decryption key. If you are sending the key to everyone, what was the point in encrypting it in the first place? They can either: 1) Use the key and decrypt it themselves or 2) wait for the game to load the model and pull it out of memory.

And don't say "yes, but only experts will be able to do that", because we all know that those experts will release a one-click tool for everyone to use within 7 minutes.

i want my little pony samp rp

so if server get catched that it using ripped content so they get blocked on internet/hosted list and from websites which show sa-mp servers? just askin

There's no reason why we should encrypt stuff like skins, just create a section for public releasement of original content, I'm really excited to get some skills on blender and 3dsmax and release content based on game cutscenes, I'm a really fan of extracting these kind of things, not fucking up the game with random unrelated content.

Also Kye, let's say that I joined a server that has unrelated content like skins ripped from another game, there is gonna be any direct way to report these kind of servers? I want to believe that it won't happen because people would just release cool GTA:SA related models in a possible new section for models developments/releases, but if that happens, should I report by Contact Us page or Private Message?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cena44
Посмотреть сообщение
i want my little pony samp rp
You sir.
Have a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
You can't use content from other games. It's not just SA-MP policy, it's copyright law.
But in other GTA program, i can use any model, then why?? Is there no copyright?
I think it would be simpler, if SAMP did not take any responsibility for the models.

Quote:
View Post
No, because I assume most of us have legal copies of Vice City so it should be fine. But you might need to tell the players (before they're allowed to register) that they need a legal copy of VC to play.

If there were any complaints, the server would be blocked.
How would you enforce that as a server owner though? People can quite easily just lie and say they have a legal copy of Vice City?

All the more reason this update should've never happened for SA:MP. It just needlessly complicates things in all aspects. I personally love seeing this mod getting updated but this one update were maybe better to be left out.

Thanks for this mod Kalcor.

The way I see it is that these DayZ servers are dead now. 0.3.8 was a good way to get their activity back up but since they can't use DayZ objects I assume they'll be dead quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual1ty
View Post
All the more reason this update should've never happened for SA:MP. It just needlessly complicates things in all aspects. I personally love seeing this mod getting updated but this one update were maybe better to be left out.

Thanks for this mod Kalcor.
so because you can't seem to wrap your head around simply not stealing other peoples work, no one should be able to enjoy the new feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGGGeNNdA
View Post
The way I see it is that these DayZ servers are dead now. 0.3.8 was a good way to get their activity back up but since they can't use DayZ objects I assume they'll be dead quickly.
Ummm what? Why?

DayZ is a type of gameplay, objects are just eye-candy, you can create a DayZ type server without ripping anything.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You're telling that to a guy who has been cleaning the server lists for 10 years.

I don't actively monitor servers. Someone eventually reports them.

I'm not likely to block servers who have stuff from III or VC. Like I said earlier, most of us have legal copies of III,VC,SA anyway. Mods that run III and VC on top of SA have been available for years and, as far as I know, T2 don't have a problem with them.

III, VC, SA all use the same native format, so it doesn't require ripping/converting them from one format to another. This policy could change though if T2 decided they have a problem with GTA-in-GTA mods.
lmfao, must be those agreement freaks and feminists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGGGeNNdA
View Post
Or you create your own skins and objects and make your DayZ clone server feel even more unique.. Get creative for once.

I respect this rule but how we can protect our own models for not being used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admigo
View Post
watermark your textures? other than that there's no way but only nooby servers will steal objects from others and those don't last long

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Same goes for website design, you can't protect your files if you publish them publicly. You can more than easily download a HTML and CSS file. You can easily go to documents,gta as,SAMP,cache and copy paste

It's just how internet works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
Посмотреть сообщение
Same goes for website design, you can't protect your files if you publish them publicly. You can more than easily download a HTML and CSS file. You can easily go to documents,gta as,SAMP,cache and copy paste

It's just how internet works
No, it's not 'just how the internet works'. It's that people can't be creative and need to steal from others without giving any credit. Just because it happens on a regular base doesn't mean it's 'Just how that works', thats stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
Посмотреть сообщение
watermark your textures? other than that there's no way but only nooby servers will steal objects from others and those don't last long
Most players couldn't care less if the server they play on steal from other servers.. unfortunatly.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
As Kalcor already mentioned, if someone steals and uses your shit, you can report them and get their server blacklisted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neavorce
Посмотреть сообщение
Done.
beautiful