Don't rip content from other games/mods

What about ripped textures? How would you handle them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri1
View Post
Vice city map based role play will be blocked?
No, because I assume most of us have legal copies of Vice City so it should be fine. But you might need to tell the players (before they're allowed to register) that they need a legal copy of VC to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoUA
View Post
What about ripped textures? How would you handle them?
If there were any complaints, the server would be blocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
It depends how you're using it. If it's just fan appreciation, I don't think anyone would care. If you start ripping lots of models from GTA V, or a Walking Dead video game to create your own server, then you're going to get blocked.
So Kalcor, I'm making a 'alien' server with some downloaded skins (I didn't readed if them are from any game or movie), It's allowed? I just used to add custom skins about that thematic.

I'm worried about our custom model can be steal on cache folder. If we want to create your own custom model then we need something to protect it, map can even steal by map private and now we have another one thing to worry about that before we carry out the implementation of ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho96
View Post
So Kalcor, I'm making a 'alien' server with some downloaded skins (I didn't readed if them are from any game or movie), It's allowed? I just used to add custom skins about that thematic.
I'm waiting your answer Kalcor, I'm not going to make anything useless if you're going to block it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
III and VC are older than SA, and most of us own copies of all 3. The same can't be said for later games. I own GTA IV, but not GTA V.

If you think you can run a server based on artwork from other games, you're asking me to provide cover for it, and I'm not going to do that. My intention was to create an MP mod for Vice City, then San Andreas. I now see the need to be able to modify some of the game's content without waiting for new versions of SA-MP.
I support. I do not think it's right to turn the architecture of the GTA:SA into chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkentim
Посмотреть сообщение
Just because no one knows you stole something doesn't make stealing right. Same goes for copyright infringement.
? stealing?

I'm loving this thread. Half the people are complaining that they aren't allowed to steal from other games. The other half are complaining that the lack of encryption means other people can steal from them. And I'm pretty sure its not half-and-half: there are people complaining that they can't steal from other games while simultaneously complaining that other people are able to steal from them. How dare they be able to rip off the assets I so lovingly ripped off myself!

Do you seriously not see the irony?

I kinda agree with Kalcor if you see it from a different perspective.

However, Is it possible to make our own skins? If so; Then who cares about other game skins? Let's get creative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISmokezU
Посмотреть сообщение
I kinda agree with Kalcor if you see it from a different perspective.

However, Is it possible to make our own skins? If so; Then who cares about other game skins? Let's get creative.
Make my own skin model so other servers can use it for free and put it on the internet by using their name , their credits and so much more? No thanks.

Well, if that is the case. Clearly, something would be implemented to prevent that.

Remember that this is just a pre-release not an official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm loving this thread. Half the people are complaining that they aren't allowed to steal from other games. The other half are complaining that the lack of encryption means other people can steal from them. And I'm pretty sure its not half-and-half: there are people complaining that they can't steal from other games while simultaneously complaining that other people are able to steal from them. How dare they be able to rip off the assets I so lovingly ripped off myself!

SA-MP community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
Посмотреть сообщение

Ha

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
mod_sobe-it
Kalcor, you should be banned on the forum for this, like I was 5 years ago.

Sincerely, your IllidanS4, the guy who got new skins to 0.3d.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmir
Посмотреть сообщение
Make my own skin model so other servers can use it for free and put it on the internet by using their name , their credits and so much more? No thanks.
Isn't that essentaly what you would be doing yourself if it weren't for this rule? lol

Many people do not understand this, people do not mind defending unique models, we just do not understand why we should ban models that are freely available for download
all creators should know 3ds max?

For those who wants to protect their original content from being ripped and used on other servers, please file a patent legal request claiming copyrights so you can demand for removal on all servers you find it being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
Посмотреть сообщение
Isn't that essentaly what you would be doing yourself if it weren't for this rule? lol
This is exactly what I am saying why should I make my own and others steal , I steal!

You can lock *.dff file, but there's a way to make it editable again. You can lock your car, but there's a way to get inside it without the keys too.

If the server owned a private/public key pair, it could encrypt the model with the private key. It will then rest in the cache folder, and SA-MP will take care of decrypting it and then loading it into memory. Of course, it would not keep experts away, but all in all, custom maps are also potentially able to be stolen, and yet I haven't seen any instance of this ever (nor a "hack" to allow it).

As for the rule, with all due respect, I am not going to feel obliged to abide by it. Common sense and morality is my rule, not semi-legal restrictions.

After all, there has been CUSTOM.IMG for eternity, and nobody cared about the laws. There is no difference if the models are to be downloaded from an external site or from the server directly, it's just a matter of convenience.