Don't rip content from other games/mods

well that's a nice well :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunehildeep
View Post
that's not allowed since it's ripped from another game, you need to create your own models without infringing on the intellectual property of others

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessil
View Post
that's not allowed since it's ripped from another game, you need to create your own models without infringing on the intellectual property of others
http://www.gamemodding.net/en/gta-sa...-mertvecy.html
And this one is just in the movie and not in any of the Walking Dead game

I agree with this but how are you going to control it? Are you going to enter in all servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri1
View Post
I agree with this but how are you going to control it? Are you going to enter in all servers?
maybe he will add in a client command /report where it reports your server ip, if a server gets reported a lot beta testers (who are really active right now) can check the server (takes a minute tops) and then they blacklist you from all lists

but i think it will not come to that since serious servers aren't willing to risk their reputation for a couple of ripped models

What if I RIP the models already exits in San Andreas but not in SA-MP(like cutscenes)? and after I add them to the server?

Well just a question the files of new costums will be encrypted in client side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
III and VC are older than SA, and most of us own copies of all 3. The same can't be said for later games. I own GTA IV, but not GTA V.

If you think you can run a server based on artwork from other games, you're asking me to provide cover for it, and I'm not going to do that. My intention was to create an MP mod for Vice City, then San Andreas. I now see the need to be able to modify some of the game's content without waiting for new versions of SA-MP.
Now that I see the bigger picture and your reasoning as to why you're putting a restriction on something like this, it was never my full intent to support an actual server with the idea of having another game's content or someone's else mods. In the past, I did advocate for doing models that were from other games, not to run a server with them but just for fun. But seeing as that you're strict on something like this, I apologize.

I'm not asking anything but just answers from you. Considering I know how serious this matter is now. I also stated how specific mods from GTA SA should require permission. Perhaps the mod creator would be honored to allow their models purely made from scratch into a client like this, should they be aware of how they were used from 0.3.8.

But I get what your sole intentions are for custom models and I agree.

I think we all know what'd happen when you allowed this update.

I can see this update getting reversed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT
Посмотреть сообщение
Well just a question the files of new costums will be encrypted in client side?
I'm open to suggestions regarding this. Anything based on the game's original artwork should stay in the game's native format.

On the other hand, you can't really buy third-party models for your server unless they're distributed in a 'protected' format. My preference right now is to just stick with the game's own format, create content ourselves, and just keep everything fairly open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
Посмотреть сообщение
I think we all know what'd happen when you allowed this update.

I can see this update getting reversed.
server.cfg useartwork = 0 = 0.3.7. There won't be any reason to reverse 0.3.8. Server owners will comply with the rules. If they don't, they won't be on the lists anymore. It's 2017, I don't care if I have to run all the servers myself.

Are we allowed to use vice city/ gta 3 skins/objects? Server owners are trying to add the vice city/gta 3 map to sa-mp what is awesome.

Kalkor and when the final turns out Samp 0.3.8

I still didnt get this, you cant control others ripped content from other games/mods; kind of things exist in other games like in Garry's mod or MTA . There are tons of content from other games but, I don't think anyone warning them, and people can download/use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbogdan
View Post
What if I RIP the models already exits in San Andreas but not in SA-MP(like cutscenes)? and after I add them to the server?
There are no 'skeleton' structures for those skins, so it would be difficult to make them work as a playable model. if it's in GTA San Andreas it must not be a problem, if I understand the comments in this thread correctly.

Agree! This can lead to creators actually working hard for their own custom models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm open to suggestions regarding this. Anything based on the game's original artwork should stay in the game's native format.

On the other hand, you can't really buy third-party models for your server unless they're distributed in a 'protected' format. My preference right now is to just stick with the game's own format, create content ourselves, and just keep everything fairly open.

server.cfg useartwork = 0 = 0.3.7. There won't be any reason to reverse 0.3.8. Server owners will comply with the rules. If they don't, they won't be on the lists anymore. It's 2017, I don't care if I have to run all the servers myself.
Not insulting your intelligence Kye but surely you can see how much work there is monitoring all these servers.

Maybe you can create a filter so that it checks if you've blacklisted it and it'll automatically switch artmode off rather than blacklisting it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
Посмотреть сообщение
Not insulting your intelligence Kye but surely you can see how much work there is monitoring all these servers.
You're telling that to a guy who has been cleaning the server lists for 10 years.

I don't actively monitor servers. Someone eventually reports them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admigo
Посмотреть сообщение
Are we allowed to use vice city/ gta 3 skins/objects? Server owners are trying to add the vice city/gta 3 map to sa-mp what is awesome.
I'm not likely to block servers who have stuff from III or VC. Like I said earlier, most of us have legal copies of III,VC,SA anyway. Mods that run III and VC on top of SA have been available for years and, as far as I know, T2 don't have a problem with them.

III, VC, SA all use the same native format, so it doesn't require ripping/converting them from one format to another. This policy could change though if T2 decided they have a problem with GTA-in-GTA mods.

So what about skins from other games or movies? Ex: Michael from GTA V, Rick Grimmes from TWD or George Clooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeyL
View Post
So what about skins from other games or movies? Ex: Michael from GTA V, Rick Grimmes from TWD or George Clooney
It depends how you're using it. If it's just fan appreciation, I don't think anyone would care. If you start ripping lots of models from GTA V, or a Walking Dead video game to create your own server, then you're going to get blocked.

Vice city map based role play will be blocked?