Samp desyncs and lags all the time

For some reason whenever I play samp my packet loss is really high and I can't even play properly. My connection seems to be fine if I'm doing anything else such as watching ******* videos for example. I'm not sure how to fix this problem because samp seems to be the only thing that lags, but while the ping says it's fine (100 to 300) it is not playable with the packet loss.

I used to just use my data whenever the connection would become too slow to play but now when I connect to my hotspot and begin to play samp it uses up an insane amount of data, like 10 Mps per second when before it wouldn't use up nearly that much. Any idea how to fix this connection issue?

It can use a different amount of data.
Becuse of what the server is including etc

300 in ping is pretty much. And the server it self might aswell have much in ping. Does it happen in all servers?

Yea it happens in all servers, and it used to get too laggy to play sometimes but I could always use my data instead. Not it used way more data than usual for just samp. Also 300 ping is the highest it will go usually I'm at around 100 to 200 but it's still unplayable. What's really weird is the data thing, samp uses very little data and I used to always use my hotspot, but why does it now use way more when connecting to it and playing samp?

Tell us your stats from speedtest.net since it really sounds like it is internet related..
I always consider a normal ping between 40 and 120 and in 98% of server where I ever played, my ping doesn't get higher than that in SA-MP, so you can say a ping with 300ms is quite...laggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSPeZet
View Post
Tell us your stats from speedtest.net since it really sounds like it is internet related..
I always consider a normal ping between 40 and 120 and in 98% of server where I ever played, my ping doesn't get higher than that in SA-MP, so you can say a ping with 300ms is quite...laggy
I'm not home to test it currently but I get 5mbs of download speed. The upload speed and download speed seem usual but my friend who lives down the street has the same internet provider and he doesn't have any problems with samp. It's like I just have packet loss constantly but every thing else appears normal.

Also I'm not playing LSRP but I noticed this dude who is appears to be having the same problem as me. It starts off alright but then the packet loss seems to just increase as you play till you can't even do anything and everyone is tabbed out.
https://*********/wa5HsOSe2dA

that would be 0.5MB/s and that is really bad, ESPECIALLY when you play from a hotspot-connection. Your friend seems to have no problems, cause it also depends on what server he is playing, plus even though he has the same provider, it doesn't mean you get the same connection :/ it depends also where you live (i was in an appartment where the max was 2MB/s while others can get like 10MB/s from the same provider and even after a phone call they said this is the maximum I can get in this appartment) plus there are more "packages" which providers offer for different money..

Idk I would say it is your connection: Check if SOMETHING is downloading SOMETHING in the background (for example windows updates)
What I also can see (in the video you provided) is that even the server where you are playing at seems to play music from another URL, which means again more DOWNLOADING and with such a bad internet I wouldn't wonder about packetloss :/

Edit: There are soo many hints WHY it MUST be laggy for you..You sent a pm to id 332 and MOSTLY with so many players online it is quite normal to have more packetloss and don't forget the other things I already mentioned..

Maybe your wifi is unstable? This may sometime happen on routers from some ISP providers where heat has damaged wifi Atheros/Mediatek/Ubicom/Broadcom/etc chipset inside the router.

Final words. Is SA-MP stable over Ethernet cable?

I haven't tested it over an ethernet cable but I'm going to see how it works in different parts of the house. The video I uploaded is not me or mine but someone whom I noticed has a problem very similar to mine. My WiFi is 5mbps, not my hotspot. Of course it's not a constant 5mbps, but that's what the company gave us. If anything he has less speed than me because he joined recently and they hooked us up with some extra speed after complaining before, as it used to be even slower. I'm thinking it could have something to do with my router possibly. Also when I use my hotspot it uses like 10 Mbps per second of data when before it would use 10 in like a good 10 15 minutes at least.